It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about a little good news?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Judge says cops can't track with GPS
'Unreasonable search' ruling tosses out marijuana evidence

WILMINGTON -- In what may set a Delaware precedent, a Superior Court judge has gutted a criminal case against a Newark man who was pulled over with 10 pounds of marijuana because police used a GPS tracking device without a warrant to follow him for nearly a month.

www.delawareonline.com...

What we all need is a little good news to end the year. Now if we could get more of this for the beginning of 2011.

We need this judge to look over the case against the TSA and it's rape of our rights.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinman67

WILMINGTON -- In what may set a Delaware precedent, a Superior Court judge has gutted a criminal case against a Newark man who was pulled over with 10 pounds of marijuana because police used a GPS tracking device without a warrant to follow him for nearly a month.

What we all need is a little good news to end the year. Now if we could get more of this for the beginning of 2011.

We need this judge to look over the case against the TSA and it's rape of our rights.

Here here!

Golly one day they wills pend so much effort and time to catch real criminals, not just people providing a set consumer base with a demand, that really does no harm to anyone.

One day....

Oh didnt notice the tsa comment before I replied, but meh, I'll leave it at that..
edit on 30/12/2010 by badw0lf because: i grow weary, teary, of the world around me, its so errie, scary, that it almost drowns me...

edit on 30/12/2010 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Perhaps the GPS units should be attached to the police cars, so we can see what they're up to all day??

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Wow it sounds like the US police can't just do what they like with citizens and the law.

Here in the UK the police have a right to pull over any motorist without a reason, and I think they can follow and track anyone without a warrant.

UK police need a warrant to search your property.

Even if the police carry out a search of a person or property without a warrant and they find incriminating evidence during an unwarranted search, that evidence can and will be presented in court to convict you.

I have been a victim of an unwarranted search by police so I am speaking from experience

And yes, I was convicted

edit on 30-12-2010 by doobydoll because: grammar

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Perhaps the GPS units should be attached to the police cars, so we can see what they're up to all day??

They already are in most places, and it allows dispatch to better dispatch resources to calls. The victory at the state level is nothing new. Other states have done this and its gone federal. 1 appeals court in the west said no, and a federal appeals court in the east said yes. So until 1 of those cases is appealed to the USSC we are going to have areas where we can, and areas where we cant do this.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Just curious... would you feel so happy if the cops were able to pull this off without gps, by just using good od fashioned gumshoe techniques? Do you think it's always a good thing when drug dealers beat their case in court? If so, the Mexican drug cartels would love you...

I'm just trying to understand what the good news is..?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

They already are in most places, and it allows dispatch to better dispatch resources to calls. The victory at the state level is nothing new. Other states have done this and its gone federal. 1 appeals court in the west said no, and a federal appeals court in the east said yes. So until 1 of those cases is appealed to the USSC we are going to have areas where we can, and areas where we cant do this.

My department has GPS in our cruisers and our mobile mic(the microphone connected to ICC). Our mobile mic has a panic button as well as our radio incase something happens they can locate us. Also EOC(dispatch) can direct us as needed to cell coordinates.

Secure

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
I'm just trying to understand what the good news is..?

...theres nothing good about a dope dealer getting away with transporting 10 pounds of pot... next it'll be a dealer with much more toxic junk... siding with the dope dealers is always wrong, imo...

...what if the gps had been used to rescue a kidnapped child?... would all the cop haters side with the kidnapper?... probably, unless it was their kid then they'd flipflop in less than a heartbeat...

top topics

join