It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Object near the Sun (11/14/2010)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Some say its the second sun coming

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Whatever it is, i found it interesting that when the sunspot closest to it rotated under it, the spot flared dramatically and actually seemed to illuminate the object in question!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Theses kept me bugging all day, now i'm home from work and i can finally leave my 2 cents here.
Okay guys, i'm scared. Let me explain why:

-NASA's press conference is today.
-some weird black "object" is near the sun.
-NASA discovered a black hole in our 'neighbourhood" (that's a vague discription, it could be anywhere)
-the object is not affected by gravity and light
-notice the flares that go crazy when crossing the object

Conclusion:
We're screwed, it's a black hole!
Black holes are not affected by gravity and stars (like our sun) are their birthplaces.
I really, really hope i'm wrong, but if you connect the dots there is no other option at all.
Only good thing is: It's a really slow process, the world won't end tomorrow but in 1000 years or so.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ahumanbeing

I bet if it were a black hole, NASA would make efforts to send cameras into the black hole and see what happens lol. But since our planet's destruction wouldn't be for another 1,000 years I think we've got plenty of time to high-tail it out of here.

edit on 11/15/2010 by Ihsahn because: grammar

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

don't fret, you are wrong. there is no black hole adjacent to our sun that

just got discovered.

I would worry about microsingularities coming out of ATLAS/CERN uncontained.

Also worry more about a large object like the much talked about planet X.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Are there any images from the L2 orbit that can either verify or disprove this earth-sized object?
I think the “dirty lens” deduction is kinda easy.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The Nasa Conference is about a nearby Black Hole.. discovered by Chandra.

But obviously not close enough to give us worry.

Nearby being relative.
edit on 15-11-2010 by nuke_c because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Lol! A missile...

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Just a little dirt in the optics or damage to the sensor array. The object appears a little too fixed. If the same object is exactly there next week we'll know.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I will agree with the flaw in the imagery hypothesis but if you would like a another potential explanation I can toss one out.

It could be Venus, which would complete roughly 1/10th of it's solar orbit during this ~27 day observation. While the effect would be very small due to the SDO/EVE's distance from the Sun, the movement of the satellite might be enough to place Venus into a retrograde motion relative to the observer which could potentially give the appearance of the object being stationary. It does seem to progress towards the camera during the recording, to me anyhow.

As the planet rounds the sun there would be a point in time when it appears to come towards the Earth (if the planetary alignment was correct at the time) and in conjunction with the apparent retrograde motion produced by the motion of the camera you might see it as relatively motionless.

I didn't go into detail on the metrics to confirm this, as I think it is most likely a camera issue.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahumanbeing
Okay guys, i'm scared. Let me explain why:

-NASA's press conference is today.
-some weird black "object" is near the sun.
-NASA discovered a black hole in our 'neighbourhood" (that's a vague discription, it could be anywhere)
-the object is not affected by gravity and light
-notice the flares that go crazy when crossing the object
Conclusion:
We're screwed, it's a black hole!

They found a young black hole or wind nebula in the constellation Virgo.
Pretty far away.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by etcorngods
reply to post by AgentSmith

The Object also stays in the same relative position to the SUN -- and to Space.

Woah there! Just put down the finger cymbals a minute and try and concentrate. I'll show you frame by frame:

Does it still look like the 'object' is in the same position relative to the sun when the sensor reorientates? No, of course it doesn't, it's in the same position relative to the frame and that's because it's an artifact in the imaging system.

Another point worth noting is that the time frame of the video is over weeks, the artifact has been present since the beginning and will be there until the instrument fails.

The entire archive is here:

lasp.colorado.edu...

No don't worry my friend! It's definately not a black hole and there definately is no black hole anywhere near our solar system

When we talk about our cosmic 'neighbourhood' the distances involved are usually still vast.
In the case of the black hole in question, it is actually in another galaxy to ours and approximately 50,000,000 light years away. It's special because it is so young, or to be specific the data gathered from it is. The data being gathered is from only 30 years after it's creation, though because it is 5*10^7 light years away it is actually that amount in years older than we perceive it obviously! Definately nothing to worry about, the supermassive blackhole in our own galaxy is a lot nearer and I suspect there are other normal blackholes that are too
A black hole will not completely 'suck in' everything either, which is a common misconception. It is only after you go past the event horizon which is based at the schwarzschild radius of the original star then there is no escape even for light. Objects such as planets can quite happily orbit a blackhole as they would a star, which most people don't even realise.
edit on 15-11-2010 by AgentSmith because: Spelling

edit on 15-11-2010 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I always thought the Sun would burn anything up that was that close.
Boy was I wrong or aliens are so advance that I don't want them coming here
and dominating us.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
its dirt on the lense a few posts back some one debunked it noticing the black spot doesnt fade out when the sun does...

i hope someday people wil start reading atleast some potsts in thread before posting

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This is one of those days when nothing seems to be going right! I've mislaid my reading glasses, and for the past almost 10 minutes have been studying a speck on my computer screen!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I have to agree with the opinion that there is some speck on the camera. I should imagine even if it were some object it is obviously burnt to a crisp, ha ha.

Peace,

Seq

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Terviseks

OK I don't know waht it is either. But I know it's not a mother ship. If it were a mother ship stuck in the sun's corona then THAT ship would have to be hundreds of times bigger that planet Earth. SO...It's not a mother ship. I say dead pixels or something way closer that originaly thought.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
What the f is that !?! Is it a spot erased from the vid to hide something "they" don't want us to see ?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
maybe its planet x. a giant star thats gonna smash into the earth. if that picture is for real than its about to hit the fan soon.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I guess time will tell- if indeed it is a mark on the lens, then it will continue to be there as the poster above has stated- If however it either moves or disappears- Well, thats another matter..................

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join