It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You End All Religions on This Planet?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BobbinHood

I like the way you're thinking though...maybe this murderous species should kill itself already.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I would do nothing
world war one about 17 million christians killed each other.
world war two about 4o million christians killed each other
world war three
I think religion will end itself.
though I expect they will take everyone else with them too
that will certainly bring peace to this world
or should I say sterilization

then the ants can war it out for domination of the ol dirtosphere.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I really don't think you can do it.Is seems to be built in to a lot of people as far as I can see

Take god away from people and they start believing in "the power of crystals" take their crystals away and they start believing in "the secret"

If you put some people in an empty room with no communication or access to the outside world then by the end of a few months they would be worshipping the walls

Edit to add
There is a quote that is often miss attributed to GK Chesterton but is actually from the book The Laughing Prophets and I believe it to be true for a lot of people

When people stop believing in God, the problem isn't they believe in nothing — it's that they believe in anything.
edit on 13-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Well...have a scientist in that room and the end of the week they'd believe in rational thinking and evidence.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

I'm speaking from the position of being an atheist myself.

It's just something that I have observed about people in general

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Easier said than done, probably impossible, but still hypothetically simple.

You prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is a higher power, and that it does not need to be worshipped through religion.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condemned1990
reply to post by SaturnFX

Hmm. I don't believe in any gods or any other superstitious claims, yet you tell me I'm not an atheist. First of all, you can't tell me what I am or what I am not. You are not me. Secondly, my opinions are not religious nor are they affiliated with any religious ideas. Lastly, you are an idiot for failing to understand a simple point I've made. Are you done spreading your bull**** or is there more?

I simply refuse to see you as an atheist mindset...atheism requires rational thinking, and what you contribute is..the opposite.

I also see by your insulting and name calling to be simple..simple minds are often the sign of the easily swayed..and that of course makes up much of the religious community.

Sorry mate, your out.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I'm not sure thats true,

The only think Atheism requires is that you don't believe in God, other then that you can believe that the Sun is made from custard and wear gloves on your feet, your still an atheist

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

I'm not sure thats true,

The only think Atheism requires is that you don't believe in God, other then that you can believe that the Sun is made from custard and wear gloves on your feet, your still an atheist

Right, I understand the definition of course.
I guess I am most opposed to nonsense ideology most of all. Often this is in the form of religious dogma, but as demonstrated historically now and then, and in society of trolls, it can exist amongst the atheist community also.

Anyone whom suggests to think as they do or die to me are pretty much the ones themselves that need to go away.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
reply to post by davespanners

Well...have a scientist in that room and the end of the week they'd believe in rational thinking and evidence.

What a foolish statement to make, to assume all scientist lack faith is a total exaggeration at best.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Hmm. I don't believe in any gods or any other superstitious claims, yet you tell me I'm not an atheist. First of all, you can't tell me what I am or what I am not. You are not me. Secondly, my opinions are not religious nor are they affiliated with any religious ideas. Lastly, you are an idiot for failing to understand a simple point I've made. Are you done spreading your bull**** or is there more?

I simply refuse to see you as an atheist mindset...atheism requires rational thinking, and what you contribute is..the opposite.

I also see by your insulting and name calling to be simple..simple minds are often the sign of the easily swayed..and that of course makes up much of the religious community.

Sorry mate, your out.
I never joined any club. Sorry mate, seems like you're trying to boot me out of my own permanent position. Your mind is much simpler than mine, I can assure you on that one. All you've presented so far are logical fallacies and false dichotomies that demonstrate how simple your mind is in this argument. Your argument is false, ignorant and ineffective. Your argument is anything but rational, as demonstrated by your failure to understand the definition of atheism. You also spelled one of your words incorrectly, but I'll let you figure it out on your own.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I would torture and then slaughter all religious people, especially christians. That's my honest answer.

well that is scriptural, and also it has been done before,

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

reply to post by hotbakedtater

Because I think they deserve it. They worship a conceptual being that threatens to torture unbelievers and disobedient people in a conceptual place called hell. They participate in a cult that has tortured and killed many innocent people in history.

Not all Christians believe in the hell doctrine, can we spare them the torture thingy?
edit on 113131p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

seems like you're trying to boot me out of my own permanent position.

Bam

Atheists are certainly not permanently in a position..they will adapt to proof.
Which...tada, makes your view a religious one.

Permanent...unchanging no matter what is presented.

enjoy your religion..do you have holidays?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

a " total exaggeration "...interesting...I was generalizing yes in regard to the context of this discussion...apparently you didn't catch that.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
reply to post by Gakus

a " total exaggeration "...interesting...I was generalizing yes in regard to the context of this discussion...apparently you didn't catch that.

No, you blatantly tried to pass off that ignorant statement as a fact.

What you need to do is learn to speak for yourself and not others.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

How is killing religious people not rational??? Tehe...little joke....there...oO

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Force everyone on earth to take, and pass, a science class.

that should solve that

You know there are Christians that are scientist don't you, and doctors, and nurses, and physicist, writers, philosophers?

yada yada

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Force everyone on earth to take, and pass, a science class.

that should solve that

You know there are Christians that are scientist don't you, and doctors, and nurses, and physicist, writers, philosophers?

yada yada

Ya, bit of toungue in cheek statement there...to me, evolutionary biology tends to clear up alot of the genesis belief, but then the christians moved the goalpost and said it was simply a simple story that had little to do with the core belief..bah

what we could do is simply move this mindset around:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/35c2dc0681e9.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join