It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orion Belt Anomalies

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama

If there was it would be known already..

Classic fallacy.
Enough said.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by Nobama

If there was it would be known already..

Classic fallacy.
Enough said.

Ditto.
2nd line

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The other thing under the line reminds me of a moai (Easter Island statue). I was trying to think of it last night but I was a bit tired when I viewed this thread. They must of launched one into space.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
My 2p..

Leaping directly to an aliens / stargate / supernatural explanation without doing any investigation is inadvisable and says a lot about a persons internal mental processes. It's important to eliminate more mundane explanations before you look for fantastic ones - try to be Scully rather than Mulder?

Have you checked out the processes Google Sky images go through?

It's likely a stitching artefact from the compositing process. It could be a tumbling satellite but the other (very similar) lines around it makes me lean towards stitching. There are MANY examples of this effect in Google Sky, but on a reallt simple level... have you checked photo's of the same area from different sources?

Google Sky (or any other system that uses composite photographs) isn't ANY use for actual observation - it's a toy. The algorithms used to modify and stitch photo's from many different sources to make a single 'sky' image damage the 'data' in the photographs and introduce things that just aren't there in real life.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Kinda looks like an "Array" and judging by the size of the thing it would, if it was in fact an array it would either sense or pick up a lot of detail whatever its purpose. Would we see it through a telescope IDK....I'll see Santa's got a nice new Reflector in his sack for me this Saturday!!!!!

P.s Stellarium is clear no Array.
edit on 21-12-2010 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Pasted photos, not realtime.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

there is even more to the anomalous line....and what it reflects is pure conjecture.

yes, its possible its a diffraction spike,

but it keeps going longer than any other similar star artifact....

the line itself converges with MORE lines....see below....

edit on 12/21/2010 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

Stellarium is generated algorithmically from a database of celestial objects, so even if the lines exist in real life, they wouldn't show up there. Images (such as the moon, planets, clusters etc) are wrapped around 3D models - it's actually prone to image artefacts in much the same way as Google Sky is.

If you want to look at Orion ideally you need a telescope and a dark sky.

simbad.u-strasbg.fr... also has useful images.

edit on 21-12-2010 by eightfold because: adding SIMBAD

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
ps - i also own 2 telescopes, but no larger than 90mm for the primary lens...the weather

is a bit cold here in boston to be out, but i may get the chance later this week, and will

ask my buddies with the 14 inch refractors to take a look sooner. will keep you posted.

pps - we all know what significance the orion belt has in history - ie., the pyramid of giza orientation,

not to mention the possibility that nemesis will course through the same area as part of its

trajectory...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

How often are the google sky images updated? Beacuse I heard google earth picture frequency runs in a 4 year cycle with some areas getting more frequent updates for example cities and more populated areas.
It would be hard to say what it might be especialy since it could be anomoly of the imaging process.
some of the astronomers on the board should point their telescopes in the direction of orion.
that is if armature telescopes are powerful enough to see something like this in orion.
I don't have enough knowledge of comercial telescopes to know what they are capable of showing.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
Google fail ... and girl looking at google earth fail ...

Someone tell that girl that the earth is rotating and moving if she didn't know. Those are just the same stars but they are exposed over a long period of time and where they glow bright they are over exposed ...

Actually ... YOU fail!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
Google fail ... and girl looking at google earth fail ...

Someone tell that girl that the earth is rotating and moving if she didn't know. Those are just the same stars but they are exposed over a long period of time and where they glow bright they are over exposed ...

So this is the result of moving stars and a long exposure? Laughs.

What Gives In Cetus? Google Sky Coordinates 2 26 33 -04 41 37
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
i'd say...strange

if you follow the vertical line down, it's also intersected by a blue line

hope we get a good answer

be good

I followed the vertical line all the way to it's apparent end without finding a blue interseting line.

However...
I did find this at these coordinates at the apparent end (bottom) of the vertical line in the Wikiksky.org "DSS2" Survey
02 22 40.68 -07 16 19.2

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e18aa3a53c1.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1b2e2d495b41.jpg[/atsimg]

Doc: "I apologize for the crudity of this model but I just..."
Marty: "Yeah, I know, Doc. It's not to scale. It's okay, Doc."
Doc: "All right."
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/95c48ed0604f.jpg[/atsimg]

What the deuce?
Pixelation? Looks kind of odd for pixelation. Looks like 8 orbs in a circular pattern with a bright orb on the circumference (right hand side)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Commonly we call this..... STARSHIP!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Isn't this line simply where two images are connecting on google sky? These things are everywhere, they can't capture an entire picture with this great of depth so surely they took multiple photos and stitched them together, probably along this line. As for the second object found, that is beyond me...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
Plus I believe the pictures would be taken at different intervals to form a mosaic. Meaning that they might not all be taken the same day or time, which could account for the anomaly showing up in only one section and mysteriously disappearing in another. But I agree there is something magical about Orion, it has alway drawn my eye to it and when observed I feel a certain attachment to it kinda hard to explain.

I use to look at it every evening b4 bed when I was in SC, especially clear nights.
Why are we all being drawn to Orion now? And I have yet to get that larger anomoly that looks like a rock of the canyons of AZ. What gives here?
I've heard of the theory that we all are from Orion. That must be one crowded system.
It could be a comet that is not in orbit around our star the Sun. That could explain the beginning and end, maybe.
I don't know and what I do know is it is weird to say the least. Great find!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

please do that. I still wait for someone who just looks at it with a telescope instead of discussing if its really there or artifacts...ats has so many members i dont understand why it takes so long

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Can someone give a look on this.. this is a very strange line for me...

53.934490°, 27.971753°

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
You can say that jumping to the "oh wow that looks like a space station next to a series of jump gates" is not a good thing to do, but you gotta admit, it sure looks like that.

It could be artifacts or other camera oddities, but that is beside the point.

There is a clearly visible Hexagon shape on one side of the space station too.

I realize there is no way to know what these things are without additional data but still, we should be able to at least agree it does at least resemble somewhat our concept of what a "space station" would look like.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

i bet the last item in the video ('wtf2' pin) is an asteroid.

there's a lot of these pics on ats claiming they are massive outer sol system

spacecraft. don't think so.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Yes stars blur and flatten out so laugh if you like but google images are composites from different places. Google created these images by stitching together imagery from numerous scientific third parties including the Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI), the Sloan Digital Sky Survey (SDSS), the Digital Sky Survey Consortium (DSSC), CalTech's Palomar Observatory, the United Kingdom Astronomy Technology Centre (UK ATC), and the Anglo-Australian Observatory (AAO). Now if they have a telescope trained on a specific star grouping they actually have to move the telescope to maintain the exposure. This causes other stars to blur and yes form anomalies.

You have no idea how long they had to spend trying to make all those different observations mesh together try to get rid of blurred stars to create 1 large view. The problem becomes some anomalies will just be missed or nearly impossible to remove there is even areas with nothing there guess what in the real sky thats just not the case. But in google youll just see black areas simply means couldnt find an observation for the area. Sky is just a guide u cant make serious observations off there data they had to manipulate it stretch it and in places shrink it to get it all to fit together.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join