It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100's of people missing in Wisconsin?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The article is a bit misleading... The number of missing people are not just from 2010 alone, but cold case files. Enlisting the help of hunters is nothing new.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I live in Southeastern Wi and this message comes out every year simply because there are so many men in the woods that they may come across remains as they go through brush and other less traveled rural trails etc. Not sure about the upper part of state, but west of me there are two counties where rumors about cults/satanists have been rife for decades. Very same area of the Bray Road beast reports, lower Kettle Moraine and the old Bong airbase coming further east. In fact, my avid deer hunter brother in law accidentally walked into some gathering or ritual in a pole barn once when he was looking for shelter during a storm. When I was 14, my sister and I stumbled upon a beheaded calf that was beside an old well on property that had been rumored to be cursed and used for rituals. Of course there are no published facts on any of this stuff that I know of, but during the eighties and nineties there were several newspaper articles about investigations coming up with no solid proof of cults operating in the area. The locals know, but never want to talk. There ARE strange things that go on in the woods...but not only in Wisconsin. Not sure how that missing number compares to other states

ETA: Thinking about this stuff reminded me of one of the things we found on the road side when I was a teen. We'd smelled it for days...but finally while walking to a friends house up the highway we saw a brown grocery bag on the shoulder and opened it to find a skinned dog. Now that was weird and hard to explain!
edit on 11/12/2010 by shockedonlooker because: added another thought

edit on 11/12/2010 by shockedonlooker because: spelling

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Wisconsin Missing Persons Statistics

Here's a link to a breakdown by NCIC Categories; might be helpful

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by casijones

Interesting. I wonder what sub-category the "juveniles' in the "adult" category fall into? I am guessing "endangered" is largely kids kidnapped by their own parents... they should make another category IMO to make that a little more clear.

edit on 13-11-2010 by SerialLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SerialLurker
reply to post by casijones

Interesting. I wonder what sub-category the "juveniles' in the "adult" category fall into?
edit on 13-11-2010 by SerialLurker because: (no reason given)

I was wondering the same thing.
2nd

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
what is even more surprising is how a police state like wisconsin would ask that hunters be on the look out for the missing? I know how they'll find some of the deceased...some hunter will be on the look out, and stop to take a pee, and end up piss'n on their bones! ~
edit on 12-11-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

Police state like Wisconsin? How is Wisconsin any more or less a police state then any other state? By the way I live outside Milwaukee and I can assure you it is not a police state.

And to the OP I wonder how many other states have people that are missing? I would be willing to bet Wisconsin is about average. But by all means fear monger away ATS is the perfect place it seems for that these days.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

I'm not sure its a large number relative to the size of the population though. There are over 5.6 million people in Wisconsin. It wouldn't surprise me if there were at least 1000 teenage runaways in that size of a population alone, especially in an area of economic downturn. That alone is really only 0.0001768 percent of the population, give or take. Slightly over 17/10000 of a single percent isn't much from that standpoint, not considering the families who might be worried, and I suppose a certain percentage of those will end up being found as well.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Wasn't Jeffrey Dahmer from Wisconsin? Maybe there's just a whole lot of Jeffery Dahmer types running around up there, kidnapping people and eating them!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

All I can think of is this thread started in 2001 on another board:
forums.about.com...
This was Wisconsin if I remember correctly. And the thread still goes on. Must be the longest running thread in the history of the world!!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
1301 missing people in Wisconsin is shocking if you have not kept up on the True Statistics of the Missing People in the United States.

900,000 people go missing in the United States EACH YEAR, year in year out. The count of the missing increase each year. In 2010 the total missing in the United States reaches over 15 million of our citizens. This is just the United States and the phenomena is prevalent over the entire Globe. The total missing World Wide reaches into the BILLIONS.

The question is WHY & WHERE ARE THEY

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
A couple of months ago I had a really vivid and strangely bland dream, where all I was doing was closely tracing my eyes over a map of Wisconsin in study of the area. I don't know what that means, but still...

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
I read here somewhere that they were takeing the young ones because they could be easily brainwashed then trained as servants/labour for all the underground bunkers come 2012..The elite need someone to look after their every whim.

Well that is refreshing.

I thought maybe they were all going to human traffickers to be sold and used as sex slaves or disposable sado-masochistic human sacrifice, live fetish toys or to be used as stars of snuff films.

Whew! What a welcome relief to think some of these kids might get real jobs.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Mmmmh ...Vacations + Wisconsin = Buy a GUN...only an Idea..

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
wrong thread. delete. oops.
edit on 13-11-2010 by JonInMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Robert Reynolds

[SNIP]

This is so #ed up; when i was young guess about 14 years old, I had a serie of very vivid dream, that kept repeating about 5 nights, it was every night the same dream; i was standing next to a hut (one of these tree-log country houses), looking down on a lake, sourrounded by a forest.
- that was all i ve seen, nothing else happend in the dream, but every time i woke up, from the shivering in a terrible mental state, and something told me I HAD to go there.

It was so strong i even was researching, where that place could be ( somehow i always thought of canada or alaska)
but being a kid, living on a another continent, and there was no internet at the time - soon i gave up, but never forgot these dreams.

the thing that striked me was, i have a long history of strange dreams, even some foresights in dreams, and strange feelings that came true. But NEVER EVER before or after I had exactly the same dream before.

already when i started to read this thread i felt like i have to google, what wisconsin looks like - i ve never been there nor close there.

then the above poster mentionend his dream going through the map of wisconsin, so i did the picture search "wisconsin" and there it is;

www.internationaleducationmedia.com...

it Exactly the picture from my dream, even the same viewpoint !!!!!! I saw it darker though, and i remember wooden stairs leading down to the lake (something always told me to follow down the stairs, but at the same time in knew, this would end bad)

even no, over 10 years later, i am shaking/sweating, when I see this picture !!!
It really freaks me out!
I ve seen a lot of [SNIP] going on in my live, causing emotional rollercoaster, but this blows me away.

PLease; anyone had/has same dreams ??
Anyone knows, where this picture was taken from ?
What is around there ??

Why the [SNIP] i have this pic in my mind so vividly, altough i ve never been there ?

edit on Sat Nov 13 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Robert Reynolds

get back to me about your dreams, i am really puzzled right now.
please !

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Take into account that 2300 people go missing everyday in the US. Also compare 150,000 missing persons in 1980 to about 900,000 this year.

But only a tiny fraction of those are stereotypical abductions or kidnappings by a stranger.

The federal government counted 840,279 missing persons cases in 2001. All but about 50,000 were younger than 18.

I had no idea the numbers were that high before research.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
as I recall there was an FBI article which indicated 2 million kids go missing every year. some are found, but others...
for california

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
[sarcasm]
They did not get abducted. They just decided that "Cheesehead" was a derogatory term they could no longer accept and moved to N. Illinois.
I see this happening everyday.
[/sarcasm]

Cuhail

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join