It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARS: wouldnt it be funny?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
perhaps, for the benefit of those missing the humour gene, i should have put "funny" rather than simply funny. i meant, wouldnt it be a major blow to mankind if Mars turned out to be inside the goldilocks principle.

and i would love it if some of you could find pictures etc that might just begin to back some of this up.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Yes it would be funny, but only if no one suspects it, and it comes as a suprise. Or better yet what if there really are martian's and they think that earth is a desolate barren planet as well. Got to admit it would be kind of funny.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I suppose it would also be "funny" if little red-pointy-hatted bearded garden gnomes were actually the shadow government that ran the world. I mean, it's possible -- yeah?

Or perhaps there really is something behind the "moon is made of cheese" fable, and TPTB are not telling us because the "elite" plan to use that cheese as emergency food rations for themselves and their families after the coming 2012 disaster. It could be true.

Why only stop with "The Nazis and rich people have been living together on an Earth-like Mars since the 1940s" when there are so many other "wouldn't it be funny if..." scenarios to talk about?

My examples above may have been extreme, but my point is that there are many "what if" scenarios out there -- Does that mean that all of these kinds of scenarios should have their own threads?

edit on 11/29/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ewokdisco

If you think we have reasons NOT to believe the accepted idea that Mars has a very thin atmosphere not fit for humans, then why should we believe someone who says otherwise?

They would need really really good evidence that not just trumps -- but tramples on and spits on -- the accepted understanding of an extremely thin atmosphere that science has presented to us. In other words, if you think the present scientific evidence is questionable, what makes you think that some other person's evidence to the contrary would not be questionable as well?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Please present whatever evidence you have and let the community respond. Otherwise this thread is just as big a waste of time as 75% of the rest of the ones on here.

<< 1   >>

join