It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this? A Knights of Columbus Freemason pin???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
KofC are just another splinter from the Knights Templar. This, I believe, is commonly known. Just like the York or Scottish Rites. its just like Lions or Rotary International; ties to KT and all that but today, for 99.999% of their members they are just charity/social clubs.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

Absolutely not, they have NOTHING to do with the Masons or Shriners, here is their history here:

www.kofc.org...

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by chief_counsellor

I wonder if there wasn't some joint project or charity event with the K of C and masons? That surely is an odd pin. Maybe it's because you guys are trying to take over masonry just before you take over the world. I mean, everyone knows that the top 2% of K of C guys are NWO right?

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I agree netdude. Probably a commemorative
for a joint project atwixt the groups. Fundraiser, social event, etc.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This is similar to the t-shirts we had made for our joint Masons/Kinghts fundraiser we did last year. The proceeds went to a young girl who was burned badly to help mitigate the expenses the family was incurring by traveling to the Shriner's Hospital each week.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Knights of Columbus = Catholic Freemasons
and they got a good insurance program LOL
edit on 12/1/2010 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

The Knights Of Colunbus are in no way realated to the FreeMorons. As far as I know the K.O.C. are not a secrete socitey. They are more like a V.F.W. or the American Legin. all three of the Groups that I talked about are not out to Control the world and Enslave the people.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Govenor

Gov, I'm a member of the knights, they TRY to be like the freemasons....thats all I can say

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I'm a Knight as well, Homer, in what ways do we try to be like the Freemasons????

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

Just because he has a ring doesn't make him sponsored. Freemasons don't recruit. And who said that he was given the ring?

reply to post by onequestion

Official Catholic policy is that any parishioner found to be a Freemason is to be excommunicated.

reply to post by vcwxvwligen

You really shouldn't speak for others. Maybe its a man who is a member of both.

reply to post by Govenor

You really shouldn't be using stupid insults like that as all it does is show you have nothing of substance to bring to the table. Nor have you presented any evidence that the Freemasons do anything wrong. All you have done is use illogical, irrational, and fear-mongering arguments. You're a mouth piece for hatred and nothing more, and not a very informed one at that.
edit on 3-12-2010 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
From my understanding , at least in my district, theres never been any bad blood between the two organizations. Just last year at fraternity week at the two colleges in town (one a cal state university) our lodges booth was next to the local KoC chapter's booth and we had a ball together. I even professed that i was raised Catholic and had fallen out of the fold in earlier years, to which some of the Knights just chuckled and understood why.

I think most of the bad blood that supposedly exists is because back in the day (maybe still currently... not sure) Freemasons were labeled by Catholics to be some form of heresy or another.... you know the usual business of misunderstanding the Order.

Regardless of that, though, that is one neat pin. Up until now I haven't seen anything like it on the ample Masonic regalia I have looked at.

Thank you for sharing!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

Official Catholic policy is that any parishioner found to be a Freemason is to be excommunicated.

Thanks for clearing that up, Bro.

Your response motivated me to go directly to the source for canon law... at least a solid reference any way:

Q:
“What is the Catholic Church's official position on Freemasonry? Are Catholics free to become Freemasons?”

A:
Freemasonry is incompatible with the Catholic faith. Freemasonry teaches a naturalistic religion that espouses indifferentism, the position that a person can be equally pleasing to God while remaining in any religion.

Masonry is a parallel religion to Christianity. The New Catholic Encyclopedia states, "Freemasonry displays all the elements of religion, and as such it becomes a rival to the religion of the Gospel. It includes temples and altars, prayers, a moral code, worship, vestments, feast days, the promise of reward or punishment in the afterlife, a hierarchy, and initiation and burial rites."

Masonry is also a secret society. Its initiates subscribe to secret blood oaths that are contrary to Christian morals. The prospective Mason swears that if he ever reveals the secrets of Masonry - secrets which are trivial and already well-known - he wills to be subject to self-mutilation or to gruesome execution. (Most Masons, admittedly, never would dream of carrying out these punishments on themselves or on an errant member).

Historically, one of Masonry's primary objectives has been the destruction of the Catholic Church; this is especially true of Freemasonry as it has existed in certain European countries. In the United States, Freemasonry is often little more than a social club, but it still espouses a naturalistic religion that contradicts orthodox Christianity. (Those interested in joining a men's club should consider the Knights of Columbus instead.)

The Church has imposed the penalty of excommunication on Catholics who become Freemasons. The penalty of excommunication for joining the Masonic Lodge was explicit in the 1917 code of canon law (canon 2335), and it is implicit in the 1983 code (canon 1374).

Because the revised code of canon law is not explicit on this point, some drew the mistaken conclusion that the Church's prohibition of Freemasonry had been dropped. As a result of this confusion, shortly before the 1983 code was promulgated, the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith issued a statement indicating that the penalty was still in force. This statement was dated November 26, 1983 and may be found in Origins 13/27 (Nov. 15, 1983), 450.

catholic.com
So according to the code of canon law this is still in full effect... I guess among certain catholics there may be a slight dissension from that law.

I also found it interesting that catholics refer to us as a religion. While the parallels are certainly there, most Freemasons celebrate their differences because only through acceptance of another's beliefs can we succeed as a community. I know there are plenty of catholics in the world who don't have any problems with Freemasonry. And I'm also fairly sure that there might be some real rebels in the mix who are practicing catholics, and also active Masons. They must be heretics.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'm not for secret society's i'v stated that more then once but as far as The Knights of Columbus gos i have a few friends that are members and even have drank at there club/bar but as far as i know The Knights of Columbus aren't a secret society none of my friends had to do any rituals or anything close to that to join....

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by King Seesar

Unless you consider the habitual drinking of christ's symbolic blood and eating his symbolic body every Sunday ritual....

Naaaaaaa.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by King Seesar

Unless you consider the habitual drinking of christ's symbolic blood and eating his symbolic body every Sunday ritual....

Naaaaaaa.

but that's different. It's a religion........wait , what?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
we're similar in the way of the induction ceremony...all hush hush, cant talk about it etc etc...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

and in the fact that your goal is to help particular charities, and that your meetings are like business meetings with ritual involved. You open and close with a prayer, you don't let just anyone come in to your meetings, you have to be a member in order to go. Things like that?
edit on 4-12-2010 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Could mean "Kindred of Columba" not Knight of Clumba could also be Kt of St Columba

Stemming from the Irish family lineage of Saint Columba (521-597), the Sacred Kindred became the royal ecclesiastical seat of the Kings of Scots, attached to the Celtic Church in Scotland. The key Columban centres were on the island of Iona and on the Scottish mainland at Dunkeld and Dull. Today, the Sacred Kindred provides the chaplaincy for the Noble Order of the Guard of St. Germain.

graal.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Ha, i'm not gonna front i believe in Christ consider my self Christian so i have no problem with those so called "rituals" but i dont believe in organized religion like 501C3 church's and such because i feel there corrupt.

I'm not familiar with any rituals regarding Knights of Columbus like i said as far as i know there not a secret society truth be told it seemed to me to be more like a veterns club no esoteric teachings or anything occult stuff like that.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

and in the fact that your goal is to help particular charities, and that your meetings are like business meetings with ritual involved. You open and close with a prayer, you don't let just anyone come in to your meetings, you have to be a member in order to go. Things like that?
edit on 4-12-2010 by network dude because: (no reason given)

And let's be honest, our primary similarity comes down to two words: car emblems.

That's what it's truly all about.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The only emblems on my minivan is my American flag and US Army emblem

<< 1    3 >>

join