It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you prepared for an "EVENT"?!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I just got it! the 'EVENT' is this guy!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I've been ramping up for this for quite some time. I've detached myself from placing importance on personal possessions (although I like my stuff), and have made no plans to "head for the hills".

What's going to happen?
"Something wonderful..."

Here's Todd Rundgrens "Worldwide Epiphany" from the "No World Order" CD.

Worldwide epiphany, epiphany

Down in the lowlands to the top of the hill
Don't know what's comin', but we know that it will
Blind in Benares, deaf and dumb in LA
Hiding in Africa, but nobody gets away

Give it up one more time for the king of soul
Let the good times roll, bring it on, bring it on
Dusk 'til dawn, the landlady's gone
Send the bill to the government, pack it in cement

Babies and bachelors, fishes, cabbages, and queens
Can't hear it comin', but we know what it means
Boats upon the ocean, every plane in the air
Never know just how or when, but we always know where

Take it from the ground up, this is the last roundup
You can't win, and you can't break even
You can't be leavin' the game anyway
You've got to stay 'cause we came to play

It's a new gene, a new wavelength, or maybe it's a virus
Put the fire in us and inspire us
To trust and lust for the good life
And all that is required of us

Turn to the headline news as if we had a right to choose
To have no views as the rocket's red glare pollutes the air,
And we swear that it can't happen here
And we'll never be there

We got the right to know, which means
We got the right to misunderstand
And slant the plan to help our hand and man
They call it a culture, but it sucks you in like quicksand

Killer bees finally make it to Tokyo
Juliet never made it with Romeo
But check out the video later
Terminator III's gonna preview the next fifty years or so
edit on 12/14/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

edit on 12/14/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: ditto

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
i am far from ready , this guy definetly has it going on.. if the world was no more -- why would you wanna stay?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The OP is blatently the dude in the video..... Hence the over abusive defence that he is putting up.

But I best watch what I say incase he gets in his all terrain blazer and drives over to the UK (Apparantly he can go anywhere
), blinds me with his wind up lantern and shoots me with the AK74

.... In all seriousness, being a Military junkie myself, nice collection. But in the event of a post apocalyptic disaster, it isn't going to be like it is in the movies. Its going to be a million times worse. Even if 'somehow' you did survive, 99% of everything around you won't have.
Even the EMP scenario ends in disaster as people around you start killing eachother

Personally, ill just have a pistol and a bullet with my name on it. Id rather get it over and done with then die extra slowly just because....
edit on 14/12/2010 by Kliskey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kevin unknown

Yes there are people that are going to head to the woods with guns, bows and fishing rods . And yes some of those are going to be radicals . But there will be two kinds of people left in the violent chaos in over populated areas, those that are trapped because they weren't prepared and those still saying this just can't be happening .
The cities will have all of those guns and little food , and those unprotected people . To get away from the masses would be prudent . To have a method of hunting and protection would also be prudent. To have emergency provisions and a plan of survival would be a matter of life and death . When that idiot with a gun comes at you you can call police or throw the constitution at him or you can just comply if that works .
As for scenarios that might cause a disruption in our vital provisions there are many . Just cut off the cigarettes and beer and you might see some crazies for a while .
I'll ask you another question . How long can you survive now if our Internet became incapacitated for 4 months and no bank transactions could be transacted . All business could be virtually shut down . No stock coming to the shelves or medicine . The Islamist would love to destroy our infrastructure and are trying every day to do so .
WE have come to be perilously reliant on such a vulnerable system for everything .
There is nothing wrong with preparedness especially during this time .

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

I am really glad you get off knocking people down without reason.
..........................Your Highness............................................

This was a survival thread, not a 2nd amendment thread.

Talk about trolling............................

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

Thanks man, I really enjoyed your thoughtful post!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

I guess he's preparing for any type of event. It's called keeping your options open. Ready for anything....

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
....don,t clump Americans in a small typecast of ultra right wing paranoid gun freaks...most gun owners are responsible moral people that choose to protect themselves rather then depend on some government funded police force for protection...gun deaths in the U.S. are caused by for the most part urban violence and people that dont have the proper education on guns ..to own a gun you should be trained ...but its a human right to protect yourself and your family....whether you're English,Russian or American ....even if your country doesn't allow you your rights does not mean your rights dont exist

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Please explain what's so stupid about it...?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

You mean kinda of like this? It happens everywhere, even in your backyard. Where was the gun control there?

If someone or some twisted person wants to obtain a weapon they will do so regardless of the laws present.

Criminals are call that for a reason, because they don't care about laws or gun control, and don't acknowledge borders either.

news.bbc.co.uk...

1996: Massacre in Dunblane school gym
A lone gunman has gone on a shooting spree at a school in Dunblane, Scotland, killing 16 children and their teacher.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

He will be the one we will be protecting ourselves from . No provisions and desperately hungry and abused by the knife wielding punk that took what he had . He will become as dangerous as a wild animal .

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by arizonascott

Another excellent post! Thanks. This guy does have a part two in the works. He told me he has a solid 3 months supply of food. As for water, he said he install water treatment systems, so I'm sure he's got that covered.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I believe he lives in a country where guns are illegal. Enough said. He's just jealous.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSearchforSpork

Dude, you're a moron for even casting that kind of judgment on someone you don't even know! Where the hell do you get off on coming to that sort of conclusion? Is that what they teach you where you're from?! Grow up.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
huh... I'd ride shotgun with that guy if some Nazi Zombies started popping outta the ground.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by The Ghost Who Walks

His family is the last people God needs to help! You're first in line. Ignorance is typical, isn't it?! You're the shining example of this.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kliskey

I defend him because he is my friend, and I too, am well prepared. It just pisses me off about the ignorance some of these posters possess. Survival has been with man since man has been on the Earth. The means have changed, but not the intent. I could say these ignorant asses are government plants, just trying to make someone who is well prepared out to look like a criminal... However, I like thinking that they are just plain ol' ignorant.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

All the more reason LAW ABIDING citizens need guns. It's called protection.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

"this is a perfect example of why Americans shouldn’t be allowed guns."

Holy crap, forehead slap when I read this one.... You don't live in America obviously.

That would be the only reason you would make a comment like that... I would like to think anyway.

I really like the freedom of being able to protect myself --- you know like if someone comes into my house in the middle of the night with a gun and my family is sleeping, I won't regret not being able to help them because my overbearing government said I couldn't have one.

Please don't jump to conclusions and say that's why Americans shouldn't have guns, It's honestly not a well thought out statement.

My view on guns.... I don't want to be the guy without one if I need it.

edit for grammar.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Jazz87 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join