It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Alarm Fire at Comex: Silver Will Soar Once Again

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

OBE1

I am sure that book is called, Dieing for Money. Available for free on Scribd.com

Same book that was available on amazon for $600!!!

As for anything else, I only state the point of holding gold / silver is not to make money!, as even if the price goes so high, that you cash out at $3000 an oz lets say. you will find you self living in a world that has hyper inflated So in fact you haven't made money, you've just put you money on to the roller coaster while it's going up. where as everyone else holding paper is still standing in the line waiting for it to get shorter. i.e. in short you protected your position.

As for the rising prices being a scam, I am not so sure this time, as there are many fundamentals pointing to the fact that silver now, is basically non existent. very scarce. Even the likes of James Turk has come out out via, GATA and said that he has never seen a silver market this tight. and that everyone is scrambling for physical silver. And this is the point.

its not about trading anymore, is about ownership, and once is becomes painfully clear, as GATA is predicting, that the bullion holders DO NOT have the physical silver to meet the contracts for which people think they own. the whole house of cards will come crashing down, And if James Turk is intimating to this, then it can;t be far off!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Hi JF. I'm familiar with a couple of books bearing similar titles, both published in the 70's. Dying of Money: Lessons of the Great German and American Inflations, and the book I recommended...When Money Dies...

Even though at current prices, Gold has managed to outperform inflation across the past 10 years, I agree that it's primary function is wealth preservation...not profit. Rule of thumb in the precious metals community: Buy physical Gold/Silver for protection...shares in leveraged Gold/Silver miners for profit

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I am by no means saying your thinking is flawed, as I also wondered the same thing, if this was some ploy by traders to push the price of silver up, or maybe down. I am not a trader.

But, the motivation behind the "Crash JP Morgan, buy an Ounce of Silver" campaign was supposed to be that JP Morgan held massive short positions in silver, betting on the price to fall, and if the price goes up, they will have to cover the shorts and they will lose money. However, for all I know, they could have massive futures bets that the price will rise, like I said, not a trader.

Relevant article

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Ladies & Gentlemen: Man Your Battle Stations!

If December $25 strike manages to settle in the money, JPM may soon be forced to scour the earth in search of deliverable supply; in direct competition with Max [Pain] Keiser & the Silver vigilantes.

Max Pain For Options Trading On Dec 2010 Silver Futures

December 2010 options expiration day for gold and silver futures is on Tuesday, Nov 23rd 2010 (2 business day away).

Max pain for option trading with Dec 2010 Silver Futures is at $25 and last settled Dec 2010 Silver Futures price is at $27.18

If banksters don’t create a small miracle to drop price of silver below $25, this will indeed be max pain for them on Tuesday, Nov 23rd 2010 at 1:30pm New York time. - More

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by nepafogo
This is great news. I always thought that silver was highly under valued and I bought 500 oz when it was at $25/oz. I missed the gold climb because I listened to a family member who said gold will not go beyond $1000. I said it would hit at least $1500 by the end of 2010 and likely be up around 2500 by summer 2011. This is when it was at about $800/oz. I am now buying about 50 oz of silver every month until it hits $50/oz which is the same amount I was putting in my savings account. Don't miss the boat folks..

The question is.. are you taking delivery on it? I sure hope you are!

yes I am indeed/..

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
as Udio alluded too, there are some massive legal actions against some of the larger trading banks.
They have sold silver 100 to 1 paper to metal
If that silver PAPER was collected upon by the Peeps expecting their METAL which they paid for.
That as they say, would be that.

lead will be the next bubble

silver and gold need a system to support their value, or they have little value at all
at that point utility and portability become the watch words of value.
edit on 25-11-2010 by Danbones because: spellin content grammer common sense

PS antimony is added to lead to make it the right hardness for bullets
battery lead contains antimony
just sayin
edit on 25-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join