It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defence against the psychopath

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
There is no defence against the crazy people in police and gov which are mainly all psycho types. I have spent 18.5 years trying just to stay alive while the garbage in uk gov and police make up all these crazy scernaios so they can wreck my life and without me ever doing anything ever.

Looney toons only join the police and if they target you on made up rubbish they will plan to murder you for restof your life fact as my life has shown.

There is no defence against crazies that join these groups.

Just imagine how many gov and police go to the pub at the weekend planning murder campaigns against innocent people who have done nothing but upset there crazy minds in some form.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Psychology has always been one of my favorite subjects. This video is not bad, I think more than informative it is a good way to get people more interested in the subject and do some research. It has enough short clips, pictures and change to keep a dulled down idiot watching, great idea

edit on Sat, 08 Jan 2011 06:02:03 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
reply to post by unityemissions

A psychopath tries to reach the top of the food-chain, so that his "genes" are primary for a certain community, whereas "morality" aims to keep individual human beings on the same level of the food-chain, so yes, it does allow the entire human race as a whole to function on the same level, but morality is not a universal concepts.

There are certain instincts such as parent-bonding and family groups in the human race, but animals themselves have similar things. It seems to me that everyone is selfish (a psychopathic trait) as I have stated before, even the "moral" individuals.

A person helps someone else because it makes THEMSELF feel better. A person is nice to someone else, because it makes THEMSELF feel better at receiving niceties back, or even a pedestal-position when the person is not nice back "bastard, I was nice to him". People are nice to others due to the assumption that they would receive the same thing back. Those that commit seemingly purely "Selfless" acts do so only to allow their will be done, even in death. Another selfish act. Morality itself serves as a conceptual medium for ego-masturbation.

In a religious sense, individuals are nice to others simply because they expect that what they are doing is what their God/Gods demanded of them, in turn, they expect a reward.

By spiritual assumptions I meant religious beliefs and spirituality in general. These two things tend to have codes that dictate "moral" behaviour. I call them assumptions as they are not founded in science. I mean no disrespect with this.

I am also a fan of social determinism and "The Selfish Gene" theory and cannot argue against those points you raised.

However, I was discussing this with my wife the other day when I had to admit that I have no idea how a 'normal' human being would naturally function.

For example, if you took some tropical fish from the ocean and put them into a fish tank and observed them for as long as you like you could never understand what their normal behavior would be. Obviously they are no longer in their natural environment.

I feel that the human race has been so completely altered by being in the unnatural environment created over the past five or more thousand years by the psychopaths that created our religions and governments, that no one knows what we are naturally capable of.

All that we can say is that after five thousand years of being subjected to the manipulations of psychopaths, that most people are selfish pricks.

Likewise, if I were to take a pack of dogs, and abuse them, and drive them insane and teach them to kill, then the result would be a pack of vicious dogs. And a person who never met a family dog but only the dogs I raised would conclude that all dogs are vicious animals.

So I say I have no idea of the true nature of human beings.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I often see you type things like this, I have a question for you. Why you, what makes you so important to single out, and torment for years and years, by so many people in a grand conspiracy? Sorry, I should have left that one alone, it was offtopic of me.

edit on Sat, 08 Jan 2011 06:25:09 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I do not know, i stumbled on the fact that they used electronic mind control weapons at school on kids. My life has been ruined ever since, not one crime, and i have to put up with people following me to every job i ever went too, and they see it as fun, wrecking lifes. Amazing the police must be done the put planning with there friends who they will target, and i assume they get most targets, as they really destroy peoples lifes on purpose and they could not stand it i have never done anything ever.

Police and gov in uk will wreck your life and bring in the people they used to wreck your life in to see you at home, and they will laugh in your face for what they have done to wreck your life.

Amazing that i am on the same planet as this scum, but its 18.5 years and counting, by the psychos of uk gov and police.

My advice to any of you, just never bother with anyone as you may find they are absolutely looney and pschopaths absolutely with friends in police and gov that love the fact they can destroy any human.

They care not also in uk about harming kids in families they target, so just shows you, i am glad i will never bring anyone into this world, but if i had they would of been targeted. Imagine thats what the uk gov does, and loves it, they will target little kids. Pschopaths or what, and they will laugh about it down there pubs at weekend.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

I ask you this, why has this feeling evolved within our species? Why does it exist in such high prevalence? It has evolved. The feeling has grown over the ages, obviously. Why? Because it benefits our species. It's not selfish towards the individual, it's selfish towards our species.
edit on 24-12-2010 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

In coming to understand the problem I asked the same question. If psychopathy were the best survival strategy why don't we all go out at night and slit our neighbor's throats while they were sleeping? Why would anyone even bother giving lip service to such ideas about morality?

I suspect that empathy is the next step in evolutionary development.

We know that birds evolved from dinosaurs. At some point there must have been dinosaurs that had feathers but couldn't fly. I'm sure the featherless dinosaurs made fun of the feathered types. No doubt there was talk about how impractical all that feather business was and that they should just go out and eat something.

But as we see, the birds are here and the dinosaurs are not.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Shut off video.

I'd say the information is terrible and all the allusions with pictures of devils and famous political figures kind of ruin it.

I shut it off after the funeral example.

Just terrible.

The pictures of devils are from David Dees political satire illustrations. See his excellent works here:www.dees2.com...

The famous political figures are just some of the psychopaths we all recognize. I could have used pictures of psychopaths I knew personally but it wouldn't mean anything to anyone else now would it?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Probably the best video currently available on the subject!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sverstappen

99% of people would never know what empathy means, and would laugh at the idea. If you remember that movie about that bloke who could feel animals and pick up electricity, now that is what would show humans trash what really is happening, but humans have no comprehension about anything other than there genitals, and how to get them fondled.

The film Powder is what humans will never understand. Go and get your genitals fondled psychpaths.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
My daughter is married to a psychopath - they are separated but he comes around once in a while. She said he came by last night and just out of no where bloodied her face. He was talking nasty to her daughter and groped her daughters breast. She is afraid of him and changed the locks on her door but he is a con (there is a rumor that he killed someone in his lifetime - his own daughter said this in front of everyone 2 years ago). I fear for her life as I live in another state - if I hear of this again I am going to call law enforcement in her state and have them look into matters. He has this way of coming on really nice at first and complimenting everyone and then out of no where just gets crazy. I took care of this jerk for a year when he was recovering from Cancer and had a stem cell transplant. He was fine with me until he got well and then he started in on me. I moved and warned the family to be careful around him.

If you know of someone thats like this please take care - very dangerous!

Yes most psychopaths can charm just about everyone when they want to, including law enforcement

Unfortunately calling the police will likely do no good. Please send your daughter the link to the video, it's a start.
Then get her a copy of my book (Shameless plug) The Art of Urban Survival.

In addition to the info on psychopaths presented in the video, It also has a chapters on dealing with stalkers, home invasion, self defense, the use of weapons and much more. The only thing you can do is make sure she has all the knowledge and tools needed to deal with him on her own.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by pa.Frost
After watching this video twice, I honestly believe now is our time.

I constantly call them psychophants instead of sociopaths but this is what we live with.

Yes they are psychotic and they must be stopped before we are all in body bags.

It is quite sickening how they can even kill us yet convince the brainwashed to even BOTHER to put us in bodybags to haul off. I haven't asked questions alot, but I have one now...

Who is with me and OP?
The people of Iran, China, USA, France, Russia, Columbia, Guatemala, Brazil, Phillipenes, Japan, England, Bahamas, and Sudan.

Let us fight off this alien attack. I love this video.

Let true humans rise please...

...please

(sī-kŏ-fənt)

1. (n.) One who attempts to curry favor by flattering influential people, but does so to a psychotic, often violent degree.
edit on 12/25/2010 by pa.Frost because: In 3rd line the first they I mispelled it as "the" instead of "they."

Thank you I'm so glad you 'got' my little vid. For another interesting take on the situation allow me to recommend this website: ponerology.com...

Time to lay siege to Mordor.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by above
The beginning worried me, since i identified with some of the aspects mentioned, but a bit relief was brought by mentioning not psychopaths may well display one or many of the mentioned aspects

In general that was a good clip, but i don't think it stresses enough the fact that psychopathy really is defined by the lack of human aspect in a person, which can manifest itself in many ways as explained thoroughly in the video.

I also saw many psychopathic traits in myself. For example, I am vain and will not allow anyone to take pictures of me lest I look old or fat in them. (narcissistic) Yet despite my size, strength, and fighting skills, I have never been able to hurt or cause suffering to anyone else. Even when I caught a junkie stealing my bicycle red handed, and threatened to give him a good thrashing, I knew I wouldn't. Even in my anger I felt compassion for the man whose life was so miserable he was reduced to stealing bicycles.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sverstappen

Because our survival doesn't depend on it. We have had generations of living pretty easy "civilized" lives. This example, I grew up in the country, I grew up fishing and hunting etc. I think nothing of putting a bullet in an animal, if it is still alive cutting the throat, then gutting it. If it is a big animal, hanging it in a tree to get a quad or snowmobile, if it is say a small deer, throwing it over my shoulder and carrying it home. I remember the first time I took my friend deer hunting, when I cleared the innards he turned green and ran to a bush to throw up. He came from a more urban area, and is not used to seeing how the meat gets to his table. The look of horror on his face when I picked the animal up and put it on my shoulder was priceless.

I don't think morals are anything you are born with, I think they are taught. If you are a born viking, and was taught to fight, kill and pillage since you could walk, you would fight, kill and pillage as naturally as eating. If you wonder why so many people that are born into elite rich families all seem to be psychopaths, it is because they grew up that way. They grow up seeing their parents treating "the help" as second class citizens, and treating the other elite a certain way. It is normal to them, thinking of people that don't share their stature as below them. The true psycopaths are the ones that grew up in a "normal" home, yet despite all the morals and such that their parents tried to instill in them, nothing stuck. They pretended to understand and agree, because they understood they must or become labeled as evil before they can take care of themself. I hope that makes sense, that is my current theory on it.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by the.lights
I wanted to reply to this thread sooner as it is one of the better threads on ATS right now. I've starred and flagged it.

Now, the argument is quite simple. A psychopath can be a mass murdering serial killer hunted down and exposed for his terrible crimes against innocent human beings. A psychopath can also be the leader of a nation that takes it to war leaving behind him in his wake a terrible destruction costing the lives of tens of thousands. Mostl likely, if seen to be on the 'winning' side, this psychopath will get away with his crime.

However you look at it, the psychopath will lie, cheat, distort and manipulate his or her way at every turn and cares NOTHING for others.

We, as a society, go after paedophiles, criminals, murderers and so on, all of whom exhibit the traits of psychopathology. Yet we do nothing to prevent these same people rising to positions of power within organisations, companies, the legal system, the military, and government. It is quite simple. Pass a law to ensure that all those seeking positions of power are subject to a test to determine psychopathology. If they are found to be a psychopath, then they should be disbarred.

Until we as a species deal with the enemy among us, we are doomed to the fate that has befallen us time and again through history.

I have been victim several times in my life to psychopathic individuals so I know them well. They are the real and most present danger I believe threatening us above all others. Our enemy lies amongst us and is truly staring us in the face.

I couldn't agree more!

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Good information mixed with significant biases. I wonder if people recognize the manipulative psychopathology of the video itself.

It has more fnords than a subgenius / Eris tract.

Ha ! you found me out! I am deliberately using a little bit of manipulation in the video. A bit of counter propaganda.

For years we have been bombarded with news clips and stories about obviously psychopathic people spoken of with reverence and hushed tones of respect. The fact is many of our society's leaders are vicious despicable monsters, not 'great' leaders, or 'holy' men. I wanted to break with tradition of showing serial killers as the typical example of psychopathy and replace their images with images of different types of psychopaths, that many people in fact admire.

I however took great care to include as many clips as possible from the full spectrum of political and religious beliefs. On other threads I was surprised to see that republicans thought it was about democrats and vice versa.

There is no political or religious bias intended (though I do suspect Ron Paul is a decent man.)

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
... it is a good way to get people more interested in the subject and do some research. It has enough short clips, pictures and change to keep a dulled down idiot watching, great idea

edit on Sat, 08 Jan 2011 06:02:03 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

That's all I hoped for.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

99% of people would never know what empathy means, and would laugh at the idea. If you remember that movie about that bloke who could feel animals and pick up electricity, now that is what would show humans trash what really is happening, but humans have no comprehension about anything other than there genitals, and how to get them fondled.

The film Powder is what humans will never understand. Go and get your genitals fondled psychpaths.

I still want to give most of humanity the benefit of a (very large) doubt. Perhaps only a few people really do experience empathy, (I am toying with the idea that empathy might just be a mutation)

I will have to watch that film now.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by sverstappen

Because our survival doesn't depend on it. We have had generations of living pretty easy "civilized" lives. This example, I grew up in the country, I grew up fishing and hunting etc. I think nothing of putting a bullet in an animal, if it is still alive cutting the throat, then gutting it. If it is a big animal, hanging it in a tree to get a quad or snowmobile, if it is say a small deer, throwing it over my shoulder and carrying it home. I remember the first time I took my friend deer hunting, when I cleared the innards he turned green and ran to a bush to throw up. He came from a more urban area, and is not used to seeing how the meat gets to his table. The look of horror on his face when I picked the animal up and put it on my shoulder was priceless.

I don't think morals are anything you are born with, I think they are taught. If you are a born viking, and was taught to fight, kill and pillage since you could walk, you would fight, kill and pillage as naturally as eating. If you wonder why so many people that are born into elite rich families all seem to be psychopaths, it is because they grew up that way. They grow up seeing their parents treating "the help" as second class citizens, and treating the other elite a certain way. It is normal to them, thinking of people that don't share their stature as below them. The true psycopaths are the ones that grew up in a "normal" home, yet despite all the morals and such that their parents tried to instill in them, nothing stuck. They pretended to understand and agree, because they understood they must or become labeled as evil before they can take care of themself. I hope that makes sense, that is my current theory on it.

Yes I understand and can agree with much that you've written. It is the old nature vs nurture argument. I think the example you cited can be explained by the theory of secondary psychopaths. The children of psychopathic elites would have to assume the same values they were raised in, thus becoming secondary psychopaths. But the true psychopath is definitely born with the trait.

Regarding your country experience I understand as well.

I am a city slicker who went through a lot of outdoor survival training and so have bridged the gap so to speak.

My Kung Fu Brother was a real mountain man and he even fought roosters in illegal cock fights. All my city friends were horrified by this but I actually found nothing wrong with the practice (completely different from dog fights)

Personally I do not enjoy, nor would I be a part of such activities, but to condemn it as unusual cruelty is incorrect. Those fighting chickens had a mostly pampered and good life compared to the wretched creatures that become everyone's chicken mcnuggets. At least those roosters had a chance at fighting for their lives unlike the tortured and mutilated chickens that we all eat. And while I would not kill a deer for sport, compared to industrial farms (I worked on a farm) the cruelty of industrial farms so far exceeds the quick death of shooting a buck that the two cannot be compared.

Fact is we live in a cruel world. I tell everyone mother nature is a bitch. There is scarcely a creature born on this planet that doesn't come armed with teeth, fangs, claws, pincers, poisons, stingers, barbs, horns and even biological and electrical weapons. If that doesn't tell you that life on this world is battle then I can't help them.

We need to differentiate the necessary violence involved in survival with the completely unnecessary violence done not in the name of basic survival, but from the pleasure some derive from cruelty itself.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Good information mixed with significant biases. I wonder if people recognize the manipulative psychopathology of the video itself.

It has more fnords than a subgenius / Eris tract.

Ha ! you found me out! I am deliberately using a little bit of manipulation in the video. A bit of counter propaganda.

For years we have been bombarded with news clips and stories about obviously psychopathic people spoken of with reverence and hushed tones of respect. The fact is many of our society's leaders are vicious despicable monsters, not 'great' leaders, or 'holy' men. I wanted to break with tradition of showing serial killers as the typical example of psychopathy and replace their images with images of different types of psychopaths, that many people in fact admire.

I however took great care to include as many clips as possible from the full spectrum of political and religious beliefs. On other threads I was surprised to see that republicans thought it was about democrats and vice versa.

There is no political or religious bias intended (though I do suspect Ron Paul is a decent man.)

From the West. The full spectrum from Western cultures, or first world cultures.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Oh I hadn't thought of that. Yes you're right.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join