It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't...

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Gay or not they are still Human they are still excatly the same as us in every single way they just have different sexual views, Some straight guys like big women some like small women black white asian, there are numerous sexual views all around the world, if they are of legal age and they have consent let them do what they wont.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
[I]reply to post by EnvyMe

I like lesbians and for some reason have always had a fetish for midgets.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

If a person is gay..........thats their life. However forcing the gay agenda upon everyone is not their right. I don't like Christian proselytizing and find it rather insulting as well, however both groups do the same thing without respect of each others thoughts or beliefs.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

One can choose to be religious or not. One simply is gay or is not. If you cannot see the distinct difference between the two, and the fact that one's sexuality should have no bearing on one's civil rights, then there is no reasoning with you on any subject, let alone this one...

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

You can choose to be religious or not, you can choose to preach or not. You cannot choose to be gay or not, but you can choose not to makeout in public or not. You can choose to throw it in people's face or not. That is what a lot of people I know get annoyed at, the in your face, shockjock type behavior some gay people do. Being gay doesn't bother me, making out with a dude in front of me does make me uncomfortable. I have the common decency not to make out in or be all over anyone in public, I wish other people could do the same.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This in your face gay whining is annoying.

Straights do in your face stuff all the time - - - no one cares or notices - - - because they accept it and are used to seeing it.

I am so sick of the lame excuses.
edit on 26-12-2010 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

You can't actually disagree so you insult people, how typical. Both sides want the other to give up their thoughts and beliefs.........yet only the homosexual side has any legal recourse. Every pro gay agenda thread on here is the same, maybe try a new tactic.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The in your face straight people annoy me as well. No one wants to see you stick your tongue down someone elses throat in public and groap each other, it is disgusting. People need to keep what they do with others in the privacy of the home, is that really too much to ask?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
If you took a group of children removed ALL sexual orientation from birth to say age 16

No sexual training or telling the them anything sexual is taboo.
Both sexes raised together no separation of bathrooms,bathing together, both sexes dressed the same, mixed nudity ECT ECT

In the end you would have about the same amount straight as gay but most would be bi sexual.

Sexual orientation is a form of brainwashing its been done for 1000s of years and is based on religion and upbringing.

Remove the religion and upbringing and you would find a complete change in the sexual orientation of most.

Being Gay or Bi is where brain washing did not take.

NOW SHOW PROOF my THEORY is WRONG.

My guess is all your PROOF will show is that the brainwashing is real.

Sums up my thoughts exactly... Just look at the Kinsey-Scale, get your education people. This subject has already been explained in a scientific way.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Annee

The in your face straight people annoy me as well. No one wants to see you stick your tongue down someone elses throat in public and groap each other, it is disgusting. People need to keep what they do with others in the privacy of the home, is that really too much to ask?

What? Once a year gays have a parade? The media focuses on the outrages and extreme - - just like they do Mardi Gras.

In gay parades you also have families - support groups - regular entertainers - etc - - - none of this is ever shown by the media. Usually there is a festival of some sorts also - - with bands - - and booths - - both game and information booths.

You are buying in to the media hype of "in your face".

You probably associate and encounter gays every day - - and don't even know who they are. Because only a percentage of gays are stereotypical - - or have strong feminine traits.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Sums up my thoughts exactly... Just look at the Kinsey-Scale, get your education people. This subject has already been explained in a scientific way.

I agree with natural sexual attraction behavior and that most humans fall somewhere near the middle of the scale.

But I also believe there are those more toward each end of the scale that would be less inclined to be bi.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I am not buying into any hype, I am speaking of personal experience, of gay people that I know... My uncle(not really my uncle, my father's cousin, but might as well be my uncle) is gay, he is cool, he does not act out for shock factor, he just seems like a normal guy. Some of the other gay people I know remind me of howard stern, they grab people's asses that they know are straight, "for a joke". They will surprise straight people by either ranomly kissing each other, or surprise kissing people at random. Even my uncle agrees that these people are annoying and a pain in the ass sometimes. I know straight people that act similar as well, and I call them on it too. You like women, great, that doesn't mean you need to throw it in everyone's face, commenting how this one has nice boobs or whatever.

Maybe you didn't get the point I was trying to make. I have gay friends, but some of my gay friends can be obnoxious about it. I have straight friends, but some of them can be obnoxious. They are still my friends, but they can still have traits about them that bother me.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I'll be honest. I have some gay friends who I absolutely hate. I have some gay friends who I adore (non sexually).

What it comes down to is the human element. We are all human.

The only reason gay marriage is banned in most places is because we don't practice what we preach: Separation of Church and State.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Well I would suggest that You go to the clubs that I went to in SF in the 80s. I never ever saw such cattlemarkets. And my GF and I got more than outr share of indecent proposals. We were never oppressed because of doing whatever we do sexually. The gays were. There is a massive difference between what those have been oppressed and those who have not and you are happy blur the distinctions.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Why all the hype about homosexuals?
Come on, people ...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Vegetarian. This is a neutral term that generally describes somebody that believes eating animals is wrong - therefore they refrain from eating animal meat. This is not a negative label and it is not being compared with a negative attribute. Keeping this in mind...

Am I able to maintain a strong and healthy friendship with somebody who is a Vegetarian even though I am a meat lover? Does the fact I think their lifestyle - not eating meat - is harmful for their health mean I want them to be miserable and don't want them to have the same rights as me? When I disagree with them that NO not every restaurant should have a vegetarian menu, does this make me vegetarophobic? When I disagree that NO adverts on TV that promote meat products should not be removed and should NOT be replaced with adverts promoting Vegetarianism, am I hateful? Do I have a problem with Vegetarians?

Is Vegetarianism just a choice? If so, why are Vegetarians willing to go out of their way to inconvenience themselves and make their lives harder if it's simply a belief they can change if they wanted to? Why can't they just start eating meat or at least accept that most people enjoy eating meat and don't enjoy being bothered by those wishing to promote Vegetarianism?

edit on 27/12/2010 by Dark Ghost because: spelling

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I agree 100%, and this goes for alot of other things such as race, gender , beliefs.

It's incomprehendable, we we're all born with the same rights they say, but still , same sex couples don't get the same rights that a man and his wife would get.
If they're truely a friend, they would be 100% for your happiness, respect, and overall rights, rather than giving their hypocritcal 2cents.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by adifferentbreed

One can choose to be religious or not. One simply is gay or is not. If you cannot see the distinct difference between the two, and the fact that one's sexuality should have no bearing on one's civil rights, then there is no reasoning with you on any subject, let alone this one...

Wait wait if you are not religious yourself you should check that with someone who is religious like myself, at least in a way that I'm driven by questions about existence in a spiritual sense, if I would stop pursueing any answers I would be really depressed in such a way it would become extremely hard for me to live. In my case this contact I believe I have is vital for me to survive, you can say you can choose to have this contact which is true but if I don't choose it I would have a hard time living. That appears to me to be akin to what homosexuals are saying, that they have to be with people of the same gender or they'll become depressed.

And please don't bring up the genetics argument, God-gene, homosexual-gene it's not really there unless some scientist says there is. It's just a way for people to explain things they don't understand so they can tolerate it, they can't do that with something which they don't understand.

And no, I don't have any gay friends nor would I want to. Which doesn't mean I treat people different because of things I'm really not interested in knowing nor that I treat people lousy for whatever reason.
edit on 27/12/2010 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Yes but vegetarians have little history of oppression. Hence your post is of dubious relevance to the OP as it is another case of comparing apples with oranges.

I do know vegetarians that are a complete pain in the ass as they arte proselytising vegetarianism. I have made my decision.

Are there gay proselytisiers? yes I have met one or two in my long life but to go finding an agenda beyond campaigning for tolerance in a country that still has homophobia then I just don't get it. I want a more tolerant planet.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tiger5

Depends how you define Oppression. That definition has been used anywhere from explaining genuine cases of people being denied rights because they do or do not have a certain trait to saying left-handed people are Oppressed in the IT industry because most computer parts and peripherals are designed for right-handed people.

When you begin to use a word such as Oppression to describe situations with ever-expanding grey areas, the purpose for creating the word in the first place becomes rather murky and the power and meaning behind the word starts to evaporate.

In the eyes of a Vegetarian, witnessing neighbours having a BBQ together can be perceived as Oppressive. To think about all the animals that died, to think of all the pollution as a result, to think of young children being there and being indoctrinated to think murdering and eating innocent animals is fine...why should a Vegetarian have to put up with this kind of hardship and distress? Perhaps we should outlaw public BBQs and end the Oppression incurred by those who suffer as a result of these activities?
edit on 27/12/2010 by Dark Ghost because: grammar

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join