It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation; Harlot Babylon (Pt2)- "Mother of Abominations"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

I have already dealt with your interpretations several times concerning those scriptures I see no need to go through them again only to have you say "no it doesn't mean that" then repeat your dogma once again. My previous post summed it up with the Family of doctors analogy. We will just have to agree to disagree. I only have kept up this long for the benefit of others that might be following along. In fact I would like to hear from some others if there are any.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
My understanding, then, is that this Harlot represents the idolatry of the surrounding world,..

OK folks, now that the digression has died down, it is appropriate for us to remind ourselves that this is the official theme of the thread, as defined in the OP.
For a while we have been illustrating it, rather than discussing it.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
While we're waiting, let's consifder the possibility that the Harlot might represent the bringing together, in some way, of the multiple religions. This has been the subject of speculation, that there might be a "uniting" of world religions. It doesn't necessarily follow from the picture in this chapter, but it would certainly make the "conjunction of authorities" much more workable.

And this was my summary, in the Supplementary post, of the way the main theme might be applied in the modern world.
edit on 23-11-2010 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Good post D .... Would 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12 give any kind of a picture to the situation on the ground and the situation within the Church? I guess I take a notion that the true Church will be present when Christ manifest himself ..I know the dispensational view that the Church raptured out of the scene but I don't think this will be the case. I wish I had a good question to ask or some sort of thing to contribute ,but I am at a loss ...keep up the good work,it is much appreciated ...peace

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Thank you for your comments.
Yes, I agree with you that the church would be present in the middle of these things. I'm sure that's exactly why the church is being warned about them.
It seems to me that the Thessalonians passage is very relevant. That figure presents himself in the place of God, so he would surely be at the head of the "idolatry" of the world. Especially if had been unified in any way, as people have speculated, and if he were to be presenting himself as the expected figure of more than one religion.
Like the "Lord of the Advent" predicted in the quotation from Rev. Sun Myung Moon (by which, as far as we know, he means himself), or any similar figure.
So these passages fit together very well.

edit on 23-11-2010 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I'm now attaching a link to the succeeding thread in this mini-series on the Harlot;
Harlot Babylon (twinned with Rome)

edit on 30-11-2010 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
There is now an Index, covering all these Revelation threads, at this location;

Index of Revelation threads

This thread is numbered as #34 in the "order of chapters" list and Biblical reference index.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Just to clarify;
Nothing in the OP is intended to suggest any particular prophetic significance in the year 2012 or the date 21/12/2012

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

My response to the claims made about the year 2012 was that I could see no prophetic significance in the date.
This position seems to have been vindicated.

posted on Mar, 6 2022 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This series was running ten years ago, and is arguably getting relevant again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join