It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want to hear this! - UFO w/official 911 tapes. Centerville, OH, 2004

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
They all sound like the same person to me, even when the woman came on( reminds me of men who try to do a feminine voice, it has the same rough camp sound).
However I hope it was real because it sounded like a great case.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Damn what a story.
Good read OP, keep up the good work.

Perhaps someone in the area can identify the callers from there address and mayb have a nice conversation about what they really saw.

Gr,

Dun

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Nice story, the people sounded real, most were just worried about the electric so I'd rule the whole thing as non fake.

Sadly the lady in charge of the 911 calls needs to be sacked, she was totally uninterested with the callers which is awful considering a 911 call should be given total attention as someone's life may depend on it. Ok it was just electrical problems BUT it could have been an old lady who's lost her heating etc.

I suggest someone less bored to man the 911 post!
edit on 31-12-2010 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I wonder if there is any relationship to this story from Clyde, Ohio.
Not sure if the cities are near each other or not...
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
A number of posts seem to think that it was the same person who called over and over. Keep in mind that when a person calls 9-1-1 that their address from the call comes up automatically. The operator asks for the address just for verification purposes. I have been past each one of these houses and I assure you, it was not the same caller over and over.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ohiotim2112

Also, if they were the same person, why the assistant had to switch between lines?
edit on 1-1-2011 by Spinotoror because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohiotim2112

The guys I know are rookies so they must tred lightly. They have however heard the story and definitely know about this and have talked to veterans there. Maybe a few beers on my tab will loosen their tounges a bit?

Hi Ohio Tim,

That's going to be a tough call and it might knock you out of the circuit with your military buddies. Wright Patterson Air Force Base has been the site for Reverse Engineering Foreign Technology since WWII and has been the location (namely the notorious Hanger 18) where the Roswell saucer and a number of subsequent disks recovered intact were housed underground in the early fifties until they could be reverse engineered. This makes one wonder, given the proximity of the base only19 miles from Centerville, whether this wasn't simply one of such reverse engineered US Air Force Space Command vessels? If it was one of ours, I doubt your military friends will either know or if they do that they'll dare breathe a word of it. That the Fire Department Lieutenant referred investigators to that base is also a tacit way of saying where the orders to block information release came from.

Getsmart

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Interesting case I'll admit. Another case of many witnesses corroborating the same story. It would be interesting to see some police reports of this or something. I star and flagged this by the way. Not a mind blowing case, but certainly interesting. To those who think it's the same person calling, if 911 is anything like our 999 over here in the UK then you could get in trouble for continuously phoning in, plus, as others have stated, when you call, you're number and some other details appear on the dispatchers screen.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Pretty interesting.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Awesome post, BUT.....and I'm only thinking logically here, I'm assuming only a fraction of panicked people called into 911 to report what they saw. With that being said, I'm also going to assume (since I already did) that twice as many if not three times as many people experienced/viewed and heard the things stated in the 911 recording. Which has brought me to this question, of all the people that experienced this, not 1 photo or personal video? I know it's a tall order, but if I experienced a fraction of what these people are describing....I'm quick to scramble for my camera lol.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
To me it sounds exactly like a malfunctioning transformer. Here is another youtube vid of a transformer going up at night time... Looks very similar to what those witnesses were describing.
www.youtube.com...

You have:
1.) Intermittent interruption of power to street and homes.
2.) Bright lights flashing from white to pinks.
3.) Audible humming.
4.) And then large explosions.

Of course, reports of a strange light over the school is also very bizarre. Could something have first triggered the failure of the transformer, thus creating the fireworks?

I have seen two transformers go. One was outside my window and the explosion shook the house and windows... and threw shrapnel all across our yard. Another time I saw one of these arching in daylight, which was impressive.

edit on 3-1-2011 by wonderboy2402 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I have lived in Centerville for 15 years and have never heard of this incident. However, after reading your posts I was intrigued. Especially when I saw the date of 3/2004. It was only a few months later that the huge crop circle appeared in Miamisburg.

See link. www.iccra.org...

After reading about it in Dayton Daily News I actually went out and walked it. I find it hard to believe it was man-made.

I checked the Mufon database an only 12 sighting were reported for Ohio 2004. Not what I would call a "wave" or "flap", but still.

Keep beating up those Centerville officials. For the high taxes we pay they should be an open book.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This is a very fascinating case. I'm surprised I haven't heard of this before. It deserves a comprehensive investigation. The Fire chief referring reporters to the air base is especially intriguing. The descriptions of a humming sound in conjunction with a UFO are like those in other cases. Some kind of high-voltage propulsion system?

I do find some of the criticisms of the 911 operator to be misplaced. She was handling several calls simultaneously. Her job is to dispatch help where needed, not to coddle someone or feign interest as one would with a child. Also, there is the concern that an actual emergency is being blocked by the wave of calls that are about the same thing. She did as she was trained to do.
edit on 1/6/2011 by Rotoplooker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Great story I believe the incident was a true event. But I cannot believe (sarcastically) that all these people called into 911 and no-one had pictures or video. Just about every cell phone these days has at least a camera and most do movies as well. Where are peoples heads?

You know, there are traffic cameras which record at various street lights. There are also camera at businesses and gas stations. Did anyone look into trying to find out if there is a city camera with a decent angle?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I know this is a bit far fetched, but if UFO's capture their energy from power lines/grids then wouldnt they thrive on something like the Tesla coil. Seems how we can come so far in technology in such a short space of time is weird to say the least. Maybe they were giving us a helping hand discretely, and the tesla coil was something that would help them travel around... Just a crazy idea, but many crazy things do indeed come true...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingkool
I have lived in Centerville for 15 years and have never heard of this incident.

I was impressed by how many calls this one 911 operator had received about this phenomena (according to the YouTube recording). How many people live in Centerville? How many people in total called in?

Originally posted by kingkool
I checked the Mufon database an only 12 sighting were reported for Ohio 2004. Not what I would call a "wave" or "flap", but still.

Why is it that relatively few UFO sightings had been received for this area, and were reported to UFO agencies, relating to that night?

I don't know how large the population is in Centerville, but wouldn't this many bugged-out people have resulted in a MUFON investigation? Hell, I would have made a bigger deal about this. Instead, I get absolutely no indications of real investigation in Google's page 1 results when searching for "March 6 2004 UFO". Why?

www.google.com...

My attempt to figure out how many people called in about this thing resulted me being curious as to how many people 911 Centerville might employ on any given night, esp. on the night during in the phenomena in question.

To answer my question I happened upon 911 Dispatch Magazine. Here's what they say:

"The most common question among comm center administrators is, "How many dispatchers do I need?" This question focuses on the tasks, number of consoles and other issues, and cannot be condensed to a single math formula. One would have to perform a time study of the work now being performed at your center, determine the workload for each hour of the day, and consider the agency's performance goals (answer all calls within 10 seconds, etc.) in order to determined how many dispatchers to staff on each shift.

However, in many cases, the number of required personnel can be figured pretty simply from the required tasks of an ordinary time period, for an ordinary day:

• you have two radio channels that need constant and individual attention (2 persons)
• you have a warrant/teletype position that handles field requests via radio, enters stolen vehicles, etc. (1 person)
• you have six in-coming 911 lines and 8 administrative lines, have an automated attendent that filters out most administrative calls, and you want to be able to handle 3 simultaneously 911 calls (3 persons)

www.911dispatch.com...

So that's a lot of people on staff, but most importantly, according to this source, any locality will want to have enough incoming 911 operators to handle 3 simultaneous 911 calls at any given time. Which means it's likely that A LOT OF PEOPLE called in about this thing ("A lot" x 3).

That seems like the amount of alarmed 911 calls tallied to these operators may rival (or even exceed) the number of initial UFO reports made during the Phoenix Lights incident.

So why wasn't this bigger news?

My assumption: this many livid witnesses would have resulted in more reported UFO activity than what surfaces (on the internet) right now.

I am not trying to sow the seeds of doubt. I just want to figure out where the bottleneck in the information lies, and if this problem might be indications of a 'red flag'.

Conspiracy of silence?

Or evidence of a possible hoax?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spirit Warrior 11:11
Great story I believe the incident was a true event. But I cannot believe (sarcastically) that all these people called into 911 and no-one had pictures or video. Just about every cell phone these days has at least a camera and most do movies as well. Where are peoples heads?

You know, there are traffic cameras which record at various street lights. There are also camera at businesses and gas stations. Did anyone look into trying to find out if there is a city camera with a decent angle?

Yes, but this was 2004. The camera option on phones wasn't as big back then. There are cameras in the city now but I do not believe they were there then.

This also happened at 5:30am. Not a lot going on at that time...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join