It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your thoughts and ideas are not your own, nor are they original

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

Tesla was fed the ball so to speak. He had very detail oriented dreams (bordering on hallucinations during waking hours) that led directly to his discoveries.

To dream

We've forgotten that.

But even dreams are mostly creations based upon our reality while we are awake.
edit on 29-12-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

Exactly! anything innovative is only got from something else they have seen before and taken it further!

A progression of thought.

Isn't that what science was supposed to be?

Instead modern day science seems more like propaganda with both sides pushing thier agenda to see how much money they can make or how many new supporters they can convince to join them. (Sigh - I guess everything is kinda like that, and probably always has been that way)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I promise you SOME of my thoughts are original. What about intimate thoughts about a specific person. What about things that nobody else knows about.

I agree that most thoughts are not original, but why should I reconsider them based on that?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josonic
I promise you SOME of my thoughts are original. What about intimate thoughts about a specific person. What about things that nobody else knows about.

I agree that most thoughts are not original, but why should I reconsider them based on that?

assuming your partner is female, there is not a single intimate thought that you have had about her that I have not had about my wife.

There is only so much dirtiness than you can pull off in the sack. After 16 years of marriage....

Your thoughts are certainly orgininal insofar as you relate item a with item b. But neither item a or item b are original. It requires years of experiences, shared amongst all that you have ever had any interaction with, to come to that moment with that thought.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

I suspect that until intellectual property is abolished, true human progress will continue to be stifled by the chains of perceived individual profit.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infernalis

I suspect that until intellectual property is abolished, true human progress will continue to be stifled by the chains of perceived individual profit.

We're done advancing as a species then.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by Josonic

assuming your partner is female, there is not a single intimate thought that you have had about her that I have not had about my wife.

There is only so much dirtiness than you can pull off in the sack. After 16 years of marriage....

Your thoughts are certainly orgininal insofar as you relate item a with item b. But neither item a or item b are original. It requires years of experiences, shared amongst all that you have ever had any interaction with, to come to that moment with that thought.

Yes there is indeed a good possibility of that, my point is that I've thought of things about my partner that nobody else has thought about my partner

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Then either are yours..

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nebulous73

Then either are yours..

If you can keep up with me then you can copy whatever I produce.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
i am sure i am able to think of things that no other person does, but i do understand that i wear certain clothes and eat certain things because of the culture around me. i could not eat a rat but some cultures can and you certainly wont see me chomping on one of those weird chicken egg embryo things that they love in south east asia.
i know i dont think like the news corporations want me to think but i am not sure if i think in a way that books have made me think. its very hard to grasp really but then i know that i have been atheist since childhood but have a protestant family and this makes me think that i might be less naive than others but i would hope so as i have a high iq, unfortunatly though i suffer from medical problems so i cant get a good job or finish a college course and i am slightly bitter about this so that is something that has been put in my mindset by a situation.

i do think that your upbringing and life events shape your train of thought but i would also think that if there where 2 of me and we lived in seperate identical boxes for our first 10 years with just a dvd on learning to speak and the same meals every day, i think we would say different things and think different thoughts at different times.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

To expand on what one poster was talking about, a and b, for example, are not original, but were at one time. After a time period, a & b become nonoriginal. Then, after another time period, a & b are linked. Now that link was original. After time goes on it's not original anymore yet different way of linking a with b become originial. Once all the different ways of linking a with b are thought of and experienced for a time period by the masses, then SOMETHING comes along and creates a new, and original, way. Maybe what we are waiting for in 2012 is something original, or nonoriginal, to occur in our minds, but we are so divided we can't agree on what it will be, or what is coming, or who, and some think nothing will. But, I think that this is the time, where the possibility lies open for something BIG and AWESOME to occur to the human species.

Wanted to add that if no thought is original then perhaps plagerism should be thrown out the window.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
At each level of existence, there is a base amount of complexity and extensions from this part of the fractal, so to are thoughts. They are a natural extension of the fractal into the future. Just as the same elements combine in various ways to create all the different variations in matter we experience, so too can we combine the same basic ways of perceiving reality into all the different variations in mind that we call ideas.

The average mind doesn't create too far outside of convention patterns of addition and substitution, but the great mind creates a synthesis of the past (instinct) with the future (intuition) in the present. This is where you get original thought. It's an ever evolving cosmos, and we're part of it. What is original is just the freshest waves reaching the consciousness of humanity.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Sorry but I can’t agree I will not agree and I encourage those who do to really think about this concept.

Why?

Because we ARE UNIQUE.

The growing trend of ‘UNI - Everything’ is appalling.

One sex, one religion, one concept, one thought.

And you want to know WHY this concept (turd that it is) is becoming so popular and being forcefed to us through media at every turn?

Because TPTB - They CAN’T FIGHT our uniqueness. They can’t fight and subdue original thought and original thinking, and self thing, self knowledge!

But they can fight us once they have as all battened down into one little ‘UNI’ box.
Just look out your window or at the idiot box you’re so tuned into!

Look at the ‘suits’! Just look at them! Men so caught up in fear they’re trapped in NWO skin!
Look at the ‘soccer moms’!
Look at the kids!
Everyone so freaking scared of being original and walking, talking, eating, being, dressing, original we’re turning into a bunch of cookie-cutter robots!

And all because that’s what ‘they’ want - cause ‘they’ can’t fight us any other way.

Like I’ve said before and will keep saying:

- Explore your true culture and revel in it! Don’t allow yourself or your children to become ‘Westernized’ just so you fit in with Paris Hilton!

- Explore your belief system and support it with all your heart!

- BE who you ARE, and be happy in who you are! Do NOT try to change yourself to fit in everyone else's mold!

In other words, don’t fall into the NWO (crap) TRAP of nothing is new, no one is unique, there’s nothing left in the world but what they (TPTB) serve up to you as fodder.

Each and every person who doesn’t fall for being sucked in to being and doing and thinking just like everyone else?
Is one more nail in the coffin of the NWO!

There's nothing new under the sun? Oh yes there is! Search for it! Find it! BE IT!

Remember people! The people who share the same hilosophy as the OP? The one who's avatar is 'in NOTHING we trust' and spouting 'WAR only WAR'?

He and the ones before him are the ones that insisted the world was flat - because it would slip from their control if it were any other way.

Wake up People and don't get sucked into the BS!

peace
edit on 29-12-2010 by silo13 because: bbc

Right on, sooo true.

Your are right in saying we are all UNIque, because none of us are or will ever be the same....when one says we are all ONE...we are that as well...but the misundestanding comes in when society tries to convince us that we can only be "one" if we are of the hive mentality. How boring would that be?

The trick is to be an individual and still be who you are realizing that each of us are connected to one another in such a way that we can be the same in some things and different in others.

As for original ideas not being fully original, isn't it possible that thoughts and ideas are free flowing like all things in nature? Those of us that are able to catch those thoughts and ideas and are able to make them work for us...are "original" thinkers...in other words that particular thought or idea was there already waiting for just the right receiver?

Another label given this concept could be the Law Of Attraction.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

The idea that people don't have original thoughts or ideas is totally ridiculous. I mean sure, there are 6 billion people on the planet. And there used to be ZERO. So surely the first man on the planet had a hell of a lot of brand new ideas that nobody had ever had before in his head. In fact, they were all new. Obviously over time it gets more difficult but to suggest it can't be done is ridiculous.

The proof is simple. We are not flying Chicago to St Louis in flying cars, or teleporting to Mars for our daily commute. And where is my 3D printer that prints out all of the parts I need for a good dinner table setting? They are not there because as of now nobody has in their own head ALL of the ideas together required to make such a thing happen. And the first time it happens it will be an original thought. We are on the beginning journey for humankind invention and what dictates its speed is simply the speed of original human thoughts required to get there.

But there is more proof. For any given thing that has ever happened to me, it was conceivable that I could have imagined it happening. In fact, there are a number of things that have happened to ME IN SPECIFIC that I imagined would happen. Did you imagine ME starting a business related to silver? No. Nobody else imagined me starting a silver business. Only I did. And now I'm making it happen. So while other people have imagined them self starting a silver business they never imagined me doing it. When I had that thought it was original and never happened previously in my mind or any other mind.

Your idea is essentially that everything that could ever happen has already happened. Well if you think that is possible I suppose you also think its possible to count to infinity. Its not possible to count to infinity and therefore its not possible to think of all possible ideas which are unlimited in number.

Edit: here is an original thought for you to figure out:
jh=zjndfosdner4o0kfrnheojsls5re**esr-/4tr4i990*I&^%'..8jnd@#???lliflwusewlu123zulualffoi??/*/-=wefpaaerisgjwergifjawefjnewa;jzxtireaweoervioeardrtlikj eronew;ozesjfre|||][>

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

how can you think on the cosmic scale without first comprehending the 'cosmos'...

when you consider that there is a star (VY Canis Majoris) out there so large it could fit 1800 of our suns (sol) into it,
or that the universe is infinately expanding...

well nothing in our lives/world is that big, nothing 'we' know about last forever either...
so how can you ('we') comprehend the ineffable?

-B.M

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I agree with this wholeheartedly.

I've said the same thing about being funny. You don't have to be original, you merely have to recall the right (and, pertinent) information at the right time and provide the best delivery (timing).

Cool idea.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
I agree with this wholeheartedly.

I've said the same thing about being funny. You don't have to be original, you merely have to recall the right (and, pertinent) information at the right time and provide the best delivery (timing).

Cool idea.

Yes, I'm quoting myself...

Then again.... originality has to come from somewhere - if no one came up with original ideas - or, augmented them with additional detail - we'd all still think fire and the wheel were the coolest things, ever!

I love playing DA!

edit on 12/29/2010 by SquirrelNutz because: Spelling is a motor #er wen you're at the airport bar waiting on a flight to Vegas

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

If you are interested in that, you might also find memetics to be interesting. The word "meme" has been bastardized by internet users. Look into memetics.

Now that is fascinating.

A thought that is capable of self-replication by transfering itself from one person to another.

We're all like the borg.

Memetics is a theory of mental content ... It purports to be an approach to evolutionary models of cultural information transfer.

A meme, analogous to a gene, is essentially a "unit of culture"—an idea, belief, pattern of behaviour, etc. which is "hosted" in one or more individual minds, and which can reproduce itself from mind to mind.

Thus what would otherwise be regarded as one individual influencing another to adopt a belief is seen memetically as a meme reproducing itself.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

If you are interested in that, you might also find memetics to be interesting. The word "meme" has been bastardized by internet users. Look into memetics.

Now that is fascinating.

A thought that is capable of self-replication by transfering itself from one person to another.

We're all like the borg.

Memetics is a theory of mental content ... It purports to be an approach to evolutionary models of cultural information transfer.

A meme, analogous to a gene, is essentially a "unit of culture"—an idea, belief, pattern of behaviour, etc. which is "hosted" in one or more individual minds, and which can reproduce itself from mind to mind.

Thus what would otherwise be regarded as one individual influencing another to adopt a belief is seen memetically as a meme reproducing itself.

en.wikipedia.org...

Hmmmm

Gk némesis vrs Gk mnḗmē

Mneme (Classical Mythology - Definition) - Remember
Origin: 1910–15; < Gk mnḗmē memory; see mnemonic

dictionary.reference.com...

Hmmmm???

mne·me - (definition) - the persistent or recurrent effect of past experience of the individual or of the race

Nemesis correlation?

Origin: < L < Gk némesis lit., a dealing out, verbid of némein to dispense

In Greek mythology, Nemesis (Greek, Νέμεσις), was the spirit of divine retribution against those who succumb to hubris (arrogance before the gods).

Nemesis Mythology

Nemesis is a hypothetical hard-to-see red dwarf star or brown dwarf, orbiting the Sun at a distance of about 50,000 to 100,000 AU (about 0.8-1.5 light-years), somewhat beyond the Oort cloud.[1] This star was originally postulated to exist as part of a hypothesis to explain a perceived cycle of mass extinctions in the geological record, which seem to occur once every 27 million years or so.

Nemesis Star

edit on 30-12-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

we are all connected to each other, all the people good or evil who have souls talk to each other, but sometimes some static is introduced in this connection and than this happens:
Another ELF Electromagnetic Waves Mind Control Victim: An insight into Clay Duke Panama Shootings.,

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join