It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good, 'Real', British hip-hop track (good listen, I promise)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

No 'conspiracies', just some truth and maturity.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

That is really good. Best I've heard in ages. It's about time intelligent rap made an impact. Rap is the only form of music capable of conveying the political situation we face to a younger and wider audience. The clarity of his voice combined with the message of truth lifted my spirits a bit so thanks for the post. Awesome stuff

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanUKphd
reply to post by NadaCambia

That is really good. Best I've heard in ages. It's about time intelligent rap made an impact. Rap is the only form of music capable of conveying the political situation we face to a younger and wider audience. The clarity of his voice combined with the message of truth lifted my spirits a bit so thanks for the post. Awesome stuff

Not a worry friend. I will add on with a few more songs if I get a positive response. I can show you better songs, but alot of good hip hop songs are negative unfortunately.

I won't restrict this to British rap either. America also has a very real good hip hop scene. As you say rap is in a great position to speak a good message. It's the only real genre where you can bluntly put something, without hiding behind guitars and metaphors.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Some pretty good Scottish Hiphop. Yeah I know the words Scottish and hiphop are unusual bedfellows. But they have some good tunes: Reppin 'S'

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

^ Some good hip-hop, but not overly positive. More so a 'truth'/'conspiracy' message. Here's some positive(imo) hip hop

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste1001
Some pretty good Scottish Hiphop. Yeah I know the words Scottish and hiphop are unusual bedfellows. But they have some good tunes: Reppin 'S'

Cheers mate. I love Hip hop from anywhere. Good hip hop is good hip hop. I especially hate my fellow English mates who don't listen to anything but English or American hip hop. Because they act confused as to why Americans don't like British hip hop, but at the same time, hate all over hip hop. Here's some good Australian hip hop I found by chance

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This guy's from newcastle and hes the dogs b#llocks!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Yeah i agree great tune i love lowkey,best british rapper in my opinion!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I tried to edit my OP but cannot because of time restraints. I wanted to say that the second rapper on the first music video, 'I Believe', is the brother of famous UK artist Ms Dynamite.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Some more blazzing U.K. Hip-hop,the first tracks produced by dangermouse of the grey album and demon days fame:

edit on 13/12/10 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Lowkey is frickin amazing. He's been a favorite of mine for a while now.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stuffed

Vinnie Paz avatar for the win. Inspired my forum username

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

Originally posted by Stuffed

Vinnie Paz avatar for the win. Inspired my forum username

Hell yeah, nada cambia has got to be one of the top JMT instrumentals imo. Hmm, maybe i should do a Stoupe avatar.

new topics

top topics

join