It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Admiral Byrd and Operation Highjump

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'm smitten by this theory as well because it just seems implausible.

If it were true, it would probably be too mind-blowing for the average citizen to comprehend.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
I'm smitten by this theory as well because it just seems implausible.
If it were true, it would probably be too mind-blowing for the average citizen to comprehend.

Well I was snooping around Antarctica and stumbled on THIS. Ya gotta see this one

Entrance To Agartha Found?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I have to say it 'cause no one else has.... Mountians of Madness! There! I said it! I want to go on the next Miskatonic University Expedition.... who knows what we'll find this time.....

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That snow cruiser does not seem very practical for travel over ice..
You'd expect tracks rather than wheels to distribute the weight..

With all that fuel etc it would have enormous loads on the four wheels which you'd expect to break through ice and bog the thing, or worse...

Just an odd design.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I wonder what ever happened to it? Can't seem to find out what they did with it after

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by volafox
I have to say it 'cause no one else has.... Mountians of Madness! There! I said it! I want to go on the next Miskatonic University Expedition.... who knows what we'll find this time.....

Well the next scheduled expedition will be to Lake Vostok...

They plan to check out the magnetic anomaly there

"The evidence is a huge magnetic anomaly on the east coast of the lake's shoreline. As the first SOAR flight crossed over to the lake's east side, the magnetometer dial swung suddenly. The readings changed almost 1,000 nanotesla from the normal 60,000 nanoteslas around Vostok. A tesla is the standard measure of magnetism. Studinger typically finds anomalies of 500-to-600 nanotesla in places where volcanic material has poured out of the ground

"When we first saw this huge magnetic anomaly, that was very exciting," Studinger said.

Usually magnetic anomalies are much smaller and it takes some effort to distinguish the anomaly from normal daily changes in the magnetic field. In this case there was no confusion.

"This anomaly is so big that it can't be caused by a daily change in the magnetic field," Studinger said.

The anomaly was big in another way, encompassing the entire Southeast corner of the lake, about (65 b 46 miles) 105 km by 75 km. The size and extremity of the magnetic anomaly indicated the geological structure changes beneath the lake, and Studinger guessed it might be a region where the earth's crust is thinner.

To create the type of topography found at Lake Vostok, the earth's crust was probably stretched, thinning one to three percent as it pulled taut, Studinger said."

www.polar.org...

That link is no gone... tried to get it back via Internet Archives... no luck

The Antarctic Sun by Polar Org ... is a RAYTHEON publication

The new web portal for the United States Antarctic Program is now located at www.usap.gov.
This new site offers a wider range of information and increased functionality. Asterisk-marked material has been moved to this location and will be deleted from this site on October 31st, 2005. Your current location, www.polar.org, will continue to service business needs for
Raytheon Polar Services Company.

Please update your bookmarks and address questions to Web Support.

Raytheon Technical Services Company
Polar Services
7400 South Tucson Way
Centennial, Colorado 80112-3938 USA

This whole magnetic anomaly thing led me here a 2003 thread

International Space Mapping of Lake Vostok Overridden by NSA

Then to this post

My collection of links and info is here
www.thelivingmoon.com...

The imagery is from NASA
Antarctica: Lake Vostok
svs.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Seems where ever there is a story of openings to underground secrets, there is that magnetic anomaly present...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Just the other day, I was watching a documentary on 2012 when they brought up something that reminded me of the Admiral Byrd story. Someone was discussing how the governments know what is to come in 2012; not just the U.S. government, but many of the world's 'top' regimes. Something about how they've known for a very long time and they've been planning for it, since at least the 40's.

The Antarctica was supposedly a prime location for top governments to relocate to, when the time comes. What made me think of Admiral Byrd was their reference to the U.S., Russia (can't remember if others were mentioned) and their vying for the area; using our pilots and military personnel for secret missions that would help stake claim to land. Also, something about being told (the population) something other than what is really there; like, being told it's inhabitable (or, maybe aliens?) that would keep most of us away from it.

Like it's where the 'elite' will be going when we get closer to the 2012 date.

I don't know what to think, but I sure found it quite interesting. They didn't mention Admiral Byrd, nor his mission, but it's the first thing I thought of.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by volafox
Mountians of Madness!

BTW thanks for the tip
Took me a while to find it in the archives

“At the Mountains of Madness”
Vostok: The Lake of Shadows
Cover Story FATE Magazine 2002-06-01 00:00:00
by Scott Corrales

Although I doubted that the elusive Ms. Shingteller would actually return my message, I thought that it was still worth a try. I was surprised, however, when the voice on the answering machine did not correspond to that of the spokesperson, but to another functionary of the NASA Public Information Office. It would appear that Ms. Shingteller had taken some time off after the conference that would make her a household name in conspiracy circles around the world. My question, in any event, was straightforward: why didn’t the press release regarding the sudden distancing of NASA and JPL with the Lake Vostok project appear among the ones publicly available on the web (www.nasa. gov)?

www.seekers.100megs6.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Wayback Machine

Hmmm seems ATS doesn't like the link AGAIN

Vostok: The Lake of Shadows

Dark blue spot near pole is Lake Vostok

Paper confirming the magnetic anomaly report

LAKES BENEATH THE ICE SHEET: The Occurrence, Analysis, and Future Exploration of Lake Vostok
and Other Antarctic Subglacial Lakes

PDF

www.era-test.lib.ed.ac.uk...

edit on 23-12-2010 by zorgon because: Silly annoying LINK BUG

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by anubisone

ever an expedition into this part of Antarctica im in
i would love to explore this area

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Glad to be of assistance.. I was thinking of that great tale by H.P. Lovecraft. There was a movie made back in the late 40s I think called "the thing" and then remade by John Carpenter.. but I think all of that took place at the opposite end of the earth. The Mountians concerned huge underground caverns that had been the last refuge of the Old Ones... some who were found to be still intact and frozen after millions of years. And, it seems that when they thaw out, they wake up grumpy, hungry, and rather chilly. Still, a roaring good time was had by all who didn't die.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

This I think is relevant. as it may explain what Byrd flew through.
Only now are mainstream physicist's talking about this phenomenon
the so called "electronic fog" the very same Bruce Gurnon flew through
in the Bermuda Triangle,Bruce covered hundreds of miles in seconds.

The magnetic anomaly is linked with time travel it seems
and TPTB know this and will be "messing" no doubt.
This is all part of the Lake Vostok puzzle imo.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Another possible reference to where A. Bryd went was in the book 'Vril - The Coming Race' that too mentions a subterranean civilisation...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Also the film "The Secret Land" made by the US NAVY was 'lost' until recently.. and it has all the key players in it with an opening from Forrestal himself...

Noe they called the film SECRET LAND and near the end, when Byrd's plane returns after being missing... the narrator says this...

"Safe! Safe! Good going! The greatest exploration flight of all history has ended in success, the flight beyond the south pole, the flight beyond imagination."

So while they do not show us any strangeness in the film, they sure drop teasers.

Hey Guys,

I searched for 'the secret land' in youtube and I found the vidya.

Click this link to get it:

The secret Land - now on youtube

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Nice one! i love those old de-classified DOD film's
there sure is some crap acting LOL but where are
the UFO's.
never been one for the hollow earth theory but i do
believe Byrd had some "time anomaly" whilst flying.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I've always wanted to visit Antarctica and would love to pursue this if I had LOADS of money.

The flying saucer thats mentioned in his journal was actually produced at an experimental stage from 1941, but in 1945, the project was discontinued and most records were destroyed by the Russians.

Good read though, would be mind blowing if it were actually realized and proven.

First post btw

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This is very interesting to me and one of those things I have to see for my self....but come on, take Brookes Agnew.Either he supports a molten core earth and the possibility of a core shift in 2012 or he supports the hollow earth theory.......OR like all the rest of them he has a bunch of books in his library,written by him and FOR $ALE...wouldn't if be so fantastic if Birds Audicy was so and to see it and touch it and smell it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join