It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do debunkers have a opinion about a conspiracy if they do not think there real

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
A conspiracy means ...something with the story does not add up to fact

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
conspiracies are not facts . there questions that need answers

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
so why debunk a conspiracy that has no answer that could prove the conspiracy to be not correct ?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
it's a distraction and I mostly ignore them. I take what they say with consideration but it doesn't effect the overall spirit of my beliefs. Whether 9/11 was proven to be the work of intelligence assets or cave dwelling terrorists, the point will still remain that I am a free man, with no subjectivity to any law but the natural law.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Simply put: do you want to believe, or do you want to know? If you are unwilling to look at the facts, you want to believe. If you examine the facts and come to an airtight conclusion and can use the facts and reason to defend your conclusion against all other possible interpretations, you have knowledge. Skeptics, debunkers and those who simply disagree with your opinion should be the whetstones of your intellect. By using facts and reason, you should be able to defend your position. If you cannot, all you have is a belief.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by williamAmerican

Originally posted by Feltrick

I find it silly about debunking

If they do not think its real . why bother . lol

So according to you we should still believe in the flat Earth theory. I mean, why bother arguing that the Earth is round.

that was a not a conspiracy . The earth was round was based on the maps and the way the earth looked from the sea level

Really? Type flat earth conspiracy in google and see what comes up. There are quite a few folks out there that consider this to be an ongoing conspiracy. But, hey, I'll just ignore it and feign ignorance since I don't want to be labeled a debunker.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The list below is topics that really should never be debunked . It can not be debunked . there is NO facts

1. Planet x < There is no facts so why bother to debunk it

2. A space ship from another planet

3. A planet with life

4. The national dept

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

A conspiracy means ...something with the story does not add up to fact

Actually this is what a conspiracy means.

1.the act of conspiring.

2.an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.

3.a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government.

4.Law . an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.

5.any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.
(Source)

Your claim on conspiracy is now debunked.

See, if all the debunkers remained silent like you asked, you would never know this.

(Sorry, but you did kind of walk into that joke there.
)

edit on 15-11-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

Anyway, on a serious note, I find your logic on this topic seriously frightening. Just because you don't believe something can be proven or just because you have not found anything yet, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

edit on 15-11-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I do not want to think 1 conspiracy is real .

However in 2005 If I made a post about the national dept coming . people would tell be to put my TIN hat on .

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
well I see it as Debunking is nothing more than a way to try to prove something wrong to make their way seem more right

I am happy this post has made a conclusion

edit on 15-11-2010 by williamAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by williamAmerican

However in 2005 If I made a post about the national dept coming . people would tell be to put my TIN hat on .

The national debt is not a conspiracy. Everyone knows that the government spends more money than it makes. Sane people in 2005 were warning that the stock market was over valued and that the housing market was a bubble. If you tried to warn people in 2005 that property values can decrease people would have called you a skeptic.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

The national debt is not a conspiracy. Everyone knows that the government spends more money than it makes. Sane people in 2005 were warning that the stock market was over valued and that the housing market was a bubble. If you tried to warn people in 2005 that property values can decrease people would have called you a skeptic.

The national dept is more than just the government spending money . It was more about china . China makes a lot of stuff , they sale it . United states spends and really has a hard time with producing anything the world wants . Maybe they could . But the dept is so large now . The little man can not fit his fingers in the hole of wealth over the race of nations dept . however if China keeps on growing . United states will be begging them for food one day

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
We need debunkers, we need skeptics.

Everyone has a voice and when a conspiracy theorist reads the opinion of the debunker, it makes that conspiracy theorist do even more research on the topic and in turn brings more evidence to the table.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
We need debunkers, we need skeptics.

Everyone has a voice and when a conspiracy theorist reads the opinion of the debunker, it makes that conspiracy theorist do even more research on the topic and in turn brings more evidence to the table.

It is my understanding that ATS was originally geared to debunkers and skeptics, thought I saw SO or one of the gods ;o), post that.

Even scientist try to debunk their own theories.

I enjoy the challenge and the research, but I find all the valid research in the world seldom changes peoples minds, plus I learn a lot

edit on 113030p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Debunkers jumping on a thread to debunk a guys theory on debunkers!!
Toooo funny.

There's a difference between joining a discussion about a conspiracy theory, adding your own research and opinions, thereby expanding the knowledge base and correcting some mistakes.
This kind of debunker isn't really a debunker and helps to hone the theory into a plausible scenario.

Then there are the ones who jump into a thread, declare the op is a whackjob, add no evidence except their opinion and expect everyone to believe them.
I think its a delusion of grandeur much like the socially inept person that hangs around people much younger than themselves in order to feel intellectually superior.

Sad really.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Debunkers actually keep CT people honest, because if it weren't for them calling BS on things so much would get passed off as cannon and be believed blindly by most of the CT. They do the heavy lifting for conspiracy theorists by filtering the crap so that you can continue on your merry way without some of the more absurd concepts clouding the playing field.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

my point is this ...IF ITS NOT REAL....what is the big deal about finding the truth

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

"why do debunkers have a opinion about a conspiracy if they do not think there real ?"

I bet every "debunker" has his reasons.. I'd imagine one is insecurity: all that may shatter their pretty picture of the existence, must be debunked or else there is nothing certain.

One reason can be philantropist, when debunker feels that he is doing a favorite for mankind by his deeds. I bet the first is more common reason though.

-v

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Something about letting people believe nonsense doesn't jive with most debunker people I guess. Would you rather someone not give insight into something and sit on that insight or enlighten you with information you might not currently be privy to. I know I like to be informed of when I'm wrong on something, otherwise I continue to be wrong and look like a fool rather than educating myself and correcting my stance/situation to fit with how things actually are as opposed to how I wrongly thought things were.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

This is a hard question . I find debunking a new hot thing to do now days .

What happen to letting someone say what they wanted and just having a good time reading without saying a word?

The governments of the major civilized nations around the world employ hundreds if not thousands of people to do nothing more than troll sites like these and spit out nonsense garbage that would cause doubt. This is done primarily to discourage free-thinking and discussion. Alas, I'm sure that someone will no doubt say "provide documented proof of that or shut up and go back into your hole" as always happens with any discussion that falls outside the mainstream. I just ignore their utter nonsense and listen to my intuition.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join