It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amazing Hidden Truth about "Jon Stewart" AKA Jonathan Leibowitz

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I love him, he's awesome! One of my favorites actually. Hes a comedian, I don't see why his personal life is important. Heck even musicians have other names and a messed up life, but we listen to their music not their personal life.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
A bunch of words...

I have 4 questions about everything you posted:

Yeah?
And?
So?
What?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Would the OP's reaction have been the same if Jon Stewarts real name had been "Jon Stuart Thomson"? rather than "Jon Stuart Leibowitz"? I have a feeling no. People love their jewish banker conspiracies

edit on 22-11-2010 by monkey_descendant because: grammar

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'm not sure what your point is, and you keep repeating information I got (and knew) in the first place. I remember early on that Jon was uncomfortable with the Daily Show and it took him awhile before he enjoyed what he is doing.

I think many believe his Influence is threatening wherein I find that it is because the failure of Big Media to Report any News at all.

I don't agree with Jon all the time, but he sure is Entertaining and possibly the Best Interviewer in America. But Sad he may be the most Trusted Man in America, after all, he is a Comedian.

reply to post by muzzleflash

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
You all seem to be overlooking that fact that he played soccer while at W & M

THE SOCCER TEAM!!

If that doesn't prove that somethings afoot, nothing does.

OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

William and Mary is about as big a secret as the fact that Jefferson was a Virginian.

It's right off I64 in Williamsburg, VA. It has been called the Harvard of the South, and in fact pre-dates Harvard in all but its Royal Charter date.

It is even mentioned in the film and play from 1976 called "1776" by Ken Howard who played Jefferson in an argument with John Adams (William Daniels).

I grew up in eastern Virginia, I've toured the Yorktown battlefield where American independence was secured, and Jamestown where the first successful American colony took root long before the religious fanatics in Mass showed up at Pilgrim rock.

I've sailed over the very waters at the mouth of the Chesapeake where the French Admiral François-Joseph Paul Compte De Grasse kept the British fleet from reinforcing / evacuating the British troops at Yorktown.

And I've been to Colonial Williamsburg, where the very first article of Independence was written and adopted by the Virginia House of Burgesses long before the Continental Congress voted on the Declaration of Independence.

William and Mary is no secret

edit on 22-11-2010 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Heh, the money is all the same at the top. There is always an agenda being set and met, whether you are consciously following along, or being dictated to by subliminal programming: it is still there.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Forgot to mention, Virginia was the first colony to run our Royal Governor lackey into the sea. His highness dissolved the House and so the House reconvened at the Raleigh Tavern and promptly got drunk. Then they stormed the armory and took back the weapons stored there.

CX

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Hi muzzleflash, interesting reading, i'd not heard of this before so thanks for posting.

I'm not sure how much of a conspiracy the whole Jon Stewart and his brother is though. Whilst i can see it looks "interesting" to say the least, could it not be possible that his brother has this financial career and Jon Stewart is totaly seperate from it?

Like OBL. Bin laden is the most wanted man on the planet. His daughter i believe is a pop singer. Thats not to say she goes around blowing things up just because her dad does.

Thanks for the info though, i've only flicked through it so will have a better look later. Some of the most secret things are indeed sometimes in plain sight though, you know what the average human is like though, got their eyes glued to the TV too long to notice.

Cheers.

CX.
edit on 22/11/10 by CX because: spelling

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I used to think Jon Stewart was a funny guy. I always enjoyed his show until his march on Washington. His take on 9/11 is BS and any and all respect I had for the man went out the window that day. He's not funny anymore. He's revolting. He's a shill. Rick Sanchez getting fired for his comments about JS didn't help his cause either.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
Why are you mad at this comedian? CONGRESS passed all this stuff into being, Op. Wall Street and Congress made this mess and you are bringin' hell and high water and revelations itself all down onto this man....get a grip.

And those celebrities you mentioned...they are not siblings are they? Hmmmm....maybe John meets with his brother because they are...well...brothers?

I mean , I don't know. I'm just saying.

1) I was not mad. I was sitting here laughing and having a good old time typing.

2) Jon Stewart is brothers with Tim Geithner? WHO KNEW!?? You did, obviously.

I don't even know why I bother replying to you. You obviously are not reading any of the information at all.

Jon didn't "meet with his brother", Tim Geithner is the US Treasury Secretary, Jon's brother is the NYSE COO.
Please use your reading skills next time. Thanks.

Also maybe tone down the insolence a bit, it's isn't becoming of you.

You asked if this meeting with Geithner had something to do with his stock exchange brother...sorry I got confused in your tangled web of non-sequiturs and a silly list of celebrities that have nothing to do with your thread...let me back out and see if I got this straight...
A closed door meeting with Tim...
A psych degree from the college of William...
And a broker brother makes John the voice of foundation X, and also I'm being insolent...

wow. just wow.

I do use my reading skills OP, but on this thread I'm trying to keep up with how you tie in John Stewart to being the voice of foundation X and it's made my head spin.

I'm glad to know you're not mad. I'm glad to know you were just sitting there laughing when you made this thread...I'm just sitting here laughing myself.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
And Bob Dylan's real name isn't Bob Dylan...you might want to check and see if he has any brothers and who he is friends with...he too might be the voice of foundation X.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
And I love how you completely ignored what I said about Congress and jumped all over the one mistake I made while trying to follow your randomness. Lovely smoke screen...I wonder who's really the one not listening here...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This guy is scum he acts like he is *only* joking when we know he is not just joking when he says some really sick stuff about america... He is in essence the big money big banker big phoney looser.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

We all know who Jon Stewart is right? Host of the Daily Show??

Wrong!!!

His real name is Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz.

Oh noes! I bet ya he wears Ralph Lifsh.itz suits that sneaky bastard!

Stewart was born into a Jewish family in New York City. He and his older brother, Larry Leibowitz (presently Chief Operating Officer of the New York Stock Exchange),[12][13] grew up in Lawrenceville, New Jersey,

Pfff Lawrenceville ... I went to Pennington Prep, we whipped those snooty asshats at soccer every year. But they did beat us at ping-pong.

Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz in fact attended the College of William and Mary in Virginia. A very well hidden college with a vast and unprecedented history that ties into American history deeply.

What is the College of William and Mary in Virginia?? I can't believe no one knows about this!!

Well it's a secret college ... unless of course one has been to Colonial Williamsburg (100 million visitors to date *), Bush Gardens, lives in the Mid-Atlantic area, applied there, watches college sports, or has opened a history book.

So basically the College of William and Mary in Virginia is one of the most prestegious universities in the entire world. And it has been right under our noses the entire time! Yet no one ever mentions it, even around ATS...

I blame the media blamers!

I am giving this theory credance though, because the source of that claim made 4 seperate TRUE and VERIFIED claims that ALMOST NO ONE KNOWS.

Who knew that Jon Stewart was actually Jonathan Leibowitz???
Who knew that his brother, Larry Leibowitz, is the COO of the NYSE??
Who knew that he attended the College of William and Mary in Virginia and majored in Psychology?
Who knew that he was having a secret meeting with Tim Geithner a few months ago discussing the Economy???!!

Well to be fair, not EVERYONE has google search.

As for the rest of your hypothesis, I suppose it's both possible and improbable. Anyone who has the respect and ear of so many is liable to be corrupted ... I for my part have never observed him to be anything other than funny, honest, and a magnificent satirist.

I've come to appreciate your penchant for questioning the motives of those who seem righteous on the surface ... but imho I'm afraid in this case you are over-thinking it. After all just because you hadn't heard of these facts before doesn't by definition make them significant.

edit on 22 Nov 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

What about that closed doors meeting with Tim Geithner where they discussed the "Economy"?

as far as I'm concerned
that was the only part that stuck out
to me. I mean really, what do him and
Tim have to talk about especially in person
and not on the phone?

And didn't Jon recently have his
restore sanity rally? Which was really
an anti-right wing rally. I wonder if Tim
and him were discussing his next
big rally or did it have to do with money?

The name change I completely understand
but I guess Stewart didn't sound as Kosher
for nat. TV.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
What frat was he in? A Google search brings up his IMDB page which says this

Was a member of the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity for six months. During that time, he felt that fraternities had no point and dropped out. He feels no allegiance to PiKA at all.

IMDB
I'm not going to sit here and repeat what others are saying, but I will say this.

I was aware of all those facts about Jon Stewart. Except the private meeting, which I don't have a problem with.

William and Mary is not "hidden" everyone I know knows about it, and come to think about it, most know that info about Jon Stewart too.

Even that he changed his name. Did you know Samuel L Jackson had to put that L in there because there was already a Samuel Jackson? Last I heard, it stands for nothing.

Like other's have said, you may not have out right said that he was a member of "foundation X" but you damn well implied it fully. That's fine though, just don't play coy about it. I understand this is a theory you feel has weight and hell it might, so go with it. You're looking for help for proof, that's admirable.

But as of right now, outside of coincidences, this theory doesn't hold water. Not saying it won't at some point, but right now it's weak sauce. I look forward to seeing if anything else develops though.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Really?

First, it doesn't matter that he took a stage name.

Second, so what if his brother is the COO of the NYSE? He doesn't mention the fact that they are brothers because Larry doesn't want him to.

Reuters

Would he ever go on the Daily Show as a guest? That would be a no. “I probably wouldn’t make a very good guest,” he said, noting he didn’t have any books to plug. “I have tried to fly under the radar.”

I wouldn't exactly call that being dishonest. Nor does it make it a conflict of interest. Especially since Larry also says this:

Leibowitz said his kid brother hasn’t been running to him to ask for advice, even when his show has tackled topics like short selling and high frequency trading.

Thirdly, OMG! Jon Stewart attended a well respected college! I can't believe that someone who comes off as intelligent actually had good schooling.

Fourthly, anyone who would have done a search for it would have found out about Stewart's meeting with Geithner. It wasn't that big of a secret as Geithner's appointments are posted on the Treasury's website for the whole world to see.

You claim this meeting is suspicious. How so? Is it really that far out that when we are in the middle of an economic crisis, the man in charge would meet with an influential news person such as Stewart? The Daily Show has received two Peabody Awards and fourteen Emmys. They have an average of two million viewers every night. That's pretty influential. You do realize that Stewart helps write the show don't you?

Link

“Jon Stewart is influential in America, so we took the opportunity for the two to meet and to discuss the economy,” Treasury spokesman Steve Adamske said in an e-mail yesterday.

John Stewart, through comedy, gets people who otherwise wouldn't pay any attention to politics, to care about the state of our country. I don't see what is wrong about that. God forbid that Americans actually pay attention to what our government is up to.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
A lot of dramatic music is all this thread needs.

Yes a lot of inlfuential people have powerful family members and went to college. The argument re his college can be made about any good college Harvard, Yale, Brown, Princeton etc etc.

Just b/c his brother is successful in no way means he is insincere.

You dug deep to uncover these facts - wikipedia. Available to every human on the planet at a click of a finger.

J.S. speaks the truth no matter his intent. Personally I believe his intent is good. Even if its not he attacks politicians objectively.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
i knew the guy changed his name early on. the chozen are notorious for changing their names. what have they to hide?

well for starters, flip over a dvd, open up a magazine WALK down the aisle of a barnes and noble. over 50% of the names are chozen.

im in the art field, and i have 2% of my friends are chozen. and yet when i walk into a book store, over 50% of the authors are chozen?

so when i see someone who is successful, i google them to see what their name is. if they are chozen, they had it easy, they did not have to work as hard.

jon stewart never had to work hard. now i think he is funny, but he is chozen, so they consider him 'special'

look at it like this.

lets say there are 1000 people. 20 chozen, and 980 'goyam' that is the percentage of chozen in the world.

then, there are 10 cushy entertainment jobs up for grabs.

you have 20 'talented' people trying for 5 job openings.
and you have 980 'goyam' trying for 5 job openings.

so if you are chozen, your road to success is a LOT simpler. based on the odds.

i know a bunch of film makers, and only TWO have made it into sundance. i just found out the 2nd was chozen. he asked me why i would point out such facts! i laughed, and told him to do 2 things.

1. apply for a bunch of low interest loans, he is pretty much guarenteed to get them!
2. apply for any high paying job he can find, and tell them he is chozen. he will probably get it.

i told him, if he started telling people he was chozen, he could easily make 100k next year.

so that is why you know of jon stewart.
he was one of the 20 vying for 5 jobs.

while the rest of 'us' were the 980 vying for 5 jobs.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join