It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News reports possible missile over New York but it's really RODs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Project-Sign
'Rods' have been comprehensively debunked, many times over. They're generally moths, but other flying bugs can appear rodlike aswell under the right conditions. Bugs flying by, close to a camera with a low framerate produce an elongated effect, making it seem rod - like.

You're welcome.
edit on 16-11-2010 by Project-Sign because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2010 by Project-Sign because: (no reason given)

I didn't really want to join this thread because I know what the so-called experts, such as you, are going to say and you said it. You have no concept of what rods are so your criticism isn't worth didley. Rods have never been debunked because those doing the "debunking" also have no idea what they are. So to those reading my words, ignore comments such as made by this poster and just keep an open mind as to another phenomenom that will never be explained here on ATS aside from my positive comments. Know-it-nothing!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Project-Sign

This immediately follows the OP's post....

"rods" have been de-bunked as a peculiar illusionary trick, occurrence or phenomena that occurs when filming bugs.

Although your video on "rods" was illustrative and helpful to people who cannot read, "rods" were already debunked in a prior post and so requesting "thanks" for information already presented is just a tad arrogant, and I think you will agree.

On careful viewing of the OPs video, it appears to be something other than a rod.
Another poster says the video was confiscated.
And our plot thickens.

People who believe they already know what this is, should speak their minds and inform others...
and then try to be content letting others think for themselves. What is wrong with that?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
As a person who personally interviewed the people the next day: I can absolutely positively and unequivocally tell you the FBI showed up at the news station and took the tape.
I suppose that 'moth' was on the top 10-Most Wanted list?

I am not going to waste my time on this thread because it's just going to be another "yes they are/no they're not" volley match. So just believe (or not) in what you will.

Good luck on this thread but you really ought to edit the OP and state the story is 8-years old

(..)

Ahh maturity.
You included some interesting new material to this very old story. Now that you mention it I am starting to remember hearing about this years ago.
Albany has a miniature primeval forest area called the Pine Bush. It doesn't look like much, a small scrubby brush so loaded with tics people don't venture into it....but people claim to see things flying in and out over the Pine Bush area quite often so it is a UFO hotspot.
edit on 17-11-2010 by rusethorcain because: op effectively closed thread

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
nice

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Pine Bush is not a forest but a town. It's about an hour or so south of Albany. So not really that close to this airport. You might be thinking about Pine Gap in Australia?

I lived right smack in the middle of that town (Pine Bush) during the UFO flap of the 80's-90's. I witnessed 3 UFOs at 3 different times. It was because of that that I joined IRAAP in Albany which led me to cover that Rod incident in 2002.

Rods are NOT bugs. Yes, some bugs have been mistaken for Rods but as to date, this phenomenon has not been identified by researchers. Perhaps the PTB knows all about them but, we sheeple 'idiots' don't

The mere fact the FBI took the video from FOX news back in 2002 speaks for itself. And I assure you, they TOOK the video under the auspice (rather OUR assumption) they thought this might've been a missile. Whatever it was (or wasn't) it certainly wasn't a bug, lens flare or some digital anomaly.

It is my opinion Rods are organically real and scientifically unknown.
Maybe when String theory, holographic Universe or worm holes become fact rather than theories (or when CERN blows open the 5th dimension) these mysteries will reveal themselves but until then, people shouldn't purport to know something that's totally unknown. Shows really ignorance.

edit on 17-11-2010 by Human_Alien because: grammar

edit on 17-11-2010 by Human_Alien because: mistake

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Pine Bush is not a forest but a town. It's about an hour or so south of Albany. So not really that close to this airport. You might be thinking about Pine Gap in Australia?

I lived right smack in the middle of that town (Pine Bush) during the UFO flap of the 80's-90's. I witnessed 3 UFOs at 3 different times. It was because of that that I joined IRAAP in Albany which led me to cover that Rod incident in 2002.

Rods are NOT bugs. Yes, some bugs have been mistaken for Rods but as to date, this phenomenon has not been identified by researchers. Perhaps the PTB knows all about them but, we sheeple 'idiots' don't

For an alien you are not all that accurate....
There is a town called Pine Bush so called because it is in the Pine Bush area.
Pine Bush is a brushy scrubby field.

I am not thinking of somewhere else - I was born there.
www.albanypinebush.org...

The Albany Pine Bush is known as an inland pine barrens ecosystem. One of the largest of only about 20 other inland pine barrens worldwide, the Albany Pine Bush is globally rare. It was formed toward the end of the last Ice Age 12,000 - 15,000 years ago.

Located in the heart of the Capital District Region, the Albany Pine Bush represents one of the best remaining examples of an inland pine barrens ecosystem in the world.
This gently rolling sand plain is home to an unique diversity of animals and plants, including 20 rare species and two rare natural communities.
The Albany Pine Bush Preserve Commission was created by the NYS Legislature in 1988 to protect and manage the unique and endangered natural communities and species of the Albany Pine Bush for ecological, recreational and educational benefits.

but until then, people shouldn't purport to know something that's totally unknown.

True.
Not surprised you saw something in the area. Many people have.

Most rods are an unusual but very predictable illusion which occurs when filming bugs or objects with flapping wings. I said this initially.

I am not saying everything called "a rod" is a bug however and, I am not saying the OPs film is of a rod.

Since I am privy to your Pine Bush error - I know another mistake is within the realm of possibility.
So thinking perhaps the film was confiscated since this all happened BEFORE rods were definitively (in most, not all, cases) debunked as bugs and at that time there was no explanation for this footage.
I don't know. I will have to look at the OPs footage again. I agree it did not look like a rod to me but then, I am no expert.

edit on 18-11-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Just wanted to thank all that supported me in saying RODs are not moths and bugs. If you look at the evidence and see how the RODs go behind clouds and other objects, go 1000mph and how they compare to insects being filmed in super slow motion on the videos I presented, it's clear to anybody that they aren't bugs or moths.

It really cracks me up when people come up and say that "RODs have already been debunked on ATS", LOL, excuse me! Just because some people showed a straw man debunking video with a lame moth or whatever doesn't mean anything. That's like some shill saying that 9/11 truth has been debunked or Chemtrails have already been debunked! LOL You can't debunk the truth and EVERY DAY more and more people are learning the truth about 9/11, Chemtrails and other new world order evil.

Go look at all their posts of debunkers and see if they are exposing ANY new world order evil. When I do this, including shills who post on my threads I never see them exposing the new world order. Instead they spend all their time in the 9/11 forum trying to debunk with ridiculous logic. LOL It's really funny when you start looking at WHO is trying to debunk these things and then WHAT all their other posts are about.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread, most of the people realize that RODs are not 1000mph moths. To all you REAL people out there, ignore the shills and expose them when you can. Keep waking up others to the new world order and all their lies. Get 5,000 friends on facebook too and keep plugging away for truth. We will be victorious and the truth will win out in the end. God bless all of you exposing the truth! You're doing God's work whether you realize it or not.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GlennCanady

.....RODs ..... go 1000mph ....

This is just one way that the tripe of "rods" is proven to be the imagination of those who simply lack the comprehension of many aspects of science, and many many other disciplines in life.

Tell us.....these so-called "things" moving at "1000mph"....where is the sound?

Do you understand why that is an important question? (And glaring failure in this "rods theory")??

(hint: Look up a fellow by the name of Ernst Mach, and HIS contribution to science. That last name? Oughta be a HUGE clue. Even for the usually clueless.....)

Oh, and NOT his work in the field of psychology (although his ideas on optical illusions might be useful, in this instance)....more on the work regarding acoustics, velocity, air....etc.

(hint #2: Remember the Concorde? Shame they aren't flying anymore....recall what was special about them? They are also called the SST, for short. Super. Sonic. Transport.)

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'm still wondering...

what does the acronym ROD stand for?

Really Odd Device?

Really Obviously Droll?

Seriously though, Weedwacker, do you happen to know? I asked earlier on but didn't see a response. What I do know is that those who believe have used "ROD" and those that don't have used "rod".

For the record, I thought it was rod because they look like (inanimate carbon) rods

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

idk...but there's this acronym finder I just looked up:

www.acronymfinder.com...

Ask the serial hoaxer "Jose' Escamilla". He's made lot of crap films, and crap claims about "rods"....I had always inferred them to be called that based on resemblance to long, skinny objects....like, well....rods.....

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Sadly, here on ATS , rods are no longer considered worthy of analysis. Luckily this is only an ATS phenomenon.

Just because bugs can also appear as rods it does not mean that all Rods are bugs. The ones I have seen and photographed have been quite large, between a metre to several meters. As many others have pointed out, some of them can be seen approaching a chimney, church spire or tree and then go behind it and reappear at the other side. The size of the rod compared to the church spire or tree for example would give an idea of size.

Still we have this categorical refusal to take any Rod seriously. This attitude goes against the very idea of keeping an open mind. It is a folly to dismiss ALL rods as bugs and you know what...this is exactly what ATS has done to Rods.

I would really like to call for a stay of execution for the Rods. They have NOT been debunked as The Shrike correctly pointed out.

edit on 18-11-2010 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by crowdedskies
Sadly, here on ATS , rods are no longer considered worthy of analysis. Luckily this is only an ATS phenomenon.

Just because bugs can also appear as rods it does not mean that all Rods are bugs. The ones I have seen and photographed have been quite large, between a metre to several meters. As many others have pointed out, some of them can be seen approaching a chimney, church spire or tree and then go behind it and reappear at the other side. The size of the rod compared to the church spire or tree for example would give an idea of size.

Still we have this categorical refusal to take any Rod seriously. This attitude goes against the very idea of keeping an open mind. It is a folly to dismiss ALL rods as bugs and you know what...this is exactly what ATS has done to Rods.

I would really like to call for a stay of execution for the Rods. They have NOT been debunked as The Shrike correctly pointed out.

edit on 18-11-2010 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

Good for you, crowdedskies. I'm waiting for a device to be delivered which will allow me to connect a VCR to a PC to transfer VHS tapes to digital. Since I was one of the original rod researchers named by Escamilla as TVRODMAN, I taped a lot of rod footage off the TV and once I transfer the tape footage to digital, I'll be putting my footage on youtube to silence the big mouths who pooh-pooh the reality of rods. I have footage of a rod startling an eagle, startling a pair of cheetahs, swarming rods, high large ones, etc. Not the little guys close to the ground except for a good instance or two. I can't stand self-appointed "authorities" or those who think that replicating something is the same as the original. I have fast underwater lifeforms but I can't honestly say they're rods. If I bought a camcorder and it created rods I'd get my money back!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by GlennCanady

.....RODs ..... go 1000mph ....

This is just one way that the tripe of "rods" is proven to be the imagination of those who simply lack the comprehension of many aspects of science, and many many other disciplines in life.

Tell us.....these so-called "things" moving at "1000mph"....where is the sound?

Do you understand why that is an important question? (And glaring failure in this "rods theory")??

(hint: Look up a fellow by the name of Ernst Mach, and HIS contribution to science. That last name? Oughta be a HUGE clue. Even for the usually clueless.....)

Oh, and NOT his work in the field of psychology (although his ideas on optical illusions might be useful, in this instance)....more on the work regarding acoustics, velocity, air....etc.

(hint #2: Remember the Concorde? Shame they aren't flying anymore....recall what was special about them? They are also called the SST, for short. Super. Sonic. Transport.)

Good luck.

There are superlarge rods and they've been captured on tape by professional newsmen using those super-expensive video cameras or ENGs. Perhaps 1000 mph is a typo on the part of the poster but they're damn fast! That is the main reason why they're not daily news. I have footage of very long ones high in the sky. Additionally, there is footage of a Swedish tank test in which a rod is seen traversing the scene while the spent, ejected shells are still tumbling in the air. Only through slow-motion and frame-by-frame analysis can it be seen.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Pine Bush in Orange county (is no forest) but is the town where the UFO flap took place.
Albany Pine Bush has no known or documented sightings (that I am aware of) that's why I thought you were referring to Pine Gap.

I am from the Hudson Valley area my whole life.
Starting in New Paltz up ending in Albany and just left 5 years ago so I don't think too much changed.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

I don't think it's an acronym rather they look like RODS. At least that's what I believe.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
I'm still wondering...

what does the acronym ROD stand for?

Really Odd Device?

Really Obviously Droll?

Seriously though, Weedwacker, do you happen to know? I asked earlier on but didn't see a response. What I do know is that those who believe have used "ROD" and those that don't have used "rod".

For the record, I thought it was rod because they look like (inanimate carbon) rods

paranormal.about.com... (I added the underlining)
1. How, when and where did you first discover the rods?
J.E.: On March 5, 1994, I videotaped UFOs that appeared in broad daylight over Midway, New Mexico - a small community nine miles southeast of Roswell. Then on March 19,1998, I again videotaped the area, making a documentation of where the UFOs had appeared on March 5. While reviewing the March 19 tape, I saw something that I had never seen before: A streak passes by the camera from across the road and right above where I was standing. As I saw this through the viewfinder, my first impression was that these were insects or birds. Then when I reviewed the footage frame by frame, I realized that they were not insects or birds... but something else. Upon seeing the objects on video, Karen, my wife, coined them "rods" because they resemble microorganisms she has seen under a microscope.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Ah thanks! Was that a Jose Escamilla quote?

I wish people would just concede and realize we Humans don't know 99% of what's going on when it comes to nature.
Sure, we might be technologically supreme (which will end up being the demise of us probably) but we don't know squat about what life is comprised of! So....it's nothing but arrogant ignorance to hear people say "they're just moths' (or something lame like that when it comes to unconventional things). Actually, it's pretty disappointing.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

reply to post by The Shrike

Ah thanks! Was that a Jose Escamilla quote?

I wish people would just concede and realize we Humans don't know 99% of what's going on when it comes to nature.
Sure, we might be technologically supreme (which will end up being the demise of us probably) but we don't know squat about what life is comprised of! So....it's nothing but arrogant ignorance to hear people say "they're just moths' (or something lame like that when it comes to unconventional things). Actually, it's pretty disappointing.

Yes, the quote is attributed to Jose. You could say that Jose is the Jaime Maussan of rods because he has made some really stupid comments and claims, he has posted questionable photos, videos and movies. But if anything, he discovered rods and that assures him some form of notoriety.

When he was challenged with claims that he video'ed bugs with slow shutter speeds, he set up 2 identical quality camcorders and set one at regular settings and the other with high shutter speeds. One caught bugs, wings and all, and the other caught rods. He and I (and my wife) set up a warm relationship and I tried to warn him about his questionable claims, photos, etc., but it fell on deaf ears.

Like Jaime Maussan, he was sent thousands of videos of rods worldwide. One of his friends/researchers - Jeff Ferris - was a champion skateboarder/actor.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Interesting. I thought RODS were put to rest a long time ago. You renewed my interest a bit.

Originally posted by GlennCanady
Come on guys, debunked, a moth? PLEASE!

You have to understand something here, people are paid a lot of money to debunk or put out disinfo. Moths don't fly at hundreds of miles per hour. Some RODs have been filmed at 1,000 mph! Ever seen a moth doing 1,000 mph! LOL

The videos and photos of REAL RODs look nothing like that stupid moth video that people are saying debunks all RODs. That's called a STRAW MAN and is a favorite technique of disinfo agents. YOu create some evidence that is NOT a ROD and then you say, "Oh look, it's a Moth! I've just debunked the thousands of videos of Rods!"

NOT!

True RODs come in all sizes and some are hundreds of feet long. Look at the footage of the cave jumpers and ask yourself could a moth fly down, fly around the base jumpers and then zip out of the frame! Of course not!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Interesting. I thought RODS were put to rest a long time ago. You renewed my interest a bit.
(snip)

Always glad to read that the "movement" has attracted a curious, open-minded person. Rods are almost similar to UFOs in that the sightings of UFOs are rare (unless you live in Mexico!) and sightings of rods are ultra-rare. But I can claim I've seen both. The rod sighting was interesting, for a first time.

In the early '90s I started to watch Ted Loman's UFOAZ legendary cable access TV program. In one show he featured the first rod videos and my interest was piqued. Shortly after that I started to be able to see the fast-flying objects on regular transmission TV on everything from documentaries to movies and pretty soon I started taping rod segments, especially if I saw them on a show that would repeat. They were everywhere even on a David Blaine documentary in NYC where he is perched above a tower, zoom, there went a rod.

Then in the late '90s I contacted Jose and told him about my rod footage, he added me to his research team and because I was taping rods off TV he called me TVRODMAN. Since I was attending UFO forums the conversation included rods and eventually my pro-comments were found out about a news station in San Diego who were about to do a documentary on rods and they asked for my footage which I sent them and they featured some of it in their 2-part newscast.

Finally, I was sitting outside the apartment building I live in and I was constantly scanning the sky ready to video UFOs and I saw a seagull. Just before I looked away I saw something approach it real fast from its rear and as it neared the seagull it made an angled turn and continued on its way. Of course, since I had a seagull to compare it with, I didn't see anything with wings, just a dark elongated form. Such sightings are still reported but rarely. I was fortunate.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join