It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANON Has Shut Down My Business--Paypal Related

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel
Paypal exercised its right to do or not do business with whom it pleases.

A right that was requested to be acted out by a certain you-know-who.

How's that freedom thing working out for them?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
....Your going to take information from a man that you know nothing about and take it as fact?

The fact that nobody has refuted the information says a lot doesn't it. Any issues following their release have been to do with the release and not the actual information.

Nice try but your angst is misguided.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Alright so basically your fine living a lie then? Your going to take information from a man that you know nothing about and take it as fact? I mean that's kinda like being religious is there going to be a religion started by Assange followers??

Kinda with you on this one... have asked several times if anyone else has verified these leaks. A lot of ones I have seen at random really say nothing new if you have been paying attention to current events... maybe add a little confirmation that it is discussed in embassy circles but still...

Not saying the leaks are not real, just wondering who has followed up on them to check them out? What if some CIA team just wrote them up and leaked them to stir the pot? Someone already said if you wanted to start a war, this would be one way to start.

Don't see it being unreasonable to ask who confirmed some of this stuff... I had one poster outraged at some points and I showed a youtube video of a session in congress that covered those same points... video was dated 2006.

We all talk a lot of outrage here and what should be done... but in the end all that is done is argue about it and sooner or later WWIII and a half starts in these threads.

I will wait to see where this all leads... it smells fishy to me... but what do I know? Just that ATS USED to be the place that stood back and looked more closely at things before jumping on the band wagon

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Also if a wise man knows nothing why read the wikileaks anyway??? Your still gonna know nothing right?

Wow, you just autofailed every philosophy class ever.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The Wikileaks Employees verified it. That's why they're releasing so few at a time -- so that they can reasonably verify them and remove references to innocents who would be put into danger.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
The Wikileaks Employees verified it. That's why they're releasing so few at a time -- so that they can reasonably verify them and remove references to innocents who would be put into danger.

Okay that helps... but since they are working for Wikileaks that does not make them independent
And have they released any actual cables? or just the retyped ones I see posted in the threads. (haven't been tracking this too closely yet
)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I'm with Wikileaks on releasing the data, I support Julian Assange. But these hackers aren't helping anybody.

These 'hackers' remind me of groups like PETA and GreenPeace... seems like well meaning but in the end do more harm than good

When you attack things that effect the general populace more than the 'enemy' TPTB, then it's like shooting yourself in the foot... your popular support goes down the drain and YOU become the enemy

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

tttp said the following:

Way to go ANON. I'm officially NOT supporting you anymore.

Which means that he was supporting them until their actions affected him personally. That also means that if they had for example gone after Western Union or other company, in the process affecting other people's livelihood instead of his, he would still be supporting them.

You see the problem?

Well Said, schrodingers dog, Tis' Is A Major Problem!!!

As Valve's Infamous Barney Said; "YOU THINK IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU!"

Bump As More Need To Consider Your Opinion And Consider The Ramifications Of The "ME GENERATION".

Warmest Regards,

t

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I understand what you're getting at here Zorgon, but how many people who have been named in some of these cables would jump at the chance of denying the evidence unless there was some truth in it?

Here's an example regarding the state of corruption in Tunisia. I found it today and it makes me feel sick:

Corruption In Tunisia - What's Yours Is Mine

- All in the Family
President Ben Ali's extended family is often cited as the nexus of Tunisian corruption. Often referred to as a quasi-mafia, an oblique mention of "the Family" is enough to indicate which family you mean. Seemingly half of the Tunisian business community can claim a Ben Ali connection through marriage, and many of these relations are reported to have made the most of their lineage.

Ben Ali's wife, Leila Ben Ali, and her extended family -- the Trabelsis -- provoke the greatest ire from Tunisians. Along with the numerous allegations of Trabelsi corruption are often barbs about their lack of education, low social status, and conspicuous consumption. While some of the complaints about the Trabelsi clan seem to emanate from a disdain for their nouveau riche inclinations, Tunisians also argue that the Trabelsis strong arm tactics and flagrant abuse of the system make them easy to hate.

Leila's brother Belhassen Trabelsi is the most notorious family member and is rumored to have been involved in a wide-range of corrupt schemes from the recent Banque de Tunisie board shakeup (Ref B) to property expropriation and extortion of bribes. Leaving the question of their progenitor aside, Belhassen Trabelsi's holdings are extensive and include an airline, several hotels, one of Tunisia's two private radio stations, car assembly plants, Ford distribution, a real estate development company, and the list goes on. (See Ref K for a more extensive list of his holdings.) Yet, Belhassen is only one of Leila's ten known siblings, each with their own children. Among this large extended family, Leila's brother Moncef and nephew Imed are also particularly important economic actors.

Have we heard a single word from President Ben Ali or his extended family regarding these revelations? No, because then they would have to answer questions. If they were not true then they could speak out, try to clear their names, the silence hides what I believe to be guilt and the first to speak out would immediately gain the focus, something I believe any corrupt person is afraid of.

This is only one example out of hundreds where actual names have been given and nothing has been heard from the corrupt parties.

Regardless of Wikileaks true identity, history or origins the information is now out there, I have not heard of any claims of denial and to presume all these people would be innocent of what we are reading just seems rediculous.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

So, you only accept one form of payment?

Sounds like you can't do business because you didn't want to take the time to setup a backup or secondary payment system.

That's your own fault.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

I think the problem with Anons form of attack can be summed up quite simply.
The OP that had nothing at all to do with Julian Assange lost profit from it.

Ebay / Paypals stock on the other hand went up 1.12% on the Nasdaq, link So who exactly did the attack hurt?

Let me give you a clue, It wasn't Paypal
edit on 10-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Well you could allways use the Mossad hitman (Yuval Tal) Payoneer.

Yuval Tal of Payoneer.

Can you find his picture on Interpols suspect list?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Uh, that's EBAY's stock quote. That's an entire organization of which Paypal is a part. Is there any reason to think that this change has anything to do with Paypal and not with the Christmas season being a boon for EBAY? How does the change differ from the change on other days without the attack?

Correlation =/= Causation works on several levels.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

There is no correlation apart from the fact that the attack didn't effect ebay or paypal one tiny bit but it did effect the OP.

So who exactly were they attacking, who did it benefit, and for what purpose?

edit on 10-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
So who exactly were they attacking, who did it benefit, and for what purpose?

The fact that it was all over the MSN and we are discussing it in this 30+ page thread should tell you that.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It's very unfortunate that you were caught in the cross fire but as the US military would say about civilian casualties "It's just collateral damage". I'm not excusing what ANON has done to you just giving a logical reason why it happened.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
reply to post by zorgon

you mean the names of the Afghani informants that the taliban is hunting down?

Oh, how kind of them.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GeisterFahrer

Okay, part 1: That was a completely different leak, and these strict protocols were not in place at the time.

Part 2: There were a great number of redacted names in that leak anyway

Part 3: There is no evidence that there are any informants being hunted down by the Taliban. The most recent news reports are either about the SHIELD act or about, look at that, how there's no evidence that anyone's been put in danger! Who has actually been targetted? Show me one name and some evidence that they're in danger because of any of these leaks.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Unfortunately, that is what happens because paypal has PISSPOOR security measures, yu should take your business elsewhere. Just saying if they can do this obviously paypal is not very well protected. Not saying it gives these idiot hackers the right. I think they are attacking the wrong people IMO. What I think they should be going for is the IRS and the FED RES and knocking their systems down, of course, that would affect us all, but the point would get across much better especially when three quarters of the nation is P'oed they can't get their money. Unfortunately though, I know that their security measures are top notch and impossible to attack so ANON is going after the vulnerable ones, but that doesn't make it right. It sure isn't fair, but they say "All's fair in love and war" And what we have here is a financial war. So I really don't know what else I can say. I really feel for those that use these services at this time, unfortunately you guys are collateral damage. I hope though this doesn't happen for long and paypal figures out a way to run again and builds better security measures. If I were you I would be mad too!
I take what I said back, this is all over wikileaks? Ugh who cares half the stuff they put out is absurd...wth?
What a waste of good hacking resources jesus!

edit on 11-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32 >>

join