It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FACT CHECK: Mass bird, fish deaths occur regularly

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
These mass die offs happened so far over a 10 day period.
Can ANYONE show me where this amount of die offs have happened in a 10 day period in our history.
Iam not interested in yearly figures,show me the same die offs over a 10 day time span,globally.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Thanks for the link, yeti!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Posted this in the other thread also, but maybe it's HAARP:

covertnews.blogspot.com...

HAARP locations + mass bird death locations = eerily, either in the same spot, or very, very close.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I've been a bit of a lurker since I joined, and even before that. I was looking at some vids on youtube today and something reminded me of the reports of birds falling out of the sky. I don't know if it's been posted before, if it has feel free to disregard this post.

Birds fell to the ground.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

your comment shows how gullible you are and also incapable of taking in new information and learning.

This is a media fad, its been shown by statistics bird deaths are not unusual. Show me where there is a link between the cause of deaths in all these incidents besides natural phenomenon e.g weather. Italy 700 deaths caused by sunflower seeds from nearby factory. Are the bird deaths in america also caused by sunflower seeds from the italian factory? Unlikely therefor not connected but stupid people want to believe they are.

Now we have even more stupid people trying to link fish or crab deaths to bird deaths.

Crab deaths : Experts say coldest waters in 25 years the cause

Crab deaths: Stupid people say they are connected to birds eating too many sunflower seeds in italy. lmfao

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sh1fty
What's important is that we stop cannabilizing each other and continue to search all avenues for what the real truth is.

Definetely so..

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceblue20-12
These mass die offs happened so far over a 10 day period.
Can ANYONE show me where this amount of die offs have happened in a 10 day period in our history.
Iam not interested in yearly figures,show me the same die offs over a 10 day time span,globally.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Um, yep. I've done searches using Google Advanced Search to rule out the recent news. This is but a glimpse of the results that can be found. It's a little sad seeing so many people shouting "show me the proof that this has happened before" and "fireworks have NEVER caused birds to die off like this". Why is it sad? Because those same folks who are so keenly ready to cry "fowl" are merely speculating without attempting any kind of rudimentary research on their own. It's expected for others to do so I guess.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
In my signature i have the phrase "I want to believe", yes this is exactly what i want, but i want to believe with evidence. Many folks out there and in here are only to willing to believe only too quickly, in my opinion this far out stuff excites them, makes them vulnerable to misinformation and hoaxes.
These bird deaths are nothing more than a series of unfortunate events for the birds. It does not prove anything else.
To believe that it does prove something else is to be partisan to ignorance.
Please please don't give up looking for the unexplained and evidence to support it, but stay cool and rational at the same time.

Peace friends
edit on 10-1-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsuki-no-Hikari

Look dude...

Everything dies. I got it. Sometimes it happens all at once. Got it.

People die every day but when lets say 2000+ die at one time when a plane flies into a building, there is something to take note of. It indicates something. The timing was a factor. The 2000+ there do not equal the 2000+ that died elsewhere in the world on that day from other causes.

I have heard all the explanations why, for example, the 8000 doves died in Italy. Hypoxia, hypothermia, and indigestion while coming from credible sources, are not credible hypothesis. They do not stand up to scrutiny of the evidence in that case. And just because a bird can die from hypoxia, hypothermia, or indigestion does not make it any more credible in those circumstances. It is akin to saying the folks who died in the building when the plane crashed into it died from cardiac arrest or blunt force trauma. It would be true. However, one cannot walk away from further analysis if you want to find out why there was instantaneous blunt force trauma and cardiac arrest to 2000+ people simultaneously. That is the point of discussion, not that large numbers of critters die sometimes.

I do not see where the "nothing to see here" comes from as there is indeed something out of the ordinary. I do not see where the "end of days" comes from either. I do not know where the "end of days" indicators are listed and dead birds are one of them.

I doubt this meets a harmony for the tenor of this thread, but it was needed.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33
reply to post by Tsuki-no-Hikari

Starred!

I live near Chicago - so, I guess we are used to this kind of thing... every year thousands and thousands of fish wash up dead on our shores in lake Michigan... its the cycle of life.

Sorry, but this is a terrible analogy. Do you people think things through before you make a blanket comparison? Yes, dead fish wash up on shore, by the thousands, but NOT ALL AT ONCE INSIDE OF A VERY SHORT TIME FRAME! Thousands of people die every year too. But wouldn't you find it a bit strange if suddenly everybody at the Yankees game died between the 4th and 6th inning? No big deal, right? Thousands of people die every year.

People, use your numbskull before you make these ignorant statements. A couple thousand birds dropping out of the sky within a square mile is NOT a natural life cycle. The odds of all those birds reaching the end of their natural life in that time frame and in that small geographical area, ALL IN FLIGHT has to be one in a couple billion or more.

It's ignorant statements like this that devalue a website such as this one. Please people, use a little logic and common sense before you say stupid #.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
A lot of people always jump to the worst possible conclusion and are convinced everything that happens in some kind of conspiracy.

Most conspiracies go away when you take the time to learn the facts. Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean there is something sinister going on.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Mass Die-Off of Shad in Chicago, USA - See the link:

chicago.cbslocal.com...

CHICAGO (STMW) – A bizarre scene is evolving on the Chicago lakefront, with Canada geese and mallard ducks gulping down dead or dying gizzard shad.
A major die-off of what appears to be the 2010 class is happening in Chicago harbors. Thousands, perhaps far more than that, of dead gizzard shad in the 3- to 5-inch range are frozen in the ice of Chicago harbors or floating around in open patches of water.....

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
so what happened to the aflockalypse? i'll tell you, the MSM arn't reporting them anymore so you aflockalypse belivers arn't worrying or talking about it. Bird deaths are still happening just like they have been for all of recorded history. Theres no new scary phenomenon this was just an increase in reporting by media.

This is a classic example of "Cultivation theory" but includes internet aswell as television.

Cultivation theory in its most basic form, then, suggests that exposure to television, over time, subtly "cultivates" viewers' perceptions of reality.

The ideas (on tv) presented to a passive audience are often accepted, therefore influencing large groups into conforming behind ideas, meaning that the media exerts a significant influence over audiences. This audience is seen as very vulnerable and easily manipulated.

case in point, increased in media reporting of mass bird deaths cultivates the idea that bird deaths are something new leading to easily manipulated people thinking something new & scary is happening.

In 1968 Gerbner conducted a survey to demonstrate this theory. From his results he placed television viewers into three categories; light viewers (less than 2 hours a day), medium viewers (2–4 hours a day) and heavy viewers (more than 4 hours a day). He found that heavy viewers held beliefs and opinions similar to those portrayed on television rather than the real world which demonstrates the compound effect of media influence.

I would extend the above quote to all news media this sums up the aflockalypse, to aflockaypse belivers becuase brid deaths did not appear before in the MSM in reality they must not have been happening and now they are being reported people think its something new. This demontrates some people do believe the MSM represents reality rather than the real world being reality. Fascinating.
edit on 30-1-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join