It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two car explosions in central Stockholm

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

Exacly... The the threatening email's were signed with the bombers name aswell Aftonbladet.se claims..
He wasn't at all anynymous.. And indeed it wasn't hard to identify the body as he had only blewn hos stomach out..

There were rumours that he had a backpack filled with spikes aswell.. Now ain't that a warning sign too? (that there could've been alot worse)

If this has nothing to do with wikileaks, then for some reason they want to have more controll over the swedish people than they already do.

Another possible reason for this could be the wikileaks cables which told us that Sweden's justice minister Beatrice Ask and I believe it was the foregin minister Carl Bildt, who had given out information on swedish citicens without the knowledge of either the swedish government or the citicens of course..

Maybe this 'false terror attack' could be a way to save their asses, claiming that they 'did it to prevent terrorism'?.. Beacause Carl bildt is one of the best puppets that the USA got in Sweden. He has been to the bilderberg meetings aswell...

I'm not really sure on this one.. But something that' im very sure of is that it sounds fishy.. Everything around this and wikileaks..

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
There is something fishy about this "suicide bomber".
Why was he on a place which was not exactly the center of the city, which did not have a crowd of people?
Conspiracies and rumours are flying around saying the Mossad recruited an unstable "jihadist".

Not the first time this happens.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Suicide bombers not reaching their targets before detonating is hardly unknown.

There were many cases in Iraq where the casualty numbers from such an attack could have been a great deal higher if the bomber had chosen to walk another few metres and in some cases bombers were found alone with partially detonated devices and in some rarer cases still alive, albeit until bomb disposal dealt with the device.

So what makes them detonate their device at the point that they do? There are a number of reasons and some that can only be guessed at. There are physical factors such as the load of the device on the bearer. If the device is heavy, cumbersome or just too bulky looking the bomber may get exhausted. This is not as likely as other reasons as the adrenaline will be pumping. Psychological factors too have a bearing such as panic, nervousness, excitement and anticipation. As an atheist I have never believed that I am going to join a heavenly body with 72 virgins imminently, even when I was critically injured in a bomb blast, so I have no idea just how much anticipation of such a reward could be affecting the mind of a bomber. Adrenaline as we all know can cause extreme twitchiness and this could have caused a premature detonation. The design of the device is of course a major factor and the ability of the maker (rarely the bomber himself) is critical. Almost anyone can download the plans to an improvised device and the recipe for homemade explosives but the assembly is an altogether different affair. We know that the explosives made by the 21 July 2005 "bombers" had explosives that failed due to poorly mixed chemicals. This it is believe is all that stopped a catastrophe on the scale of 7/7.

It may be that this was a warning and I am not denying that as it would be foolish to make a statement either way without knowing the facts but I would speculate that it is not as likely to be a warning as a failed attack. The presence of unexploded devices on the attacker, if true, is an indication of an intent to use them. Unexploded ordnance serves little point as a warning unless left to be found separately; not on the body of the bomber. If it were booby trapped and left nearby that would be a different matter. If this were a warning it would be likely to alert the authorities to the possible location of a terrorist cell affiliated with the bomber. Cells are rarely untraceable once an attack has taken place and even if they can't be located a chain of evidence exists. This would not be in the cells' interest and warning bombings are not the usual calling card of terrorist cells as a maximised casualty count along with mass media coverage is the aim of most fanatic bombers willing to die for their cause.

Until we know more about this event and I suspect it will be a few days before anything worth reading comes out, we can only speculate what happened in Stockholm yesterday. It may be that we never know. Some of the comments stating that this is what MUST have happened or that IS the case are no more valid than others and I can't believe that what ever beliefs some ATSers hold that anyone here knows the answer yet. This thread seems to have fallen into the usual debacle of shouting and ranting over personal opinions over facts. There are plenty of threads on the rights and wrongs of war etc. Can we get back on track now?

Respectfully

Doc

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Triztheone
Seems like the USA want to set an example to frighten Sweden to obey, in case that they should choose to do as they please with Julian Assange (WIkileaks) and the case about giving him out to USA.
Why else would this suicide bomber have 'said something in arabic' before blowing himself.
Also don't forget the fact that he choose to bomb himself an a place where there weren't alot of people at all. To choose a place in central Stockholm which is not very crowded, when most of Stockholm actually is crowded on a saturday night is indeed a strange choice of place. This smells fishy..

Something is not what it seems like and to me this seems like scare-tactics so why would the USA-want to scare Sweden?I do believe it could have something to do with Julian Assange.Also ofcourse my conclusion is based on the fact that this so called 'Terrorism' and also the war on 'Terrorism' is a product of the United States of America. With the goal to stregthen their control and power over the world.

The letter from the cuicide bomber was quite clear a threat and a try to reach out to 'mujahedin' in europe and Sweden to stop being cowards and attack/kill Swedes..

I really doubt it. Here in Sweden, the situation in regards of Muslims is very heated, or how to word it.
It is truly a long story, but to try to cut it as short as possible, the politician leaders in Sweden have for some reason decided to open the doors to literally hords of refugees in a new way, instead of the earlier style, when they carefully selected each and every refugee that came here.
This, have resulted in violence reaching ridiculous levels never seen before in Sweden, as nowadays ANYONE can come here, and not just the "Worthy" ones(Now I doubt that literally anyone can come here, but that is almost the way it seems nowadays). Anyway, this raised violence have in its turn resulted in a bunch of rapidly growing number of angry Swedes, that in its turn, gave rise to a Nationalist-party that was voted into the Government by the growing number of frustrated Citizens. Which, in ITS turn, resulted in yet more angry people that do not want to see anything of the sort such as a Nationalist Party in the Swedish Kingdom, so the circus, as you can see, has come to town.

Still, several things here really HAVE turned to the better, and in some ways it is almost as a re-run of the Flower Power-Era, with, for instance, the new law which alows anyone to be able to marry anyone regardless of gender, which is really something amazingly beautiful that indeed made the World into a truly better place. But unfortunately, this Era is also heavily tainted with a bunch of other less nicer stuff.

That said, I do not believe that USA has ANYTHING to do with this. I know that it is comfortable to blame the American Government on exactly everything that happens in the World, but in this case, this is a Swedish matter- not a American one.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I didn't see anyone mention the Swedish Military Intelligence and Security Service. I am not saying they had anything to do with it, but they are a vital factor in this. It is their duty to spot foreign threats and report that intel to their commanders.

MUST

Military Intelligence and Security Service (Swedish: Militära underrättelse- och säkerhetstjänsten), MUST, is a division of the Swedish Armed Forces Central Command. It is responsible for Sweden's military intelligence such as acquiring and presenting information that is of military importance regarding foreign powers and managing the security for vital divisions and agencies of the Swedish Armed Forces.

And here is some really juicy info, it talks about the subdivisions of Swedish Intel:

MUST consists of two major departments: Underrättelsekontoret UNDK (Intelligence Office) and Säkerhetskontoret SÄKK (Security Office).

Each department has different jobs, like it mentions UNDK and they aid deployed military. So they are like field ops.

UNDK's task is to acquire relevant information which can be used as basis when the Central Command and Ministry of Defence makes decisions, and aids deployed Swedish military units.

I suppose in a way SÄKK is like more of a military police? But their jobs look pretty diverse overall.

SÄKK's task is to work with signal protection, investigating persons and information protection.

Hmm, and then it tells us about this funny little part. The KSI.

There is also KSI, Kontoret för Särskild Inhämtning ("Office for Special Acquisition") which handles HUMINT and espionage. Little is known about KSI, as it is only mentioned once in Swedish law.

Anyone know anything about the KSI??

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Anyone know anything about the KSI??

I know that the KSI was involved with shipments of military equipment on the ferry Estonia, and likely also at the time of the disaster in 1994.

Related thread:
How did the 'Estonia' sink 1994?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This is how you scare people:

Suicide bombing scenario with minimum damage.

AKA get 100 bombs and make only 1 go off, but the news will report it as 100 bombs and terrorist failed.

Exactly something I would do if I was dictator XD.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass

Still it could be related to anything, wikileaks, national troubles, annoying kids,...
Any Swedish, Stockholm, related ATS-ers that could clarify some of this?

www.stockholmnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

It's probably related to the people forfeiting their rights.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

It's probably related to the people forfeiting their rights.

Or to people forcing everybody to follow their religions.

edit on 12-12-2010 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

This may be the US trying to scare Sweden into giving up Assange once they get him in Sweden. What better way to convince them that the terrorists will win if they let people like Assange make the war difficult?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

That, or the demographic shift in European countries created a labor shortage, which made the government feel the best policy would be an open door policy to cheap, uneducated labor from 3rd world countries, which happened to be Muslim countries. At any rate, combine that with a very low graduation rate of the children of these immigrants, a bilingual education program that insufficiently instructs them in the native language and does not well maintain their mother tongue (another barrier to going back) and bam...you've got yourself a permanent underclass with all the oppression and violence that goes along with it.

Perhaps if Mexicans were Muslim then the US would see something similar, instead you get gang activities because that is more distinct to their culture.

In any case, we will see who did the explosions...usually such things come with some sort of message that the individuals doing it would like to see out there to accompany the bombing itself. Otherwise, it's meant to make the populace afraid, in which case, the bombing itself was the message.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

It depends on what you mean with center of the city. The street which the suicide bomber died at is directly by one of the biggest shopping street in Stockholm, Drottninggatan. So loads of people was there. But he stood a few meters from Drottninggatan on a smaller street where there isn't so many people walking regularly. Like a sidestreet.

It is a bit fishy, but I think he either died there because he was arming the bomb but failed and the bomb exploded prematurely. or that he got some regret, walked in the sidestreet and detonated it but the other five bombs failed to explode.

I also don't think this got anything to do with Wikileaks but instead the artist who painted the mohammed caricatures Lars Wilks and that Sweden have forces in Afghanistan.
edit on 12-12-2010 by Sambell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
And something more fishy, someone working at the Swedish defense department (försvarsmakten) warned an acquittance to them that something would happen on that street prior to the explosions, warning that they should keep away.

"Om du kan, undvik Drottninggatan i dag. Det kan hända mycket där... bara så du vet"

Translation: "If you can, avoid Drottninggatan today. A lot of stuff can happen there... just so you know"

This is now under investigation at the defense department.

Link to the newspaper Svenska Dagbladet

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BLV12
[more
What part TPTB part,the scientology part,or the facts of muslim extremism,which parameter.there is a witch hunt to find TPTB when,you,me and everybody are TPTB and that is not ignorance.Okay the scientology analogy is a bit of a stretch by far,but extremism acts are real,and the involvement of US was related to earlier post which I find far fetched.So out of this which one makes sense,No ,not the chinese angle ?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN

Originally posted by fltcui
That story says it's a suicide bomber but the police haven't confirmed that yet.

If it is a suicide bomber it could be very well linked to the fact of growing anti muslim sentiment in Sweden.

Please tell me how you managed to determine this man's religious preference, because I have searched the news article provided and there was no mention of it?

Or is it just in your mind that only Muslims blow themselves up?

I know it's cool to be politically correct but when you look at recent history, it shows that a majority of suicide bombings are committed by Muslims.

And since the suicide bombers name was Taimour al-Abdaly and was born in Iraq, I'd say it's safe to claim the man was indeed a ...Muslim.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
There's a movie up on teh explosion here.. you don't see the details but you see the amount of people right next to the explotion.. We are lucky the other explosions didn't detonate.

www.aftonbladet.se...

(The movie is on the first page, you might have to scrool down a little bit as the page is updated from time to time.)

"someone working at the Swedish defense department warned an acquittance to them that 'something' would happen on that street prior to the explosions, warning that they should keep away."

-This was hours before the actual bomb was set of to explode.
So why weren't the street evacuated?

edit on 12-12-2010 by Triztheone because: added info.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sambell

And of course he studied in England!!

Don't they all? lol#

About this bomb thing.... i reckon it just went off by mistake as he wasnt too far from the populous area.... i mean how many close calls have there been the last couple of years in the US, England, France and now Sweden... and i reckon one of them will get through eventually.... where that will be, who knows?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Triztheone

No idea, maybe the person who received the message didn't take it seriously? Maybe there never was a message and it's just a false rumor someone made up?

It doesn't seem to be clear where the message came from, it's only reported that "a trustworthy source to TT" (similar to Reuters) got it before the explosion and that it "sort of" was typed as my translation.

So it's a bit vague.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

About this bomb thing.... i reckon it just went off by mistake

Went off by mistake?

How on Earth would you then explain that witnesses said that he shouted something on Arabic just before the small explosion while STILL standing 10 meters down on the side street - away from the more crowded shopping street?

And now there is that warning from that guy at the defence department who warned the friend a couple of hours before the incident that something big was going to happen on Drottninggatan (Queen Street) so he warned them to stay away?! huh?

Something just ain't kosher about all of this! - and it ain't the Gefilte fisch that is smelly!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

And of course he studied in England!! Don't they all? lol# About this bomb thing.... i reckon it just went off by mistake as he wasnt too far from the populous area.... i mean how many close calls have there been the last couple of years in the US, England, France and now Sweden... and i reckon one of them will get through eventually.... where that will be, who knows?

That is quite interesting actually, all the close calls. Would be interesting to see a list of the latest bombings in Europe/USA and see how many actually got wounded/killed or if they all were close calls? A bit suspicious.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join