It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New "Godzilla" Stealth Ship to Stalk Japanese Whalers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I admire those guys!! They stand up for what they believe in, and are against what's wrong. More people should be like them!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Haha, they need to let the Jap's sink more of their ships if they just get cooler ones each time.

But that's pretty cool. I support small independent hunting of whales which absolutely rely on whaling to survive, but what the Jap's do is unacceptable. I'd also like to see them come up here to Norway to stop the whaling here.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I've always felt it's not our or Sea Shepard's place to tell the Japanese what they should or shouldn't hunt or eat.

In the same way there's not much effort put into having Koreans and Chinese stop eating Fido, the Hindu's don't go around harassing bovine farmers with spray paint or Muslims/Jews don't camp outside pig farms with multi-million dollar pieces of equipment.

We have no right to expect the Japanese to follow along with our moral expectations or feel any differently towards the whales they kill, just because we in the rest of the world are outraged by the practice.

Plus, they're the only people in history that were ever nuked, surely they can have a few whales for that one - just not all of them (their extinction in theory would actually affect the whalers more adversely than anyone else, so I'm sure that's been taken into consideration)

Seriously, how many better ways could the money these boats cost have been put to use?
edit on 7-12-2010 by Scottoffee because: Sp.

<< 1  2   >>

join