It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government Violently Assaults Hollywood Actor For Failing To Fund Illegal Wars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Originally posted by jontap
reply to post by mnemeth1

That wouldnt work and I bet you KNOW THAT deep inside... ...deep, deep down inside, you know it...

...but you will NEVER admit it I am sure...

The Soviet Union "didn't work"

There is only one thing that does work - peace and property rights.

Deep down, I suspect you know this.

OP, nope you are incorrect as I would NEVER believe something so silly.

Most "productive" people as you refer them as wouldnt give a DIME for the good of an entire CONTINENT!!!
The wealthy would rather sacrifice a their own mother than lose a quarter of a percent of profit a month!!!

Are you KIDDING?? Really, your plan is an EPIC FAIL sir!!

Worth repeating for those who do not have an angry personal agenda like a certain someone here:

[color=cyan]JUST PAY YOUR GOD-D@MN TAXES!!!

This nation is a system and such cannot be without cost.

DONT LIKE IT, TAKE YOUR ANGRY BITTER SELF OUTTA HERE... dont let the door slam ya in the rear...
edit on 9-12-2010 by jontap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I find some humor in the fact that the Fed is in the process of printing 600 billion dollars, yet the government is going to lock up Mr. Snipes for 3 years because he didn't fork over a measly few million.

To my mind, locking up Snipes is totally unnecessary since the government could simply have the Fed print up the million they didn't get from Snipes' hide.

This seems to be a much simpler way to enslave society than locking up millions of people for not paying their protection money.

The private banks seem to be in favor of this method at least.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Most "productive" people as you refer them as wouldnt give a DIME for the good of an entire CONTINENT!!!
The wealthy would rather sacrifice a their own mother than lose a quarter of a percent of profit a month!!!

Do you consider a rich person investing in a cure for cancer not acting for the good of the entire CONTINENT!!!?

I know it is hard to fathom, but often "rich" people are rich because they know which types of businesses to invest in.

Most businesses bring joy and happiness to society.

For example, the man who runs Yankee Candle brought me holiday joy because he invested in a candle making corporation.

In fact, the only types of "corporations" that bring misery and suffering are those most heavily subsidized by the State with tax dollars.

edit on 9-12-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
the way i heard it, is that snipes said he didn't owe the tax

because he didn't make the money in the US.

well that only works if you are not a US citizen.

he had plenty of time to make good. it's not like they just sprung it on him.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
he had plenty of time to make good. it's not like they just sprung it on him.

The important thing is that a violent dangerous man is behind bars.

I'm glad men like you feel obligated to take money from men like me to lock up men like Mr. Snipes.

Without men like you, I might spend my money on hookers and booze instead of locking up dangerous criminals like Mr. Snipes.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

You strike me as a peaceful individual that values property rights and non-violent forms of conflict resolution.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Do you consider a rich person investing in a cure for cancer not acting for the good of the entire CONTINENT!!!?

I know it is hard to fathom, but often "rich" people are rich because they know which types of businesses to invest in.

Most businesses bring joy and happiness to society.

For example, the man who runs Yankee Candle brought me holiday joy because he invested in a candle making corporation.

In fact, the only types of "corporations" that bring misery and suffering are those most heavily subsidized by the State with tax dollars.

Cancer cures are out there and they are common and NON-PATENTABLE therefore NO MONEY to be made. You didnt KNOW this already?!!

And your candle maker is going to be able to contribute to the whole USA system of operation??!!

Oh, I get it, nice one... you are JOKING with this entire thread, RIGHT??

Nice, you were starting to worry me. WHEW!!!

This thread is A JOKE RIGHT??

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
They only pursued snipes because he is black, and famous. If anyone really wants to avoid the tax man, start a cash based buisness. It's that simple. The government has no right to tax, if they can't stay afloat by donations then they suck, and should fail.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jontap

So you are against patents?

So am I.

Look! We have something in common.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
They only pursued snipes because he is black, and famous. If anyone really wants to avoid the tax man, start a cash based buisness. It's that simple. The government has no right to tax, if they can't stay afloat by donations then they suck, and should fail.

I think they went after Snipes because he's a US Citizen.

A farmer expects his cows to produce milk or they get the ax.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

it's the law!

he broke the law,

what's the problem with that?

besides, how do you know his money is going for war and not subsidizing obama's health care?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

it's the law!

he broke the law,

what's the problem with that?

besides, how do you know his money is going for war and not subsidizing obama's health care?

In Alabama, its also against the law to dress up as a priest if you are not actually a priest.

www.dumblaws.com...

Section 13A-14-4
Fraudulently pretending to be clergyman.

Whoever, being in a public place, fraudulently pretends by garb or outward array to be a minister of any religion, or nun, priest, rabbi or other member of the clergy, is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, shall be punished by a fine not exceeding $500.00 or confinement in the county jail for not more than one year, or by both such fine and imprisonment. (Acts 1965, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 273, p. 381; Code 1975, §13-4-99.)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Lol, I know. But, we are supposed to be the farmer, and they the cows. Not the other way around.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Lol, I know. But, we are supposed to be the farmer, and they the cows. Not the other way around.

Now that deserves a LOL

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

This post appears to be much more about your personal hang ups than about an actor who consistently failed to file his tax returns.

Yeah, I have a "hang ups" with illegal wars and violent theft.

It's a small issue that I'm currently work on with my therapist.

Every time I get to the breakthrough point, I keep regressing back to the infantile position of wanting to keep my own stuff.

My therapist recommended that I undergo police tasering as a form a electro-shock therapy.

Well.. after a nasty horrible week you just made me laugh out loud.. seriously! You have no idea how you just summed up my frame of mind this past week in this post!

IMO Snipes is a turd.. but the more I learn the more I really have an issue with our tax structure and the allocation of the funds from taxes. I mean not just the obvious BS stuff, but comparing what we have now compared to what a true viable country ( like the FF intended) should shoot for. Im really liking the idea of a consumption tax system.
We NEED taxes to keep the country viable. We need to be more involved as a citizenry as to what these taxes go to and what our collective goals are. I blame everyone who has been alive and didnt revolt since the civil war for our current woes.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

same as dressing up as a cop when you are not.

against the law!

the law is the law.

he got busted, he knew it long ago that he could be in trouble.

he was an idiot, as cool as i think he is in the movies.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I disagree about the black thing
Money grubbing trumps color prejudices every time!

Cash based business huh? People have no cash anymore.. you wont get too far if you dont accept credit. Thats so people can spend money they dont have on crap they dont need and pay it back at an illegal interest rate. Ya gotta love the modern world..

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Mr. Snipes is an innocent man that never hurt a fly.

It is important we remember this.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

same as dressing up as a cop when you are not.

against the law!

the law is the law.

he got busted, he knew it long ago that he could be in trouble.

he was an idiot, as cool as i think he is in the movies.

If you dressed up as a priest, I would vote not guilty.

Why?

Because I love you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join