It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SKYLINE MOVIE A SCIENTOLOGY PLOT?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
* Warning Spoilers*

i actually thing Skyline is a great achievement in cinema because it is the first movie i have seen that was sooooooo bad that i actually contracted eye syphilis from watching it. the acting is horrid i guess that is expected when you cast kevin federlin's look alive as the lead. also the special effects were so good but it was too bad we couldn't see them since 75% of the movie took place inside one room of an apartment. also i love the twist the movie has where you think there is going to be a plot and then BAM!!! there is no plot and you are teleported to the inside of a ship where a robotic mind controlled alien gorilla battles the robots from the matrix only the robots have blue lights on them instead of red (how original). a bright point in this movie is the fact that they play a good song from the band 30 seconds to mars in it, but that is also a bad thing because i will be sad when i find out the bad decided to quit music forever when they discovered one of their songs had become part of the horrid cinematic abomination has is known as Skyline.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The previews look terrible. How does ATS feel about you blasting its main advertising purchaser for the last few weeks, though?
Turk was the only thing the trailer had going for it. Too bad it doesn't just turn out to be one of JD's daydreams.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent
reply to post by IAMTAT

piece of trash

One mans trash is another s treasure.

I will see it just to judge for my self

I think that's actually the best way to go. Starred your comment. Lots of ppl hated Enterprise, but I loved it.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by IAMTAT
Seriously, the only possible explanation for this horrible, horrible, poorly written and ill conceived film's existence would have to be to make Battlefield Earth look GOOD!
My dear fellow ATSers and friends, I know this film is heavily promoted on this site...so, perhaps my post will be short-lived...but PLEASE allow me to help you ALL to save your time, money...and dignity by suggesting you avoid this truly awful film like the plague.
Don't make the same mistake I have just made this afternoon by seeing this over-hyped cinematic piece of trash. TRUST ME...you will thank me later! -TAT

Sorry that you have no imagination..Why don't you let people make their own decision? I just saw it and I loved it. It was lacking a plot basically but I dont really care about plots with alien invasion movies. I want to see aliens invading!

I will not be thanking you.

It looks really interesting to me too - and sexy in a movie-going way. My GF absolutely wants to see it, so guess where I'll be? Lol.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spinster
reply to post by IAMTAT

Scientologists werent really responsible for battlefield earth (which is the worst movie i have ever seen). But it was an l.ron hubbard novel he wrote before the quack started scientology. But still dont really understand what skyline has to do with it, just that they are both really bad movies.

Battlefield Earth was a GREAT book. The movie.. sucked a$$ God in heaven. they could not have made a worse movie if they set out to make a horrible movie. Next runner up in Starship Troopers, that movie sucked harder and longer than BE - I think the director and producer NEVER read the damned book!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reagansghost
* Warning Spoilers*

i actually thing Skyline is a great achievement in cinema because it is the first movie i have seen that was sooooooo bad that i actually contracted eye syphilis from watching it. the acting is horrid i guess that is expected when you cast kevin federlin's look alive as the lead. also the special effects were so good but it was too bad we couldn't see them since 75% of the movie took place inside one room of an apartment. also i love the twist the movie has where you think there is going to be a plot and then BAM!!! there is no plot and you are teleported to the inside of a ship where a robotic mind controlled alien gorilla battles the robots from the matrix only the robots have blue lights on them instead of red (how original). a bright point in this movie is the fact that they play a good song from the band 30 seconds to mars in it, but that is also a bad thing because i will be sad when i find out the bad decided to quit music forever when they discovered one of their songs had become part of the horrid cinematic abomination has is known as Skyline.

OKAY, but "eye syphilis" WTF?
LMAO!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Reagansghost

was sooooooo bad that i actually contracted eye syphilis from watching it.

Thanks for the crack up yo!
Now I just have to watch to see how bad it could really be!
Perhaps I should wear some eye protection?

Peace,
spec

ETA: preview looks good but the reviews are coming out as bad. Scientology? I will have to see....

edit on 12-11-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: addition

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
i heard it was from the ame guy who directed cloverfield..... i gotta say that was enough to put me off.

i picked up cloverfield when it came out on dvd but hdnt seen it,, watched it once then gave it to a mate and said keep it... now that was a complete load of #e.... no climax and the cameras just follow around the most god awfull characters that you could put on film.

Personally im not fussed about big movie anymore but i am eagerly waiting for the release of strgate extiction. It really says something when straight to dvd films are better than the block busters

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

starship troopers was ok. i wouldnt go as far as to say any thought went into it but if you got in from a night out and wanted to chill and crash and watch ome fun crap then starship troopers does the job. Its one of those films where you dont hve to pay any attention and know that you dont have to take it at all seriously. personally i think the script and concept could be written on the back of a posted note but it was fun none the less.
Although i may have had a bit more time for it if they left doogie houser in rehab and used an unknown

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by louieprima
How does ATS feel about you blasting its main advertising purchaser for the last few weeks, though?

Well, they moved my post within 20 minutes.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by louieprima
How does ATS feel about you blasting its main advertising purchaser for the last few weeks, though?

Well, they moved my post within 20 minutes.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
For all of those who say that Battlefield Earth was the worst movie of all time, you obviously haven't seen Ultraviolet with Milla Jovovich. I wanted to spork my eyes out after that one for allowing me to see it.

I had to watch The Fifth Element and Dazed and Confused multiple times each to help me recover my desire for Milla.

Skyline looks about as original as Smokey and the Bandit 4: More of the Same.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Oh boy...truly awful is pretty much a bad review as one can get...thanks for the heads up...

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I don't really understand the Scientology connection.

That being said

*********************I AM ABOUT TO EXTENSIVELY DISCUSS THE PLOT OF THIS MOVIE AND RUIN IT FOR YOU IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT**************************
Text

The movie is indeed mostly set within an Penthouse apartment with the majority of the remainder of the film being set within the building housing the said Penthouse. I am perplexed by the reviews on ATS speaking so negatively and hatefully of this movie! The movie offers hints at conspiracy and government complacency in the invasion as well as glimpses of advanced government technology (within the context of the plot of course).

In my opinion the plot of the movie dealt as much with trying to escape from the building as it did with an alien invasion. So many ATS threads are dedicated to survival of just such a situation. Skyline offers us a chance to see a variety of desperate measures dedicated solely to escaping from the building. The plot is well developed in regard to this aspect and IMO the escape element should be seen as an excellently portrayed and very much true to what could be should such a situation arise.

The nature of the aliens attack as well as the visual design of the aliens in general is refreshingly new in a genre heavily burdened with look alike aliens and cookie cutter plots. The acting was not the abomination that so many have claimed it to be although some of the casting could have been better considered I must say.

Overall its a great movie. Skyline offers sci-fi fans a visually rich and effect filled experience with a plot that is a welcome departure from what the alien invasion genre has produced of late.

As to the negative reviews of this film I have read on ATS I must say that I am befuddled as to why a site with so many threads about alien invasion and SHTF scenarios is reviewing Skyline in such a fashion.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpAndC
Also does Turk die by being crushed in that car?

haha Turk better survive....

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by the_0bserver85

awesome. I'm glad they made a movie where the aliens win.I loved the movie independence day but the ending was so tacked on, not at all believable, corny etc.

really if an advanced alien race came here, we would have as much chance of beating them as the native americans had of beating back the european settlers.

They aught to make a movie based on the wacky internet theory that the pleadeans are coming to fight off the evil reptillians that rule the world to save humanity. That way you get all the big space ships and battles and humans could play a role in their own salvation but essentially they need an alien as advanced as the villain alien to help them win.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mackblack27

starship troopers was based on a book. In the book the aliens used weapons and armor, they were not like insects. also the movie condensed multiple characters together. The teacher in the early part of the movie who turns out to be in charge of rico's squad when he enlists but in the book they were two totally seperate characters with totally different personalities. Hollywood did what hollywood does, took a good sci-fi novel full of complexity and turned it into an action film with minimal plot.

don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie a lot. the sequels sucked though.

to those talking about the worst movie of all time, ultraviolet doesn't even come close. I've seen every episode of Mystery science theater and let me tell you, you don't know the first thing about bad movies untill you watch those movies.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Aggg, I read this thread before I was leaving to the movies to watch it. I should have listened to them. The worst movie I ever seen.

In fact, As I was leaving the theater a massive headache got a hold of me.

I believe

Originally posted by Reagansghost
i actually contracted eye syphilis.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by guyopitz

You know I had absolutely no idea it was based on a book. thnks for the info....
Like i said I actually liked starship troopers as a good fun film and for me micheal ironsides character was the films saving grace. YOU have actually prompted me to look for the book now . Is it worth a read?

I saw the last half hour of ultraviolet, it didnt really do much for me I must admit..
But I totally agree with you when you say people shouldnt call movies bad until they see mystery science theatre.. I used to tape it when it was on sci fi but havent seen it in years, they brought some real bad ones to my attention like land of the mole men and overdrawn at the memory bank... some real stinkers..
Dont suppose you have any idea where i could find soe episodes onlline do you , that would be appreciated.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by guyopitz

The writer makes a good point, although I am still trying to get the bad taste out of my brain from seeing Skyline yesterday, I see a bright future for this abominable film with Mystery Science Theatre sometime in the not to distant future.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join