It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Must Kill The Dollar.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I agree that there is a lot of tension in the international money markets. The EU is going through a lot of issues and trying to stop the ship sinking. I see a lot of problems are due to the way money is created, distributed and managed. This has generally been kept in very small circles with limited peer oversight and subject to conflicts of interest. It looks like Russia is doing a lot better these days after going through a painful transition from a communist to a capitalist system, but still has some problems like everyone else.

The UN has been through a lot of heavy discussions over the years as there have been many complex global issues to sort out since its conception. It is quite a unique system of governance which has been gradually improving with better checks and balances. At the end of the day the diplomats and others who work there all want to go home to a nice and safe family life.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
China and other countries must ditch the corrupted US dollar.

Pro-US financial terrorists and media propaganda expedited Euro debt crisis because of Iran

Too big to fail. Print money endlessly. High-level financial scandals and frauds. The innocent investors must be saved.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev

I agree that there is a lot of tension in the international money markets. The EU is going through a lot of issues and trying to stop the ship sinking. I see a lot of problems are due to the way money is created, distributed and managed. This has generally been kept in very small circles with limited peer oversight and subject to conflicts of interest. It looks like Russia is doing a lot better these days after going through a painful transition from a communist to a capitalist system, but still has some problems like everyone else.

The UN has been through a lot of heavy discussions over the years as there have been many complex global issues to sort out since its conception. It is quite a unique system of governance which has been gradually improving with better checks and balances. At the end of the day the diplomats and others who work there all want to go home to a nice and safe family life.

I think they are all trying to stop their ships from sinking, and I do wonder how far they'll go to prevent that from happening.. the whole thing feels far to much like the economic, political and militaristic landscapes of the pre second world war era and the shift of from one global standard to another.

I hope tho that this time around they might be able to talk things through and resolve the changes to come without it leading to bloodshed.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I hope tho that this time around they might be able to talk things through and resolve the changes to come without it leading to bloodshed.

All the worlds military have been able to sort out their differences with the START treaty, all the main nations are on board except for China. I think China are waiting for the economics to get sorted out first before jumping in as well. So far it looks like all the hard lessons of the past have sunk in. We ain't out of the woods yet, but a good start has been made.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
It really doesn't matter which currency fails first because it's all going to have a domino effect on the world. Never in history have all the currencies of the world been fiat, which basically means they are all just paper backed by nothing. Every 40 years or so there is a change in the currency and this year makes 40 years since Nixon took the dollar off the gold standard in 1971. At that time the US debt was only 456 billion and as you may know that figure is now over 13 trillion. There are cycles that go from real money to fake money and we are in that transition phase.

Once everything starts to fall people will rush towards gold and silver as a safe haven for their wealth. I personally think silver will be one of the best investments of our time and I only wish I owned more. I also think that this devaluing of our currency is being done purposely for what I am not sure. I can only guess that TPTB have long transitioned their wealth to physically commodities. Look at JP Morgan being the mystery buyer of over 50% of copper in the London exchange reserves.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

These banks control and manipulate markets and obviously they are trying to corner the copper market because there is always going to be a demand for copper. Also JP has confirmed what people have suspected of manipulating silver futures. They have no where near as much silver as they claim to have been shorting. Thus they will need to cover a large amount of missing bullion. So I suspect they will balance the loss by cornering the copper market.

But once all these currencies fail it will be hard times for us, but think of the light at the end of the tunnel. We can actually stop slaving for worthless paper and get back to living our lives! The system is broke and it's just one giant ponzi scheme. Invest in some physical bullion if you want to maintain some wealth.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by stigup
But once all these currencies fail it will be hard times for us, but think of the light at the end of the tunnel. We can actually stop slaving for worthless paper and get back to living our lives! The system is broke and it's just one giant ponzi scheme.

That's some cheer and certainly has a ring of truth with it.

Prince and principalities will come and go, but the land and its resiliant people still remains, as it had for centuries. We this generation may probably suffer much, but once the slate is wiped cleaned, the next generation need not suffer as we did, and if they are allowed to learnt from our mistake, then mankind's evolution is assured.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Their ‘clever’ games didn’t last very long, did they? About 8 years all told – from when the restrictions were lifted on China’s exports to 2008.

China pegging its currency to the dollar was always going to cause the collapse of the US economy simply because the US could never compete on a level playing field (especially when China’s employment conditions and workers’ rights are not at the same level as the US and Europe). I understand that it was envisaged that the restrictions would not be lifted on China until these conditions had been met – especially cutting loose from the dollar.

Its been a great big double whammy tho’. Those OPEC agreements to trade oil in dollars have been giving the US economy a free ride for the past 40 years. Paper money in effect being an IOU – a ‘promise to pay the bearer.’ It has been the need to purchase oil that created a demand for the US dollar. Courtesy of the OPEC agreements every country has hoarded dollars for their oil purchases and the American IOU/dollar was never been presented for fulfilment of that ‘promise to pay’.

Subsequently the US treasury has been able to print more and more paper – the demand never declined even tho’ US manufacturing and trade was itself in decline. Corporations have literally been making a mint via outsourcing while everyone else suffers through the lack of jobs.

As long as OPEC continues to use that dollar the very clever money men will be able to retain a value for the dollar. This is very obviously in China’s interests too – they have more of those IOU’s than anyone else and stand to make the biggest losses if the dollar crashes...thing is their domestic market is growing and they may well be able to absorb it.

Monetary policy is just mince – as is operating a country’s economy on a purely for profit basis. Outsourcing makes commercial sense to the balance sheet – but someone’s got to have the money to buy the cheap products you’re manufacturing. In addition commerce forms the basis of a society’s social structure. So credit is, and has been, made as cheap and as socially acceptable as possible. ‘No money? No Job? No problem!’ Keep buying and our wheel will keep turning – lose that credit rating because of ummmm...reality and the entire global economy caves in.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by stigup

These banks control and manipulate markets

Yes, there has been a conflict of interest there. The reasons behind it are many, growth, greed, incompetence, comprehension, deregulation, globalisation, competition and probably many more. The best way out I can see is for all the books to be open and subject to peer review by professional and student economists, accountants, regulators, interested citizens, other nations, everyone who cares and has an opinion on it. As a planet we need to understand what is going on, where things are at, where the problems are and how to build a fair and sustainable economy that the population of Earth can equally participate in.

I know there will be much resistance to this as money is generally a topic that is not talked about, this is another reason for the imbalance. There are many more ways that this problem could get solved, but I currently see this way as providing the most stable and sustainable solution for our future generations.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by loagun

Originally posted by Nephalim
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

Great, this means we wont have "made in China" all over everything anymore.

Thanks China!

ofcourse you will Nephalim, what? do you think everything you own that says 'made in China' is going to magically change it's stamp to read another country? besides all the Made in China stuff are going to be the last things America could afford so you better cherish it.

I'll be sure to get to HArbor Freight Tools and buy some garbage thats going to break on the ride home.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamanistical

Loving the irony!

All that increased leisure time promised by tech advances didn't mention the growth of tent cities. Still, never mind. No need to check the quality, just measure the width. Even if your home is your vehicle, mobile tech still allows the average bod to vote for their fave dance partner.

Though they are main players, the final death blow (of the American dollar) will not be struck by Soros and his ilk, BRICS, OPEC, the EU or the ANC.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

lol. The dead weight of America? Forget that we buy a lot of their products and have investments in a lot of their businesses. They want to decouple, that's fine. We'll close the factories that our investors own, put millions out of a job, and take them elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Only short term. China went through this period in 1986-1990.. I was there. There is a period where the population will be confused. This is natural.. but as in any 300 million person economy.. the goods will wash back into the stores as production starts again with whatever new currency starts in the US as a replacement. Americans are some of the most innovative in the world! They have been fighting with 2 hands tied behind their backs.

There will be 3 qualifications :
1. The military does not take over, the white hats win and focus on protecting US borders not being the police of the world;
2. The people throw the foreign banks and Fed under the bus..

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus

You do realize China depends far more on America than we do them, correct?

All we expect from them is IMPORTS they rely heavily on their EXPORTS to America to sustain their own economy.

The only reason they rely on us right now is because they have 2.6 trillion $USD in reserve, which they will be selling large amounts of soon when they bail out the euro.

They do not rely on us because we buy things from them. If we don't buy it, another country will. I don't think you are fully grasping that all the US is are consumers. It's easy to be a consumer, anyone can do it. Manufacturing and exporting is what helps economies thrive. The US manufacturing and exporting base is decimated.

China is only worried about keeping the US stable until they can sell off most of our dollars, then they could care less. there will always be plenty other countries to buy from them.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Is china to blame for U.S. money system and the fact that it appears to be flawed and used to steal wealth from anyone who touches it?

Time to call a spade a spade.

Their is no U. S. dollar only a Federal Reserve Note. It never was our money.

They just let us use it for a fee.

The only mind you can change is your own.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Gold is down like crazy due to strengthening US dollar and weakening Euro. There shouldn't be a correlation between commodities and Forex, especially when US dollar is worth rubbish.

China must kill the US dollar now or more investors bleed in pain to death!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
US lawmakers have raised its debt ceiling 10 times over the past 10 years. It's de facto default. US likely to raise it to 15.5 Trillion.

In layman terms, John Doe can't settle his debts .. and imagine the banks allow him deferred settlements for 10 times.

Bogus numbers. Fiat currencies. Frauds. Corruptions. Insanity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join