It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Obama campaign advisor arrested for soliciting sex from minor

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Rep. Steve Rothman (D-NJ) fired his chief of staff Robert Decheine Tuesday after his arrest last week on a charge of soliciting sex from a minor.

Forty-eight-year old Decheine, who was a senior adviser to Barack Obama's presidential campaign in 2008, was arrested in Gaithersburg, Maryland last Friday during a police sting.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: www.rawstory.com...

It just goes to show that you should be careful of the company that you keep, especially when you are a politician and this company is a campaign advisor.

If you can't even judge character in a way to purge yourself or your campaign with creeps who solicit children for sex, then how could you possibly imagine to judge the character of those you appoint to various public offices? Eitherway you look it at, this guy is a loser. He was either too stupid to stay away from the highly publicized sting operations that catch pedophiles, or he was to stupid to stay away from those stings and a creep enough to solicit sex from teenagers.

Being able to judge character is an extremely important part of being a leader. If you lack that ability, then you lack the ability of being a good leader. Now, I'm under no illusion that we should fault Obama for this guy's sick version of his getting his rocks off, but when you combine this slip up in judging character with all of the other slimebags around Obama, it starts to paint a pretty good picture of either Obama's ability to judge character or his lack of caring.

--airspoon

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It has nothing to do with being able to judge character, and everything to do with Politicians being, in general, closet homosexuals, adulterers, prostitute solicitors, and beastiality fetish fiends.
Maybe its a side effect that comes with that level of power lust.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Meh, I hate having to put the tin foil hat on...it's itchy..

Anyway.. could be true on face value or could be that he was setup because he ticked someone off. Problem is that once you are accused publicly of being a sexual predator, you are guilty even before indictment and even if you are acquitted, you are still guilty in the eyes of the people.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Being able to judge character is an extremely important part of being a leader. If you lack that ability, then you lack the ability of being a good leader...

Please explain how to do this? Everyone, no matter how far from the central orbit of your sphere of influence, who is levels away from your day-to-day encounter? Someone who, even if you meet at all, would be briefly, and certainly not on any level where intimate conversations, and inter-action, and chance to "judge character" may occur. Can YOU "judge" a character, to that degree, from a casual meeting? IF a person is determined to HIDE their dirty secrets away from YOUR view?

Mind reading???

I don't think you fully understand the Human capacity to act, wear masks, and otherwise "fit in" when they need to.

Aren't there ample examples of people who have been found out to have acted in ways that some would think were "out of character"....even to their closest family members, loved ones, and every day work colleagues??

"Going Postal" comes to mind.

So does Sen. Larry Craig. Or, just about any of the other prominent political names, and celebrities that have hit the news in the last, oh...several decades (and longer)........

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

Rep. Steve Rothman (D-NJ) fired his chief of staff Robert Decheine Tuesday after his arrest last week on a charge of soliciting sex from a minor.

Forty-eight-year old Decheine, who was a senior adviser to Barack Obama's presidential campaign in 2008, was arrested in Gaithersburg, Maryland last Friday during a police sting.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: www.rawstory.com...

It just goes to show that you should be careful of the company that you keep, especially when you are a politician and this company is a campaign advisor.

If you can't even judge character in a way to purge yourself or your campaign with creeps who solicit children for sex, then how could you possibly imagine to judge the character of those you appoint to various public offices? Eitherway you look it at, this guy is a loser. He was either too stupid to stay away from the highly publicized sting operations that catch pedophiles, or he was to stupid to stay away from those stings and a creep enough to solicit sex from teenagers.

Being able to judge character is an extremely important part of being a leader. If you lack that ability, then you lack the ability of being a good leader. Now, I'm under no illusion that we should fault Obama for this guy's sick version of his getting his rocks off, but when you combine this slip up in judging character with all of the other slimebags around Obama, it starts to paint a pretty good picture of either Obama's ability to judge character or his lack of caring.

--airspoon

Maybe he's a very good judge of character, just choosing sleaze bags.

second

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I read the story and it sounds like entrapment but im sure they had their lawyers pick the legal definition of entrapment apart before they placed the ad.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

if you want to find out if an apointee is a perve make him work one shift with the TSA
hook his wee wee upto an erectileometer and see what sets it off

the government btw, has been bragging about their mind reading machines also maybe we could find out if they actually work...
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
PS
entrapement was good enough for Eliot Spitzer
edit on 24-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Being able to judge character is an extremely important part of being a leader. If you lack that ability, then you lack the ability of being a good leader...

Please explain how to do this? Everyone, no matter how far from the central orbit of your sphere of influence, who is levels away from your day-to-day encounter? Someone who, even if you meet at all, would be briefly, and certainly not on any level where intimate conversations, and inter-action, and chance to "judge character" may occur. Can YOU "judge" a character, to that degree, from a casual meeting? IF a person is determined to HIDE their dirty secrets away from YOUR view?

Mind reading???

I totally agree! Every week, I can be buying pizza in a pizza parlor, from a person who's actually a sick maniac and I do not know that. Later, the incident can be billed as I'm socializing with perverts.

Meh.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

but when you combine this slip up in judging character with all of the other slimebags around Obama, it starts to paint a pretty good picture of either Obama's ability to judge character or his lack of caring.

Obama is the only president that's been surrounded by "slimebags", or at least the only one worth bringing up..?

At least be honest about your bias AS - otherwise you're just another tool in the shed...oops, too late.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
So many people on this site are quick to point any attempt to take away our freedoms or get away from what are founding fathers wanted. You should be just as quick to say "innocent until proven guilty".

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Oh, and I forgot to add, occurred later....remember Chris Hansen, and "To Catch A Predator" sting shows??

Look at this guy, this twenty-something....and imagine you met him on the street (or he served you pizza, as BH suggested)....could YOU tell that he was a horn-dog, willing to prey on underage girls?? Just by looking at him, and barely interacting with him?:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOL!! Oh, my...just saw the result, as the YT video freeze-framed, in the post....not a good split-second face capture....but, watch the full video, and don't judge that unfortunate moment of time that was frozen there....can make anyone look bad. Even me!

edit on 24 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

If I am a leader, then I need to be able to ensure that I can appoint and delegate my duties up to standard. Being a good judge of character is one of the first things you learn in the Army's primary leadership development course (to make Sergeant or above), though it surely resonates outside of the military too. It is the most single important role one has a leader. If any of my appointments or delagates screws up, it is my responsibility, as everything from me down is ultimately my responsibility, regardless of whether it was "someone else". Sure, you have no way of knowing other peoples' sexual desires and I get that, however you should be able to judge whether or not someone is stupid enough to get caught in a "predator" sting operation.

Some people are born leaders and just get that gut feeling about others. It's subtle clues, things like they way they talk or carry themselves, whether or not they have sweaty palms or how they treat others. A good leader will be able to pick the best people.

"Now the general is the pillar of the State: if the pillar has mastered all points of war, the State will be
strong; if the pillar is defective, the State will be weak." --Sun Tzu, Art of War

--airspoon

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

If I am a leader, then I need to be able to ensure that I can appoint and delegate my duties up to standard. Being a good judge of character is one of the first things you learn in the Army's primary leadership development course (to make Sergeant or above)

Right. As we all know, there are always a number of sick and twisted individuals in the Army just like in ANY other group of people. Does this mean that every officer needs to resign, up to Commander in Chief? Does a colonel judge the character of every private?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Absolutely, though not every private, just those in his direct chain of command. When an officer takes command, he generally will fire all those who he feels may not be up to the job and hire those who will be, within reason of course. It happens all of the time. For the last 6 or so years of my Army career, I was brought over by my boss, everytime he took a new command, along with many others. Of course is was ultimately up to me, but because I trusted his ability to judge character, I trusted him as a leader and in turn, those under me presumably trusted me.

With privates a lower ranking officers and enlisted, it is the job of the leaders to mold them into good character. Obama took this guy onto advise his campaign and his appointments to other offices and positions seem to have the same flaw. Cass Sustein comes to mind, as does a few others.

--airspoon
edit on 24-11-2010 by airspoon because: 2nd paragraph

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
When interviewed every single one of Jeffrey Dahmer's neighbors agreed that Dahmer was a quiet but well spoken, intelligent, and a "nice" person. Willing to hold doors for the elderly, was really "good with children", and an overall perfect "gentleman".
This man was able to fool everyone around him, while at the same time, he had human body parts in his freezer just waiting to be eaten.
Some masks are impenetrable, no matter how "Good a judge of character" you are.

Not to mention, what role did the girl play? Did she lie about her age to be with an older guy, as is common with teens? If the girl was 17, but looked 25, the story is pointless.

edit on 24-11-2010 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
If you are the CEO of a business and one of your managers screws up, sure it will be on the manager, but it will also be on you for not hiring or paying attention to your lieutnenants. It is ultimately the responsibility of the leader. If a leader can't correctly judge character, then he won't be a good leader, obviously. That is just how it goes and this is generally what makes the difference between an effective leader and a non-effective leader, as noted from many notable leaders in our history, from Washington to Lee to Sun Tzu.

The picking of delegates (or those you delegate responsibility) is the biggest job of a leader and will decide on whether you succeed or not or what kind of job is done. Obviously if you are a politician, it is your job to pick leaders who won't solicit children for sex or who don't advocate breaking the Constitution.

As far as Jefferey Dahmer, his neighbors weren't tasked with picking Dahmer, nor leading him. In otherwords they weren't his keeper, as is the case with a leader to his delegates. Had the neighbors picked Dahmer for baby-sitting their children, then their leadership skills their (to their children) would have been obvious, had those children been murdered.

Not to mention, what role did the girl play? Did she lie about her age to be with an older guy, as is common with teens? If the girl was 17, but looked 25, the story is pointless.

Presumably not, seeing how it was a sting operation.

Look, I'm not saying Obama is responsible for this guy's sexual deviation or presumed sexual deviation, only that Obama is clearly lacking in the character judging department, thus the leadership department. To pick a guy to lead your political campaign that is obviously stupid enough to get rounded up in a police sting, when these stings are highly publicizied, shows your inability to pick to quality people. However and with that being said, everyone makes mistakes and nobody is perfect, though this seems to be a repeative trait with Obama. Cass Sustein and Elena Kagan both come to mind, as does the plethora of other seemingly corrupt or anti-liberty (Constitutional) personalities.

From my leadership experience, both in and outside of the military, I have to judge a persons leadership abilities on the things that really matter. If you hire a contractor to build an addition to your house, yet he contracts a guy who severely screws the pooch, then you are going to blame that contractor, as it is his fault too. He was tasked with a job and failed at that job, as is evident in the pooch being screwed.

--airspoon
edit on 24-11-2010 by airspoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

You're right, but if said CEO hires a manager, and this manager does a superior job, makes the company a ton of money, helps generate ingenious business ideas, and then 20 years later it turns out he makes a hobby out of burying kittens neck deep inhis yard and then going at them with a weed-wacker, how could the CEO have known this without spying on his employees, which is apparently unconstitutional and unethical?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

If his job was to protect kittens and the companies reputation was hurt, then yes he seriously screwed up. However, if his job was to sell toilet paper and the company's reputation wasn't hurt then no, the leader or CEO didn't screw up.

--airspoon

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Obviously if you are a politician, it is your job to pick leaders who won't solicit children for sex or who don't advocate breaking the Constitution.

Im no bama supporter but dude, you cant seriously expect an employer to know every secret, fetish or skeleton in the closet of someone they hire.
Background checks, even the most stringent ones are useless unless the guy has a record and if hes never been caught, he has no record.

If we go by your logic then the citizens of Florida are responsible for electing a member to congress who was caught "sexting" his (underage) male intern or page, whatever they are.
I guess that they just shouldve known right?

Now that doesnt take away from the fact that Obama has surrounded himself with thugs and degenerates.
Its kind of like the football or basketball player finally makes it to the NFL/NBA and decides to hire his childhood from from the ghettos as his manager because he says "you owe me"

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Obama will have Soros kill this story in no time.
Besides, the democratic fund raisers will pay for the best attorneys
that can money can buy.
He'll get off, just watch!
If it goes to the Supreme Court, he will definitely get off.
All he has to do is waive his finger in the camera and say," Ah neveh had sex with...."
Public backlash in 3, 2....
SnF

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join