It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winter Solstice, Lunar Eclipse Overlap First Time In 456 Years

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Just to make it clear for this thread...this is not about the moon covering the Sun. Its about Earths shadow covering the Moon.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I love how near the end this turned into a run for the hills for this is a sign of the devil..

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Running for the hills is not redeeming the light squares. Thats fear. And the Saturn crowd, mystery school babylnonians running our world, are for real. Its the real deal for earth duality school. However, our job is to transform everything to joy and light and love. In otherwords, we're to be the light sqares, the Family of Light, Light as a Feather, no shame and forgiving everything, service to others.

This date is the real mckoy date, but we can overcome the whole thing. Its not a school where we are all given an F before the tests.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Is anyone going to have any 'lunar eclipse watch parties?'

I'm in Memphis.....let me know

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by Nobama

This date is the real mckoy date, but we can overcome the whole thing. Its not a school where we are all given an F before the tests.

This date is the real McCoy date for what? I'm trying to see why people think that today is more significant than another other lunar eclipse in the past or the next one scheduled to happen on the Winter solstice in 2094?
edit on 20-12-2010 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

I personally think its the greatest alignment of the cosmos of our life time but I dont think it is anything of a 'end' or savior coming or shift ect ect ect.

As you look at the Sun tomorrow on the winter solstice, it sits in the direction of the galactic Sun. Egyptians called this the gateway of the gods. The Sun will seem to 'stand still' for 3 days and then return to its course, seeming to be 'reborn' as some say. Yes, this happens every year. What is cool though to have a lunar eclipse also occurring tomorrow (early morning for me 1am-3am) and this occurs in the opposite place from the galactic center direction which is right above Orion, the Egyptians called this 'anti-galactic center' the gateway of man. After the lunar eclipse the moon will ride the cusp of Orion for 3 days.

Its just a nice alignment with not only our solar systems spheres but beyond our solar system with the galactic center and anti-galactic center.

Everything is energy and the cosmos put off an energy. Synchronicity can offer harmony to a soul so its a good time for inner reflection, being aware of this Universe your a part of and that its a part of you. Its a good time for choices in your life, forgiving yourself and others, and taking a new step towards inner growth or maturity.....especially right at the end of a year when people are often thinking about resolutions.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Is this alignment / energies only going to be felt by those in tune with it, or will everyone experience this? Most people have a lot on their mind, or will be sleep depending on where in the world they are. For me, the eclipse lasts from 12am - 6am with 100% totality at 3:17am.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

The only energy I am likely to feel is the energy I get from being freezing cold . I love that feeling, I always have double the normal endurance and energy during the winter, when compared with other seasons.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I live in Atlanta, and I checked the weather. It is going to be perfect viewing from here. Star and Flag for calling it to my attention. I thought about it a few days ago, but in my Christmas haste, it fell off of my radar. Thanks for the reminder!

Peace & Love

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Apologies if this is a repeat, but I got confused about time here in the UK, so I found a link that clears it up. It will be visible with a clear sky Tuesday morning. Good luck!

UK Winter Solstice Eclipse times

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent

Is this alignment / energies only going to be felt by those in tune with it, or will everyone experience this? Most people have a lot on their mind, or will be sleep depending on where in the world they are. For me, the eclipse lasts from 12am - 6am with 100% totality at 3:17am.

That is not for me to say. But lets just say...that there may be a 'majority counts' idea that could occur. I hope its a positive one. For those that do not know of it nor choose to take a time to consider any inner reflection...I see no worries in that at all. Its a opportunity to align your heart with the Universe...just being aware that you are of it all and your choices and actions do effect others and the Earth.

To stay general...its a great opportunity for resolutions and setting a path for yourself. Its a great time to forgive and release anything that is holding you down in life and causing bad feelings. Just release it and forgive it.

I do think there is much more to it all....but its not for me to say really what that is. I think things like this are a consciousness chance...little things can happen in life that ask you...'what is your path'....'where do you stand'...and I think this is one of those times..but its not so little.

I think that there will be some that see we are not waiting on someone to come change things or save the day....that it is ourselves we have been waiting for. I hope the confidence in mankind raises itself....so we can step forth soon and work together as the one sphere that we are.

Tonight and the next several days I hope mankind can see the worth of unity and see the down fall of division.

Its a chance, to observe. Sometimes the Universe does things that makes us stop...silence our minds...and observe.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Interesting, I'm the exact opposite. I love the Spring and Summer season as I love warm weather, activities outdoors, swimming, and beaches etc. I will brave the cold tonight though to get a glimpse of my third lunar eclipse. The last two were partly covered by clouds.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I think I understand what you mean now. An inner awakening of some sorts. Well I hope that truly does happen. We shall see.
edit on 20-12-2010 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I just thought I'd share this site, I don't know if this has been posted in this thread yet since I haven't had the time to read through the whole thing...
Total Lunar Eclipse Info

And here is NASA's info on the times (and other info): NASA Eclipse Web Site

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Well, while I have little to no respect for "Wiccans" (sorry high school ruined that for me.. effin wiccans.. ) I will be calling off work tomorrow for "religious purposes"

Does anyone know the exact time the actual eclipse is supposed to happen?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hey all. Just wanted to say the lunar energies are definitely affecting me.

I haven't felt this energized and excited for a very long time.

I am going to go to a full moon/eclipse/solstice party tonight, and it is going to be magical.

Keep your eyes on the skies tonight. Let's just say there will be lights up there.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Does anyone know the exact time the actual eclipse is supposed to happen?

Check out the OP or the post above you (which I posted). It includes the beginning time, everything between, and the end time.

Here is the link again:
Total Eclipse of the Moon 12/21/2010 - Time Table

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Just checked to see if there were going to be any live cams on the eclipse. (Cloudy and rain for western TN)

Nasa has is going to have a live cam see link www.nasa.gov...

Live Video of the Lunar Eclipse

If you don't want to brave the December chill, or if your weather doesn't cooperate for lunar viewing, we have you covered! A live video feed of the lunar eclipse will be embedded on this page on the evening of Dec. 20 by approximately 6 p.m. EST. The camera is mounted at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sheeplemama_awakening

Thanks for sharing that link! My father and I used to use my telescope when I was kid and since I can't be with him awake tonight at 3am it will be nice to share this with him.

Hopefully I can get some nice still photos myself and share them.

I'm actually trying to go to a friend's place tonight who lives out in the woods (no light pollution) and bring my telescope there to get a nice look at this eclipse.

Anyway, enjoy the energy of the moon tonight

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I identify with the Wiccan 'religion' albeit non-practicing.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join