It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANON Has Shut Down My Business--Paypal Related

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

Forget all the stuff you've been reading that makes this organization look like some sort of cause oriented group. They aren't. They are a random association of mostly people from 17-34 who only care about getting themselves off.

What you describe is your typical, brave revolutionary -- GREAT GUYS -- YEA, YEA, YES!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dilligaf28
reply to post by Xavialune

I think the whole paypal made a mistake thing is a matter of opinion. It is your opinion that PayPal made a mistake and it is another's opinion that they did not make a mistake.

From your point of view you they did something you don't agree with and yes you should exercise your ability to choose another method of conducting transactions online. However, PayPal's actions may not be questionable to everyone. There are those whom would say Wikileaks is damaging to our national security and that they must be stopped. That is their opinion and they have every right to continue to do business with PayPal should they choose to do so; or even to increase their relationship with PayPay in support of their actions.

Are you to tell me that you feel entitled to your opinion and course of action but think they should be denied there opinion and subsequent course of action? If you feel this way please explain why it is ok for you to feel and act a certain way but not ok for PayPal and how your view is different from a totalitarian, authoritarian, or autocratic viewpoint?

It isnt my 'opinion' that paypal made a mistake. paypal obviously DID make a mistake because they are being attacked right now! Th information is out there that paypal is a puppet of the government. Some people may not view their actions as questionable but personally I think this has much more to do with the fact that they just don't know or are too stupid to ask the right questions.

Of course they are entitled to their opinion that wikileaks is bad and paypal is the mother who will nurture them and bring them their money (and stab them in the back while theyre at it). You are entitled to your opinion, but I am entitled to call out someone's opinion that is blatantly uneducated, and in the case of paypal, an opinion that is clearly politically motivated and rises against the cause for freedom os speech. Yes, I will speak out against opinions like that. you aqre entitled to have them, but don't except no flak for it.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

In my version of the analogy, the cop doesn't get his power cut off. He gets an overdue notice and maybe has to pay a little late fee. The cop barely suffers.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xavialune

It isnt my 'opinion' that paypal made a mistake. paypal obviously DID make a mistake because they are being attacked right now!

... Dude that's akin to saying "they arrested him, so he must have done something wrong."

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

This is what's wrong with many of us today. You see, change effects people. Not just those in the next state, county or those next door. But it'll effect you too. We can't expect to sit on the side lines and watch change take place, we're going to be put right dab smack in the middle of it when we expect it the least. And if you're really wanting change to happen, you'll understand the risks. Because there are risks involved.

If you can't cope with the risks, then I'm sorry. I also have been screwed by Paypal, but my beef isn't with Anon, it's with the jerks who caused Anon to do what they do. If Paypal would have shown a little more backbone (which I knew they wouldn't because they're worried about money and nothing else) this wouldn't have happened. You wouldn't have been hurt as well as I.

Now this is just a little thing. What would happen if you wake up one morning to find out that you couldn't run your business at all because of mass riots?

We just have to understand that if we really want things to change, we're going to suffer. Not forever, but for a short while until things level out a bit.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis
reply to post by hawkiye

In my version of the analogy, the cop doesn't get his power cut off. He gets an overdue notice and maybe has to pay a little late fee. The cop barely suffers.

And where do all the innocent people losing food off thier tables come in in your version?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Okay seriously can you explain exactly how 8 hours of lost service is taking food off of anyones table? Then I can work it into my analogy.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

I have to totally agree on that because I say the same thing

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Hey Gang,

Just wanted to point out that this ANON group which is apparently "helping" by doing DDOS attacks on Paypal are hurting businesses all accross the world.

Mine for example.

Our payment transaction systems are all done through Paypal and as of about 3 hours ago I am unable to collect payments from my customer's in any sort of way.

Way to go ANON. I'm officially NOT supporting you anymore.

~Keeper
edit on 12/8/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

You sound like a selfish clueless person. This is the beginning of the end of internet freedom and the start of net censorship. This has to stop what paypal is doing, one day imagine if they, the government or paypal doesn't like what you sell or your service, then they can just suspend your paypal service. I hate it when people only think in the box and about them self. I say the citizens of the internet should stop using paypal, visa and mastercard for one day aka boycott, tho it is hard to do but it will send out a strong message.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis

Originally posted by Xavialune

It isnt my 'opinion' that paypal made a mistake. paypal obviously DID make a mistake because they are being attacked right now!

... Dude that's akin to saying "they arrested him, so he must have done something wrong."

it does not translate to an analogy of being arrested...people are arrested for breaking the law. paypal is being attacked because while it was in its legal T&C rights to deny wikileaks, their actions caused unrest, especially because their decision was political in nature. you mean to say we should not attack the actions of politicians when we feel they have made wrong decisions?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
You used to support them? I call this karma.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The only message I see from Anon is the same message all thieves communicate.

"Your hard work now belong to us"

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by upnorthtrip

anyone who is trying to blame paypal is retarded. they arent the ones asking to be DDoS'd. all you little wikilinks beazies need to stop being butt hurt over assange going down.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

The same imagination that has you believing innocents are losing food off their tables ... or did you just join this depressed economy this morning?
8 hrs of interference and you perceive the absolute worst, really?
sad to think how quickly you would die should the electrical grids go down ... sad to consider that your children (if you have any) and their grandchildren will still be paying for Our error in allowing this monstrosity of abuses to continue without DOING anything ... how will your conscience survive?

When you look beyond the $$$$, can you quell the fear in your child's eyes? are you capable of absorbing the losses for those who've suffered for the years and generations it has taken to get to this point? ... will your children be capable of absorbing the ignorance that will be required to maintain the status quo?

What will they think of your actions or lack thereof? Will they be proud that mommy/daddy were herded like cattle and stripped of their integrity? Will they want to emulate you? these answers are as variable as the opinions presented and unlike most, i prefer my children learn that success is measured by sacrifice, not dollars and cents.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I mean no disrespect, but deal with it. It was your choice to run a buisness online, your choice to use PayPal, and your choice to act like a sheep. It's not the problem of anyone but you. If you don't like the way things are going online, get off the internet. We don't need more uninformed crybabies around here.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I can't believe what I'm hearing. You have a priority problem, people. Anonymous is not an independent group, Anonymous is the embodyment of digital popular unrest. Ignore it now and the next you will have will be either a totalitarian regimen or wholesale riots.

Focus your outrage towards the government conspiring behind your backs to turn you into a murderous and ruined country, a pathetic shade of what you could have been, rather than towards the ones that are making you hear the alarm.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If these attacks didn't affect people like yourself, then it would be a pointless action.
By upsetting people like yourself, you are then meant to apply pressure on Paypal to change their behavior.
It's not nice, but it's more effective than waving a flag about and shouting alot.
Just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by Blaine91555
You can't fix the world, by destroying the world. Hero's lead, Losers engage in violence and criminal acts. Anon are Losers.

As do/are many of the entities exposed in the Wikileaks files to start with. THEY are destroying the world.

Shame your passion isn't focused on those who should not be trusted in the FIRST place eh?
edit on 9/12/2010 by nerbot because: stuff

What an incredible assumption to make! Because I know that Anon is just a bunch of thugs and bullies, means I'm not concerned about the corruption in government and big business? That's a good example of a lack of thought.

I've lived through this before. You think the 1960's were any different. One difference is I've grown up and have the maturity to know who these thugs are. We had the same back then and if anything it was worse. Everyone acts like this is new just because they are too young and inexperienced.

These people who believe taking their anger out in a way that harms innocent people are children in adults bodies at best and here on ATS I'm sure many are actual adolescents who think it's cool to support this kind of senseless activity. Actions have consequences. If your actions harm innocent people, you are the problem.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

You clearly have no idea about who Anon is, you have likely extracted your opinion from the media.

On a side not, so harming innocents is bad, how is that policy of abducting innocent people from their countries, torturing them in Guantanamo and then bully the nativa countries of that very same people into not pressing charges working out for ya? You don't seem to mind those thugs and bullies whose salary you are actually paynig.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Isn't paypal the middleman here?

Big brother came and stepped on his toes.

paypal said ouch, and removed their foot out from under the pressure.

Every action causes a reaction.

Let us not forget who the bad guy is here, shall we?
edit on (12/9/1010 by loveguy because: edit

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join