It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks boss Julian Assange turns on everyone

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Yeah, disgusting Julian. Just like your efforts to smear America. This guy is a real piece of work. Someone does the exact same thing to him that he did to an ENTIRE country and he has the nerve to complain about it?

I dont think it's "smear America" I think its just, here's the truth, whats really going on behind closed doors. I'm an American too, but for me, before America, I'm a Patriot of the Truth, and I'm all about the truth and transparency. If in that Truth I find out that my own Government is corrupt and is a war monger, even if the truth hurts, I need to hear it so those guilty parties can be removed and replaced by someone with more honesty and less hypocracy.

And your leaks were clearly designed to undermine American influence. This guy is nothing more than a sniveling coward who needs to get out of the kitchen because the oven is getting to hot.

He has leaks on Russia, China, UK and other countries as well. Truth is truth buddy, get used to it

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

I know there were other documents, but I had not heard of the specific one you were referring to. As stated before, its the sheer amount he has presented against the US as compared to other countries that is a flag for me.

edit on 21-12-2010 by DerbyCityLights because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

That is a flag. Unfortunately its a flag of individuals being ashamed of their organisations and of horrific information security incompetence.

The stuff they were given was dynamite and journalists lead with the best story they get. Its silly to blame them, If the organisation survives i'm sure others will again be in the firing line.

I'm really not anti american (i am anti some of the specific things coming out). In truth this is just being handled all wrong.

1. Prosecute the leaker for breaching the oaths
2. Quietly fix the broken system that allows a private access to all this data.
3. Take the criticism on the chin with dignity, say its the price of a free society and sack people where necessary.

That would garner respect. Its the petulance and severity of the overreaction thats more damaging than the leaks in my opinion.

I suspect thats because some of those in charge would be directly affected by bullet point 3 and with social security being cut that looks like a bad deal :-)
edit on 21-12-2010 by justwokeup because: typo

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
WAA! poor J.A. the little wuss. I would like to see him try and leak something about China or Russia. Neither country takes kindly to bad pr. Mr Assange would find himself a very painful death messing with either of those two countries. He selectively releases things that he figures he can get away with. The guy is no hero, just a little ego maniac with martyr a complex. Most people don't have the context to comprehend what the leaked cables mean! Ask yourselves about the lies you tell friends and family then try and figure out why most of those cables were not meant for public viewing.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Why would anyone want anything but the truth? If the truth is damaging then these things should not have been said in the first place, therefor, it is the government that is to blame and no one else. The US is an Empire whose foundations are based on greed, lust, lies and destruction. Finally we get a peek at the inner workings of this Evil regime and people are defending its immoral acts!!??

Once and for all, PUT THE US GOVERNMENT ON TRIAL! Assange will have his day in court but it's about time that the US government answers for their misdeeds as well.

What I don't get is...
What are Americans defending? Their freedom? What freedom? The ones stated in the First Amendment?

Freedom of religion? To live in fear and to be discriminated against in your own country if you're a Muslim, all this propagated by the Media and pushed by the state?

Freedom of speech? To be threatened when you question your government? When the only time you actually have a voice is when you can afford it?

Freedom of Assembly? To be treated as a terrorist because you gather with like-minded people that disagree about the decisions the government makes?

Freedom of the press? When the only organization to have enough balls to publish articles that shows the corruption of the American government is called a terrorist group and when a presidential hopeful calls out for the assassination of it's messenger?

You're defending a country that denies you all of your 'rights' and who passes bills to have the right to spy on its citizens. The Orwellian Future is now, you're all just too 'entertained' to see it, gullible sheepish people everywhere. The thing you should be fearing the most isn't the truth; the thing you should be fearing the most is your government.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Letting Assange get the best of you? Is every one mad at Assange because they're afraid of what happens if they take a stand against the real culprits?
So if I lie and cheat to get ahead and you expose this, then it is ok for me to make up rape charges against you
This is how Scientologist deal with their attackers

I award you no stars or flags and let god have mercy on your soul.
edit on 21-12-2010 by beholdblight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by beholdblight

I did not make this thread to garner Stars or Flags. And God has already taken mercy on my. Can you say the same?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

The world is so wrong that I couldn't tell you if wiki leaks is a CIA front or
The genuine article.

But what i do know is you and millions only believe what the
Tele box tells you.

The more that comes out about America the better. After england
They are the most rotten collective of people on the face of the earth.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Its truely a shame the mascot of wikileaks seems kinda like a douchebag While he may have started with good intentions I think the fame really got to him and more and more he seems like a real self centered ego maniac more concerned with his personal celebrity and painting himself as some james bond type suave hero than the actual work hes doing. That being said, I fail to see how revealing what the US govt is using all our hard earn tax money for and how they are conducting themselves behind the scenes is "smearing". Telling the truth is not smearing, how should govts not be held accountable for their actions? If this stuff is damaging to the US then shouldn't it not have been done/said in the first place?? Smearing.. that's like saying its unfair "smearing" for a neighborhood to be notified that the man moving in is a convicted pedophile sexual predator.

Learn to separate your personal feelings about JA from wikileaks as a whole, like I have. Wikileaks is doing good things by showing how two-faced the US or any other govt can be, stop caring about JA. Hes nothing but a spokesman at this point anyway, as evident by the fact that the site runs as normal when he was in police custody. I wouldn't not stay in a Hilton hotel just because Paris Hilton acts like an idiot.
edit on 22-12-2010 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Here we go again with the "America hater" charade that is trotted out by people who feel threatened that their little bubble (aka their reality) is about to burst.

I don't get it. Why here? Why not the Faux Noise website?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

You don't even know him personally and you're going only by what you read in the media.

But, keep on taking the bait! That's what the government and Moron-Street Media want you to do.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

You don't even know him personally and you're going only by what you read in the media.

But, keep on taking the bait! That's what the government and Moron-Street Media want you to do.

I'm not taking any bait, I don't have to know someone personally to think they are self centered, I'm going by how he acts and his own words I don't even watch "moron street media"... and like I said just because I personally don't care much for the guy doesn't mean I am anti-WL, I appreciate wikileaks and anyone else who reveals what our corrupt govt is up to.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

You don't know him personally. Neither do I.

But still,.we shouldn't judge people by how we read them in the media, etc.

Do you believe everything you read in the National Enquirer?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

You don't know him personally. Neither do I.

But still,.we shouldn't judge people by how we read them in the media, etc.

Do you believe everything you read in the National Enquirer?

Again I fail to see how the media has anything to do with his own words in interviews/blog etc. and the silly suave photo ops he seems to enjoy so much. Even the banner for the site is of course a photo of him trying to look all mysterious and suave. I don't read the national enquirer. You don't know Hitler personally.. so I guess you can't say he was a douche huh? Good arguement, not.

Again, learn to separate personalities from their work. I like his, and the rest of the wikileak's teams work, I personally don't find him a bit annoying as a person, so what?

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Could you tell us what his personal life, etc has to do with WL?

I see mention of such as nothing as a way to smear JA & WL.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Could you tell us what his personal life, etc has to do with WL?

I see mention of such as nothing as a way to smear JA & WL.

The freaking thread is about Julian Assange... So I commented on HIM. Reread my post, I did not "smear" wikileaks I clearly supported it and said myself I separate my feelings for JA and WL and that the OP should do the same.... Youre the brainwashed fool if you think you have to worship and not say anything critical about a person just because of the organization they work for. Not to mention you're being a hypocrite. You don't know me yet you right away claimed I listen to mainstream media and read the national inquirer both of which are not true.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
OP - Stunning thread...

A sheep rears it's head and blats in defense of the wolf.
Talk about the ultimate degradation of a human being - when the oppressed truly believes in defending his oppressor.

As for Assange, funny that huh, *if he was in China doing the same thing the USA would call him a dissident and give him a noble prize.

*Note: I don't remember where I read the above idea about Assange being a dissident. It's not an exact quote or my original thought. I wish I could take credit for it but I can't - though I can and do support truth in the statement.

peace

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
Julian Assange, a man who I believe is nothing more than another America hater, has now shown his true colors. Obviously what is good for the goose is NOT good for the gander...

Some information has been leaked about his accused sex crimes and boy he doesnt like it!

Speaking from the English mansion where he is confined on bail, the 39-year-old Australian said that the decision to publish incriminating police files about him was "disgusting". The Guardian had previously used him as its source for hundreds of leaked US embassy cables.

Yeah, disgusting Julian. Just like your efforts to smear America. This guy is a real piece of work. Someone does the exact same thing to him that he did to an ENTIRE country and he has the nerve to complain about it?

Mr Assange claimed the newspaper received leaked documents from Swedish authorities or "other intelligence agencies" intent on jeopardising his defence.
"The leak was clearly designed to undermine my bail application," he said. "Someone in authority clearly intended to keep Julian in prison.”

And your leaks were clearly designed to undermine American influence. This guy is nothing more than a sniveling coward who needs to get out of the kitchen because the oven is getting to hot.

www.news.com.au...
edit on 21-12-2010 by DerbyCityLights because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2010 by DerbyCityLights because: spelling

On please. What a load of drivel. You're just jealous because you wish you were Julian but are not and can never hope to be.

By the way, whatever content was "leaked" from Swedish police reports is not in any way comparable to the material published by WikiLeaks.

It is truly pathetic that the Swedish police have shown themselves incapable of conducting a proper criminal investigation and case and stoop to "leaking" information for political gain. Just pathetic. For this reason alone the British courts should refuse to hand Assange over to Sweden.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

So all it takes is a smear camp[aign for you to publicly pronounce on an international website such as ATS that the smear campaign's target is a "douchebag". It is truly disappointing to see how easily pliable some people's perception and judgment turn out to be. Change of wind direction is all it seems to take. I suppose it's always safer to run with the maddening crowd.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
sorry but I don't agree with you at all OP...
edit on 22-12-2010 by antwerp because: forgott something

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join