It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halo around sun 12/02/10 Seen from So Cal. I have questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
So on my way out to pick up my boy from school I noticed a halo around the sun. I've never seen this before and I'm sure that theres a good scientific explanation for it. I took a succession of pics from my droid at about 2:35pm to 2:55pm of the halo. In these pics is also another object that I cannot tell what it is. A sundog? OR NOT? There is only one at a time and it actually moves across the sky if you look at the pics in order. Also as it travelled from right to left it stopped just outside of the halo on the left side and turned into a "rainbow" patch. It's much more vibrant than my pictures show. It was a patch of rainbow, very colorful. It went away several times then came back. I the last pics you will also see a contrail crossing directly in front of the sun, but is it a contrail? I cannot see the end of it fraying or dispersing. Looks like whatever made it cut through very fast like.

I'd really like some good rock solid explanations on this. Just for a note, I don't believe in Planet X and I don't think the glowing object/orb is a planet, it moved too fast through the pics. I took the pics on my droidx and I lost 3g connection and couldn't get the pics uploaded to FB or text them to my husband. Did the Halo cause this disruption?

Here are the pics on photobucket

smg.photobucket.com...
edit on 3-12-2010 by favouriteslave because: added link

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

you forgot to add the pics!
eta: spoke to soon!
eta: very cool, I have no answers but it reminds me of something similar I saw one day, I have a pic also, will look for it.

edit on 3-12-2010 by iamnot because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2010 by iamnot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
See I started this post earlier but we lost internet connection at home too for 4 hours! So when it went back online I hit the submit button! LOL I forgot that I was in the middle of trying to add the link when I lost connection

I went back and added it right away!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Here's a great site that breaks it all down. It's a great site for looking at anything in the sky. Atmospheric Optics

It's all really standard stuff that lots of people have never noticed.
I never noticed how many "rainbows" are actually in the cloud. The first time I noticed, was on the way home from my Grandmother's funeral. The second was after my other Grandmother's funeral. I read up on them, started looking for them, and can find them pretty much any partly cloudy day.

But still thing of my Grandmas everytime I see one.

edit on 3-12-2010 by stars15k because: typo

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

you have time warners? my connection was lost for a while too! yea I saw some circle stuff but it was just jet contrail

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeBoss

Yes Time warners. I finally called after 3 hrs of waiting. About an hour later they got it back up

I totally understand that there are many kinds of rainbow and phenomena that create them. I was wondering what created the halo and the spot that moved all over around the sun. My pictures are in order and over a period of 15-20 minutes.

The trail is another question. If you notice the pics right before you see that final sharp fine trail that it wasn't there. Normally the trail will start to dissipate at the end, this one didn't and it appeared quite suddenly. I wonder what it was.

Earlier that day I took pics of a Lockheed L1011 crossing right over us leaving a tri-trail. My friend told me those aren't very popular anymore. I wonder why it was flying over Santa Clarita CA, are they really still in service?

Here is that pic

img.photobucket.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Here's a pic I took of a similar bright dot in the sky one day. The sun was to my left and a little further back. I couldn't get a shot of both the sun and the dot to show the difference. Yours seems much more radiant and reflective though. Perhaps because it was in the same shot as the sun?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/03a00f44a47f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The sun was reflecting off of ice crystals in the troposphere.

No biggie, but very cool pics.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Ok cool. I kind of figured that is what caused the halo.

Any idea of the other things?

new topics

top topics

join