It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA Plane Theory is blown out of the sky - US missed Chinese Missile

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Oh, and another thing.

We're supposed to have an early detection program from the cold war era (NORAD) that they have funneled millions, maybe even billions into. A quick search for 'norad costs' brings up a lot of figures thrown around. What if it never existed and was an account used to launder funds for certain high ups? It would be a stone cold bluff. One that the creators were fairly certain would never be challenged, and if it were, uncovering the lie wouldn't be very high up on citizen's priority list.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
So what happened here then are we to believe that China launched a missile and the US defence missed it, if so WHY would China launch a missile with provocation as a outcome

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by AllIsOne

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Not if you look at the unaltered image. It's a highlighted portion of the contrail. The "second contrail" is a cloud.

Could you please state the altitude of that cloud? The "plane" was at 37'000 feet?

And do you know what else?? If you believe the plane theory then that thing is over 160 miles away!!
How big is that thing??

How big is that missile?!!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This is why I didn't actually sign up for an account on ATS until recently; because I know there are a plethora of stubborn people on this site who, regardless of whether their claims are valid or not, will defend them to the death. Not trying to be too critical, Boondock Saint. Your theory is plausible, and once married to an idea, it's hard to see the other side, but I feel it is necessary to present another possible scenario, the JET CONTRAIL SCENARIO:

(not sure about embedding images...)

YES I took a look at some very similar looking contrails of patriot missile intercepts, but it doesn't rule out the fact that this could still be a jet contrail. In my scenario, the "second contrail" and "missile debris" are just part of the first contrail. Note that there is a dark band of that runs through the center of the contrail, with highlighted edges on either side.

I'm not saying you're wrong, Boondock Saint, just that you're a little ways away from definitively proving anything. Finally, before flaming me, consider that agreeing with the opposition ("You're right, it might be a jet contrail, but I wanted to bring this to people's attention because it doesn't look like one to me.") is much more productive than "Ha ha, wow, you're such a disinfo agent omg!" There's a difference between denying ignorance and denying everyone who doesn't take your word as gospel.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by PayMeh
We're supposed to have an early detection program from the cold war era (NORAD) that they have funneled millions, maybe even billions into.

well if you're trying to say we don't have
any early warning system. I would have
to disagree with ya. This whole thread
has pics and evidence of that warning
system in action. And by my viewpoint,
the Chinese Missile was at least damaged
as shown in that last pic I posted where the
missile is still going into the sky but does
not have a plume. It is my estimation that
at least one of the rocket thrusters was damaged.
It just didn't down it. It probably can still
function but not as fast. So I do applaud
the Strategic Defense Command for at least
damaging this sucker even if they didn't bring it
completely down. At least damaging it,
that almost insured that it would not reach
it's target cuz one fuel tank would have been
useless with no thruster.

So I don't think the gov funneled money
into their pockets and abandoned this project.

edit on 11/15/2010 by boondock-saint because: clarifying

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Oh, I know mate. Just kinda throwing out all the things that went through my head the past few days contemplating this thing.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
This could be as you claim, or a test of a new system being deployed by our Navy or something in between. And I don't imagine the party or parties responsible will be coming forward with an explanation anytime soon, if ever.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Wow, this whole thing is nuts. I could have sworn is was a trail from a rocket or something. I heard someone argue that it was just a cloud formation, but that doesn't seem possible.

[off-topic site promotion removed]

edit on 11/15/2010 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
If you remove all the text it still looks like a plane to me.Imaginative diagrams do not prove anything .The contrail spreads out wider because of the conditions in the air..
edit on 15-11-2010 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

^
What he said. I am personally unsure what it is and I still express my concern on the matter...but your imagination...as creative as it is...does not prove anything cuz the parts you pointed out have no backing besides words on a hasty diagram you made.

link   

Originally posted by T3hEn1337ened
In my scenario, the "second contrail" and "missile debris" are just part of the first contrail.

well see IMO, this is a weak argument
due to the fact that how is the wind gonna
move 2 lil individual small pieces of plume
and leave the rest all in a bunch.
That would equivalent to taking
an ice cream scooper and dipping out
2 dips of ice cream. You'd almost have to
do that by hand. I'd say pretty much
impossible. But I did look at your
link

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

A person of normal sensibilities would have to be intellectually numb, overly medicated or otherwise too preoccupied with their gadgets to realize there is something very, very wrong.

These explanations range from the “embarrassing if true” to the “downright insulting,” with a few variations in between.

If you're like me and believe there is a lot more taking place behind the curtain of power (run by International bankers and the power elite) then you too will likely have trouble sleeping tonight!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
No way is it a contrail and if you remember when it was spoken about on the news noone knew what it was thats the FAA and the pentagon now if it was a plane the FAA would be able to say within minutes of what flight it was.
Even someone who posted pics on the first page showed pics if it was a contrail the top would be thicker not the bottom like this was as thats how a plume of smoke works.

Any one know how long this plume stayed in the atmosphere?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Even if it was a Chinese missile(which I'm not saying it wasn't), I'm not worried about our missile defense shield. Using missiles to shoot down incoming missiles in technology from the 80's and 90's. We can take down missiles and planes now with this www.militaryaerospace.com... t/the-airborne-laser-its-huge-it-flies-and-it-blows-up-missles.html and it's much more accurate and faster.

Only reason I think that this wasn't Chinese is because I think their would have been a response of some sort from the US and our military. You can't just shoot a missile into our airspace and expect a "ooooh, aahhhhh" response from us and nothing else.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I completely agree with your scenario.

Some additional info for you.

The Chinese ballistic missile is a two-stage 60 ton missile.

The first stage is solid propellant, the second stage is liquid fueled-propellant-(unknown, possibly hydrogen/oxygen).

Keep digging Boondock-Saint.

Cosmic...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imightknow
You can't just shoot a missile into our airspace and expect a "ooooh, aahhhhh" response from us and nothing else.

it was not shot into our airspace.
It was launched outside
our airspace and targeted
out across the pacific.
At no time, was the sub or
the missile in US territory
to the best of my knowledge.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by K-PAX-PROT
So what happened here then are we to believe that China launched a missile and the US defence missed it, if so WHY would China launch a missile with provocation as a outcome

well my stating missed it
meant they didn't bring it
completely down.
However I do believe it was
damaged or either it changed
fuel sources in mid flight.
edit on 11/15/2010 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I think it's a missile but launched by US so it looks like from China (or any other country).

Obama must be back, they should change their "plane" story soon.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
So if their 1st missile was damaged and unable to do its job, why didnt they start firing more?
seeing captions on that contrail pic hasnt convinced me, ok it looks a bit like a missile but nothing else about the theory of it being a missile adds up at all.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

I completely agree with your scenario.
Some additional info for you.
The Chinese ballistic missile is a two-stage 60 ton missile.
The first stage is solid propellant, the second stage is liquid fueled-propellant-(unknown, possibly hydrogen/oxygen).
Keep digging Boondock-Saint.
Cosmic...

absolutely splendid post Cosmic.
That def would explain the differences
in the textures and sizes of the plumes
in the video and pics.

However, on one of my analysis'
I noticed a green burst and I was wondering
if it had changed fuel sources at that time.
I wish I could give u more than 1 star

u deserve it for that

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join