It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moore approves Farenheit downloads

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Pretty cool if you ask me. For those who dont want to support him...just download the movie instead.

"Fury as Fahrenheit 9/11 director backs illegal not-for-profit downloads
By Iain S Bruce, Online Editor

Controversial film-maker Michael Moore has welcomed the appearance on the internet of pirated copies of his anti-Bush documentary Fahrenheit 9/11 and claimed he is happy for anybody to download it free of charge.

The activist, author and director told the Sunday Herald that, as long as pirated copies of his film were not being sold, he had no problem with it being downloaded."

www.sundayherald.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
That's good to know.
I'm downloading it right now with BitTorrent++

Here's a site with a link to the Fahrenheit 911 download:
www.torrentreactor.net...

You'll need to copy that shortcut and paste it into BitTorrent or BitTorrent++

d1k

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
lol sweet, i got it the day after it came out

If anyone wants to know where to get it u2u me

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I knew I liked this guy for some reason.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Already downloaded

Terrible quality 1200mb cam rip. I watched it and realised it wasnt worth getting a screener.

To be honest i wasnt impressed with the film, it was a mash of VT with voiceovers and some heartbreaking moments. It didnt appeal to me, however, I'm happy that the knowledge within was made mainstream!

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
the downloadable version is missing scenes (patriot act, iraq before war and others), still a good watch though

d1k

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Already downloaded

Terrible quality 1200mb cam rip. I watched it and realised it wasnt worth getting a screener.

To be honest i wasnt impressed with the film, it was a mash of VT with voiceovers and some heartbreaking moments. It didnt appeal to me, however, I'm happy that the knowledge within was made mainstream!

Screener is out. Altough I only watched the same crappy cam job as you, but it was good enough. And I also agree it wasn't really anything special. We read much better stuff here on ATS

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
All I can say is THANK YOU, HARVEY!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
How long does this download typically take????

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Well it depends on what type of connection you have if you got dial up don�t even bother asking you will be 50 years old by the time the download is complete if you have DSL it will take about 25 min if you got cable it will take less than that and here is my opinion of the movie and of michael moore
:w:
:bash:

[edit on 6-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
here is my opinion of the movie and of michael moore

Yes, we "get it."
No need to post it in every Moore thread, really.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Now that is kick ass, too bad I've already seen it twice at the movies.

He needs to get it aired on PBS imo.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Well it depends on what type of connection you have if you got dial up don�t even bother asking you will be 50 years old by the time the download is complete if you have DSL it will take about 25 min if you got cable it will take less than that and here is my opinion of the movie and of michael moore
:w:
:bash:

[edit on 6-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

To those who are interested it took me about 3 hours with cable....the quality isn't oh so good had to put it on VCD and the screen is off center but the most important part (the audio) is fine.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
I knew I liked this guy for some reason.

yea he too

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think that's cool.

Where are all the people who were calling him a capitalist bastards? Where's his "secret agenda" right now?

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
I think that's cool.

Where are all the people who were calling him a capitalist bastards? Where's his "secret agenda" right now?

What secret agenda? His agenda is to make a ton of money off a slanderous piece of trash thinly disguised as a "documentary", and to attempt to lead the gullible sheep of the world to the conclusion that a sitting president could get away with the things he erroneously claims have been accomplished in this obvious work of fiction.

What's so secret about that?????

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I find it amazing the whole issue...

Now MM comes out with this movie. MM has been proven time and again to s-t-r-e-t-c-h the truth and create mockumentaries. Proven! His movie comes out and a few days later he now wants to offer it for free. Where are the people that SCREAM disinfo agent?

Do you not realize that he wants his disinformation spread far and wide so it will help him with his agenda?

I do like how he makes it seem like it's for the good of the people or the internet. How Mother Teresa of him. Why not just do it in the first place MM?

[edit on 6-7-2004 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
I think that's cool.

Not even the dumbest people in the world work for free. I have never seen a homeless person with a sign, will work for free. He wants to make money and he wants to take Bush down. THAT is his agenda.

Personally, I have no problem with the motives. I just hate the games involved. He is trying to make out like he is saint for giving his work away...puh-lease.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Opinions on Moore are really polarised, aren't they? So this little nugget of news will really please the Moore-bashers if it becomes reality.

These illegal downloads of Fahrenheit 911 may, just may, cruel its chances of winning Best Documentary.

From Wired.com -

The current spotlight on documentaries, particularly those of the political persuasion, means more movie fans than usual are likely to pay attention to the Best Documentary Feature category during the 77th Academy Awards. But a quirky rule that declares ineligible any documentary distributed on television or the Internet during the nine months after its theatrical release could leave some gaps in the potential nominees......

For instance, surprise hit Fahrenheit 9/11 has been downloaded almost since day one, spurred by an anti-Michael Moore movement and by a much-publicized comment Moore made earlier this year saying he doesn't mind downloads of his work as long as others don't benefit commercially. Could a loophole and a casual anti-copyright comment deprive Moore of the chance to repeat his 2002 Oscar win?

Check the full story at
www.wired.com...

And won't there be cries of "Foul" if this scenario does come to pass!

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Already downloaded

Get the Centropy version. It's pretty good for a telesync. I'll still buy the DVD when it's released.

This is the one I got. It's in DivX format, and is about VHS quality.

Although, if you want to be able to play it on a regular DVD player, you might want to get the SVCD, which will be 2 CD's.

Here's another link if that one doesn't work.

213.158.119.37...(2).torrent

[edit on 15-7-2004 by Damned]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join