It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA Plane Theory is blown out of the sky - US missed Chinese Missile

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I still don't get it.

If the missile was fired in their own country then why would the US fire upon it?Wouldn't that be considered an act of war?I can't see the US shooting at one of "China's missiles".That would be the dumbest thing to do.

And if it was a missile..WHO shot it?

There have been a lot of unexplained missiles lately,remember that ship that had a huge dent in it from some unknown object?

What kind of protection does the US have when they don't know where these missiles are coming from?Especially since 9/11.You're not doing your job Government.Someone should get fired..say did anyone get fired from that whole 9/11 scenario?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
To me, this is another case of telling people what it is and they believe it because they're open to the possibility and then taking it as fact. When the ONLY fact that people truly know is that there was a contrail.

I believe it was a plane and people pointing at elements in a single picture or video does not make them factually correct.

I see clouds that look like dragons and bunnies and I've even seen what I THOUGHT was an alien ship, but it turned out to be a radio tower being viewed from an odd perspective.

I think it's irresponsible to put the theory out there and then defend it with such zeal that it MUST BE RIGHT, when in fact, it could very possibly be wrong. People on this site panic easily and getting them riled up is a disservice.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hiddencombo

Hidden... I cant believe that I have to point this out, especially to someone that is so opinionated on the subject....But... here goes.

The furthest point will always seem thinner - this is a perspective FACT !!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by fah0436

And Russia wouldn't say a thing about the incident ...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I'm sticking with my theory. The US Recon Office (spy satellites) launched from San Nicolas island with a SpaceX delivery vehicle. The cargo included nano-satellites from kits provided by Pumpkin, Inc. See Forbes article, page 56 dated 11-22-10. SpaceX was kicked off launch site 3A at Vandenberg AFB in August for some reason after investing $7M there. The US Recon Office helped SpaceX by accommodating them at San Nicolas Island. The military could honestly say it wasn't their's. For them to be so sure it posed no threat to national security, they must obviously know more than they are telling. Get used to seeing those plumes. Based on the demand of government and commercial launches, I am sure this will not be the last.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
reply to post by hiddencombo

Hidden... I cant believe that I have to point this out, especially to someone that is so opinionated on the subject....But... here goes.

The furthest point will always seem thinner - this is a perspective FACT !!

Incorrect.

blog.metservice.com...

www.flickr.com...

www.flickr.com...

www.flickr.com...

www.flickr.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ae2d52332043.jpg[/atsimg]

The US SCBM travels about 13,392mph in boost phase.

The average jet airliner travels about 580mph

Visibility from horizon to horizon is about 80 miles at 1000ft above sea level (which is about average altitude in LA) assuming perfect weather conditions and no objects in the way.

An object traveling in a perfectly vertical trajectory is moving about 1000mph across the earth due to the earth rotating underneath it.

If anyone can do some calculations go for it. Determine the amount of time you can expect to be able to view an object in the sky at 35K feet on an easterly trajectory traveling at 580mph toward the viewer and originating at the edge of the viewable horizon, compared to something traveling in a vertical trajectory originating at 0ft at 13,392mph and drifting easterly at 1000mph, compared something traveling in a westerly trajectory at 13,392mph originating from 35m away from the viewer. That should give some answers.

The picture on the right does not appear to be of the same trail as the one on the left. The one on the left appears to have the size distortion in the trail that you would expect of something on a vertical trajectory. Although i didnt see it myself and photos can be deceiving.
edit on 11/17/2010 by dbloch7986 because: typo

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by grahag
To me, this is another case of telling people what it is and they believe it because they're open to the possibility and then taking it as fact. When the ONLY fact that people truly know is that there was a contrail.

I believe it was a plane and people pointing at elements in a single picture or video does not make them factually correct.

I see clouds that look like dragons and bunnies and I've even seen what I THOUGHT was an alien ship, but it turned out to be a radio tower being viewed from an odd perspective.

I think it's irresponsible to put the theory out there and then defend it with such zeal that it MUST BE RIGHT, when in fact, it could very possibly be wrong. People on this site panic easily and getting them riled up is a disservice.

Now stop. We won't tolerate reasonable thinking after 48 pages! Don't make me use that 'alert' button to call a Mod to bring attention to your rational!!

By the by, point VERY well taken. We only know one thing (well two) facts:
1) there was a contrail and 2) it happened on Monday, Nov 8th, at sunset in California and that's..........ALL!

Thanks for the departure to all these 'yes it is/no it isn't' posts. They're getting very old (as is this topic).

We're gonna have to file this behind "Who shot JFK' -------"What Happened with the Phoenix Lights story"--------"How did WTC 7 fall" and "WTF was in the sky Nov 8th 2010"

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Space Shuttle Trajectory

There is a pic of the space shuttle trajectory.

That is what the path of an object travel on a vertical trajectory eventually looks like.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

You left out something very important.
UPS flight 902 is in the right area and the right time.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Okay I guess we should just end this debate...government took 2 days to decide it is a jet in very special circumstances. I must just be a jet. Baaaaa, baaaaa, Baaaaa!

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tomdham

Well, other than the interview of the guy who filmed it at least. He was there, I was not. I don't understand how the guy could've mistaken an airliner for a "spinning object." If the news guy who was there, and filmed it, said it was spiraling, I do not understand why his word is being categorically being dismissed.

Oh, and that general guy, who has a lot more field experience than I.

I don't care what we think it looks like, I care about what qualified people have to say about it, and if the stance is divided, this cannot be dismissed as an airline -- at least not yet.

Whatever. I'm done.

(I actually enjoy reading what you post)

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
duno first i thought it was a missile but now i have seen enough proof that it was not a missile and just a normal plane .. actually logical what do you think the government would do.. just sit like this and say nothing lol common i think they would be at red alert all over china boys would not get away with that duuuh

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

That is simply not true.
That's how you'd like it to be though....."99% agree it was a plane? Case closed?"
Hunh? Turn the tables, son.

I think most of us here, (the unpaid ones, that is), find that Boon's theory is more intuitionally feasable and in line with the film and coordinates that we have been presented with.
And I was an eye witness to a portion of that very missile plume, up in the L.A. sky.
I know what I saw.

You guys are getting desperate.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It does look like a missile.but...that's about it.To me anyways.I'm not trying to put the OP down or anything I just can't understand what the big deal is?I haven't heard nothing on the news..although I haven't been watching it lately but if something big happens between China and the US you will know about it.

It was fun debating it though..isn't what ATS is all about?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Even if it is a plane . what is the point

Why would a plane make that contrail when others in the area tonight did not produce the same effect

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The name of the game is .....WHAT PRODUCED THE CONTRAIL

I only can come up with 8 things

1. Jet fighter
2. Rocket
3. STS
4. Missile
5. HUGE fire work
6. smoke stick with a remote control rock on the end
7. A flare
8. A remote control plane

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by XxiTzYoMasterxX

You would NOT hear this on the news if it was real

And I do NOT think china did it

Number 1 . China would never say they did it ..even if they did ..why ? its mind games

They would NEVER say they did ...they know the united states is strong....if they said they did it...it would be a act of war....and they would NEVER want that

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Interesting work... I missed the whole thing, so I'm in the process of catching up on the entire event.
From what I've read and seen, so far, I believe that it could have been a missile, and that there was an attempt to shoot it down... however....

I think something more plausible is that it was our own anti-missile system(s) being tested, and failing miserably... again... It'd probably be worse for them, at this point, to admit another failure of the system they've sunk resources into; than to just say "I dunno what it was" ... and leave it at that.

It was in the media...briefly... and now it's gone. The only places that are still paying attention to it, are places like ATS. The majority of the populace gets all of their daily living information from the mass media, and they leave it at that... so this is of no concern to them anymore. Sad...

Originally posted by fusion47
reply to post by boondock-saint

But where did it go? It exploded? It landed somewhere? It kept going to the moon?

This is the main question in my mind right now... if it was a Chinese missile, and we failed to shoot it down... where did it go? There would be some kind of evidence somewhere... seismic readings, videos, blurry photos... something... anything. Right now, the evidence doesn't support an impact event.
edit on 17-11-2010 by ConradsLaces because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2010 by ConradsLaces because: two post consolidation

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
removed for consolidation in previous post by me
edit on 17-11-2010 by ConradsLaces because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join