It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BAN GUNS and SUSPEND the Constitution!! This needs to be done NOW!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
"I only do things to please myself. I will destroy lives to get to where I need, and I do not respond to emotion pleading. I lack emotional intelligence apparently."

"I was proven to show no feeling towards fellow man and personally I do not recognize a human as anything above an animal."

Ok so let me get this straight. You register claiming that you are a certified psychopath. You say the craziest things like the above quotes.

"However, It may be because I have not been placed in that situation yet. All Psychopaths are considered violent to some degree, but that can only be proven if caught doing something that is deemed violent. Do I have the capability of violence. Don't we all?"

So you are suggesting if you were not with job and wife and had a more meager outlook you may be violent?

"Cold and unemotional and have NO guilt or remorse towards my actions."
"I am self important and regard others as object for manipulation and for my benefit."

So after your rant about how psychotic you are an actual psychotic person goes out and commits a violent act?

This motivated you, the psychopath, to then write a thread about how guns should be banned in America because a psychopath lost control...

"As an added measure after the shooting of that poor congress woman who was only doing her job, I think the US constitution should be suspended till the ban of GUNS has been put into effect."

You are obviously affected by this horrible tragedy enough to show you do feel empathy and are not a psychopath...

But maybe that wasn't your objective....

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

See my previous post for an answer to your claims regarding Swiss gun laws, the restrictions are tighter

Swiss gun laws are more restrictive than those in the US

anyway Im off to bed now, defend your ridiculous right to bear arms all you want its killed more people than its saved America's gun massacres

Yes flee to bed. That is the best place for someone who has lost his or her argument. And dream of safety in your peaceful realm.

In America, I dream in safety too - because not even a god, not to mention a bunch of junior Hitlers could take us down.

As long as we have the ability to defend ourselves.

Goodnight sweet cattle.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Why doesnt skinripper voluntarily give up all of this Constitutionally protected rights immediately?

Why not lead by example SR?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I don't have anything to say here but, I just wanna say thanks to you guys for teaching me a lot of new stuff. I never knew why the 2nd amendment was so important but, now I understand.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Besides, banning guns will only hurt law-abiding citizens.
Criminals will still get guns.
They are criminals, remember?

The gun laws that are in place are more than competent, do some research.
Criminals will continue to commit crimes.
People will continue to get murdered.

Do a little Googling research on the number of violent knife attacks in the countries that don't allow guns.
People are gonna kill other people regardless of whether guns are banned or not.

Banning guns would be like focusing on putting out a trashcan fire in your upstairs guest bathroom while your furnace in the basement is a raging inferno.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSkinRipper

........ Calling you a troll. If not a troll, then very very very very very very very very dumb. Ok, i can't even think of what to say to anything you have said except for when u said this:

"Yes true....however most of you are to gutless to kill up close and personal. Bare hands and knives take skill and patience and some degree of bottle (bottle? lol). A gun you can sit back and just pull a little trigger. "

This alone is enough for me to call you an agent provocateur.

1. You would not be calling us gutless if you had any person you insulted right in front of you with their bare hands only. I took karate and have been practicing martial arts in my spare time throughout my life. I am fully confident in my ability to defend myself with my bare hands, or the opposite if incited by someone who stepped across the line, which you would have done had this not been some conspiracy site on your list to go and probably say this exact same thing on.

2. That response pegs you as someone who is so narrow minded that they will group over 300 million people in with a small group of criminals sprinkled throughout history. AKA Anybody with a dang brain can see that psychos are psychos and will kill with whatever they can get their hands on.

3. You are just here to rile people up, as you obviously don't care about what americans think or would like, you just want to impose your dumb idiotic idea on a country you OBVIOUSLY know NOTHING about. This is a Democracy (barely anymore) and also, a country that fought a tyrannical government for its freedom. Your words very much indicate you are not from america, so you wouldn't know because everything you said reeks with "I'm holier-than-thou" and "stupid americans!"

My final word is that you, and your idea, might as well go play in traffic. This entire thread is an insult to common sense, which you lack very much so, so i assume playing in traffic would sound like a good idea to you.

PS, what would you do if you found yourself face to face with someone in your house with a gun, or if your government deemed you a "possible violent domestic terrorist" for saying what you said and tried to arrest you because of it? OH, thats right, you probably live in a country where you can't even defend yourself in your own home without getting charged for assault or what-not. Because your country is "too gutless" to let you defend yourself. (See what I did there? Easy to return it huh?)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

The right to bear arms will never be out-of-date,
because history always repeats itself.

Hence the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Um, stupidgirl is a misnomer for you.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
I don't have anything to say here but, I just wanna say thanks to you guys for teaching me a lot of new stuff. I never knew why the 2nd amendment was so important but, now I understand.

Thas Good.

So the next time someone says to you - we don't need the 2nd amendment - because we have a Government Military - - - and don't need a civilian militia.

You'll be able to set them straight.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSkinRipper
I hope after the last few days events that even the most primitive of American people can now appreciate that
GUNS needs to be BANNED for the general populas NOW!

What has happened in the last few days that has not happened before in history?

Americans have shown the world that they cannot and will NEVER be able to behave responsibly with a GUN in hand.

Americans have shown you that? If this is strictly an American issue, than I would like to know upon which studies have caused you to come to this conclusion. Do you have anything to compare what Americans have done with guns in comparison to Germans? The Irish? Africans? Russians? If Americans can not behave responsibly with guns, at what point do you draw the line? Surely you can't stop at just guns. Americans have been shown to kill others using rocks, baseball bats, knives, axes, poisons, animals, bare hands and just about everything else you can think of. You must admit they can be an innovative and creative bunch those Americans! So just how far should we take it? What about the Nuclear Weapons? Before you try to say this is an issue of the citizens and population and not the Government, I must stop you. At the start of this post you said, "AMERICANS have shown" they can not behave responsibly with guns, and our Government is made up of Americans as well. Therefor the American Government has shown the world that they cannot and will NEVER be able to behave responsibly with a gun in hand, just as the populace has. So are you suggesting a complete and total disarm of the U.S.A.?

Massacres at schools, shopping malls and Universities is common place and NOW the assassination attempt of a government official.

So can you explain to me how this is an American issue? There have been killings at school in other parts of the world. There have been killings at shopping malls in other parts of the world. There has also been assassinations attempts and successful assassinations all over the globe. In the US we have seen assassinations of Lincoln, Martin Luther King, and JFK to name a few. So how is this assassination attempt of a member of Congress anything new?

This would be so much harder to accomplish if the Government would just BAN GUNS.

Are you sure? What would have stopped this young man from stabbing the Congresswomen? Shooting an arrow? Throwing a spear? Beating her head with a rock? The real truth is, nothing would have stopped him from doing any of these things. As easily as he fired a gun, he could have just as easily walked right up and stabbed her. She was out in public, within touching distance of anyone in attendance. The fact is, if you are ever in public no matter who you are, someone who wishes to do you harm will have opportunity to do so.

The American people do not need them even for protection. Protection from who? The average American has no serious enemy.

Really? Even in this case the Government would disagree with you. They claim we have to protected from Terrorist. If you need a better case for why the average American does indeed have an enemy, I would suggest to you to call your local police station. Get a log of how many calls the receive and the nature of such calls. Find out what the stats are for 911 calls. Just because you have no identifiable enemy does not mean there are no such things as criminals.

Listen to this 911 call and tell me.... do you think this lady thought she had any enemies and that she needed to ready to protect herself?

Gun need to be BANNED and it looks like that day is coming. Good. I do not care how people on here think about that but with the anti-government feel to this site it proves that it only takes one or two bad eggs to spoil the party. So the easiest way is to BAN the deadly weapon.

I can appreciate what your saying, however your solution is to ban a tool. If the US were to ban guns, what would stop someone like Jared Lee Loughner from going to an event armed with a knife instead? What would have stopped Mark David Chapman from killing John Lennon with a knife instead? Again I say, banning the gun would not stop these events from happening. Anyone who wishes to do you harm, will find a way to do so. If it is not a gun, it will be a knife, a rock, a baseball bat, a pipe wrench. As I type this, I am eating my dinner. What would stop a person from using a fork as a weapon?

As an added measure after the shooting of that poor congress woman who was only doing her job, I think the US constitution should be suspended till the ban of GUNS has been put into effect.

So we should suspend the right to free speech, the rights of the press, the right to be secure in your own property until we ban guns? Once the guns are taken what makes you think you would get any of those rights back?

The Bill of Rights needs to be torn up and replaced with something more upto date. The right to bare arms is now outdated and will only serve to put fire in the bellies of those do not like the way the system works. Instead of improving their lives they turn to GUNS as their way to solve their pathetic lives. The Bill of Rights is too old to mean anything now-a-days and needs to be looked at before the US turn into an anarchist state.

Ban GUNS and terminate the current Bill of rights in favor of something more realistic.

Talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water. Do you even realize that it is because of the Bill of Rights that you are even able to post something like this on the internet? How can you call that document outdated at the same time you are enjoying what that document has given you? How can you claim it is "too old to mean anything" when your actions here prove that you enjoy the freedoms that this same "too old to mean anything" document has afforded you to this very day?

I also got some news for you. I HATE the way the system works. I think the system is broken from top to bottom. I also have access to firearms. I do not turn to my gun when I have a bad day or when I feel I have been wronged. I do not consider my life to be pathetic at all and not once have I ever turned to a gun to improve my way of life. In other words... to paint all gun owners with such a broad brush is just plain foolish and short sighted of you.

PS I know a lot of you will be giving it the mouth in reply but shootings in America need to STOP. And trying to kill a government official is just plain WRONG!!! The average american has no formal training with a weapon and has no formal pass mark to achieve. If you look at driving you need to pass a test and get a license.

This is such an interesting statement to me. So shootings in America need to stop but not in Darfur? Brazil? Sudan? Just America? I do agree killing a Government Official is wrong, instead they should be arrested and tried for treason, but that's just me. However, an action like this can not come as a shock to anyone. Do you realize we as a people have been pitted against our own elected Officials by our own Government? People did not want the banks bailed out, the Government did it anyway. People did not want Obamacare, the Government did it anyway. Arizona wanted to secure it's own boarders, but the Federal Government has fought them on every turn to prevent them from doing so. So why is it a shock if people resort to the same things they have throughout history?

Now your comments about "formal training" are naive at best. Did you really even think that statement through before posting it? Law abiding gun owners who wish to carry in public do require a license. It is called a concealed carry permit. There is in most states a process that must be followed in order to get such a permit which usually includes firearm training. Now, do you want to guess who has no training, does not care if they have training and certainly in most cases does not have a permit to carry? Criminals. It is no different than driving... do you want to give a guess how many people are arrested each year for driving without a license or driving on a suspended license?

Americans will always resort to shooting people. Its in their nature. Anyone who does not agree with the BANNING of GUNS needs to be considered as someone who POTENTIALLY will one day do harm to someone.

This is just silly at this point. Again it is just Americans? It is the nature of the human species to kill each other. We have been doing all throughout history from one reason or another. Then going so far as to say anyone who disagrees with you is a suspect? So now I can should be considered dangerous because I have an opinion that does not gel with your own? It is no wonder you think the Bill of Rights is outdated, you want to stop people from doing anything you disagree with, including having a differing opinion. Last time I checked, an opinion never killed anyone.

A new "extremist" law needs to be introduce for gun ownership.

And whom would you have write this law? The same people who created Free Speech Zones? You should be careful what you wish for. You may one day get your gun ban, but it will not stop there. As I said earlier, it is human nature to kill each other. We have been do it since the dawn of man. If you choose to believe in the Bible, you can use Cain and Able as an example, and they didn't have firearms. Banning guns would do no good for several reasons. Criminals won't turn in their guns. They do not care what the law is by definition, that is why they are called criminals. The only people who would turn in their guns are the same people who get permits to carry them. Law abiding citizens. Of course people will still kill each other, they may not use a gun. They may use knives instead. Just ask anyone from the U.K. if knife crimes are relevant in their society today. So it's ok if you are killed, just not shot?

ETA: This thread was on page 2 when I began writing my reply. So I apologize if I touch on things others already have.
edit on 10-1-2011 by MrWendal because: added ETA

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralAwesome
Why doesnt skinripper voluntarily give up all of this Constitutionally protected rights immediately?

Why not lead by example SR?

My rights are protected by being a contributing member of society. I do not need to have a cowardly gun to kill someone.

I do not cry over the 2nd amendment act or any gun ban. In fact if people want to challenge the government then take the floor like normal people. Dont be cowards and hide behind your guns. If you wish to kill people do it correctly.

The congress woman was killed by a coward. Using a gun. Its easy to use a gun.

I am not crying for the Innocent woman but I am dismayed that Americans are allowed this kind of "freedom". It makes my position harder. I dislike paying far more in tax than most of the lesser people in society but they can carry a gun for protection. they do not deserve the rights of the constitution.

Only certain people should have the rights, those who have taken it upon themselves to do something with there lives. At least those in government chose to get involved. None of you do. None of you do anything that is worth a second look. You sit at home unemployed, thinking you deserve the right of those that contribute.

The 2nd amendment should be withdrawn and only those who are really deserving should be granted the right to protect their lives. those whose lives are worth protecting. Should this be the way? I wonder!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Without experience, how do you know what the correct way to kill someone is?

Or do you just watch tv in your moms basement 18 hours a day and assume that gives you a clue to reality?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

only those who are really deserving should be granted the right to protect their lives. those whose lives are worth protecting. Should this be the way? I wonder

Your post made me LOL.
Who gets to decide who is deserving and worth protecting? I wonder.....

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

only those who are really deserving should be granted the right to protect their lives. those whose lives are worth protecting. Should this be the way? I wonder

Your post made me LOL.
Who gets to decide who is deserving and worth protecting? I wonder.....

The government - - of course.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Only certain people should have the rights, those who have taken it upon themselves to do something with there lives. At least those in government chose to get involved. None of you do. None of you do anything that is worth a second look. You sit at home unemployed, thinking you deserve the right of those that contribute.

So your an Elitist? Tell you what....

You can tell the guy who collects your trash that he has contributed nothing and does not deserve the same rights as you. Why don't you tell that to the guy who comes to your home to fix your plumbing. Tell it to the guy who fixes your car. Tell it to the waiter who brings you your food when you go out to eat. Tell them that they are second class citizens who do not deserve the same rights as someone as privileged as yourself.

Tell it to the guy who spent 20 years working for some company that suddenly gets laid off when his job is outsourced and then he finds out that he is too old for anyone else to want to hire him.

While your at it you and your elitist attitude can take a long walk off a short pier. I'm sure the two of you will be very happy with each other.

link   

reply to post by captaintyinknots

3)Again, you are obviously not an american. In America, we are free citizens. We do not beg the government to restrict our rights in the name of safety(well, not most of us). The government has been flexing its muscle for a long time, which is why these things are happening more frequently.

Really? Your the only country that is getting raped at the airport security checks just to travel to another state. Where is your fight there? Thats right you dont fight it. You take it.

Americans have done nothing to "fight the tyrannical government". YES you have moaned but not fought. You never will because YOU ARE NOT and HAVE NOT been free for years.

You are the only ones in the world that think you are free. Yet when you are jobless you crawl and beg your government for money, for help with the mortgage, to feed your kids. Its pathetic really. But you want your GUNS? For WHAT? you only use them on each other. Not for the intended purpose of having them if you go via the bill of rights.

So, ammending the bill of rights as I said. IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

edit on 10-1-2011 by TheSkinRipper because: (no reason given)

I will start with the last one, first. It is OUR Right, not yours.

I grew up with guns, I have friends killed by guns, and a family member shot themselves with a gun. Yet, I own one still. I will always own a gun or two. I live in a country where I have that right, just like I have the Right to speak my mind here. I do not travel by plane-so no TSA intrusion for me. I do not take money from the government, infac when I was laid off, I still paid all my bills via my savings for 9 months..then I made my own job...which by banning guns would again cost me my job once more. You sir,seem to spew the same old garbage- I have read what great wonders that banning guns and freedoms has done in other countries.

link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Thas Good.

So the next time someone says to you - we don't need the 2nd amendment - because we have a Government Military - - - and don't need a civilian militia.

You'll be able to set them straight.

Yeah!

No matter what anti-gun nut takes up the argument, we Constitutionalists always end up gaining support.

The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting, or sports.

It is the final refuge for a people who's government goes out of control.

The Constitution defines the first government in history, where its own destruction is allowed in it its very founding documents, should that government fail the people.

The media is doing its best to cloud this; but every student of history knows the true intent of the 2nd Amendment.

The more clueless citizens we have, the more likely another revolution seems. I pray that we never ever see that bridge to cross.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
no offense intended but you are rising to a newbees bait you want to make the ats members look stupid theyve done so if some one says jump you roll, you all just jumped hook line n sinker were all gun toting angry people. being lied to yes but please conduct your selves better dont get angry at idiots he said jump and you all did giving up your insecurities in the process next time just call troll or d*ck

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

True that
True that

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Dont be cowards and hide behind your guns. If you wish to kill people do it correctly.

So tell us what is the correct way to kill some one. If you are against guns killing people then dont tell every one there is a "correct" way to do it, what a load of crap.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Ok I'll play along.

Start with my guns. Come and get 'em.

You'll get the business end first.

Troll -obviously.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join