It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panic as Massive Possession Grips School

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Panic as Massive Possession Grips School

www.datelinezero.com

Roman Catholic priests, pastors of other churches, ambulances, police teams, and fire officers were all called to the frightening scene.

In the Caribbean state of Trinidad and Tobago, 17 female students fell mysteriously ill and began rolling on the ground, hissing and blabbering in a strange tongue, after suffering bouts of nausea and headaches.

Two of the students reportedly tried to throw themselves off a railing and had to be physically restrained...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
en.wikipedia.org
guardian.co.tt

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
According to the story "Roman Catholic priests, as well as pastors from nearby churches, including Josephine Charles, Deborah Charles and Pastor Gordon, visited the school and began showering the children with holy water and prayers. ... Six ambulances arrived at the school accompanied by police teams from the Moruga and St Mary’s Police Post. A party of fire officers from the Princes Town Fire Station, led by acting Assistant Divisional Fire Officer Ramdeo Boodoo visited the school and began conducting several tests on the surroundings to determine the cause of the problem."

Some of the girl continued to need the toilet, and others began uttering word sounding like "shebbaberbebeb shhhhee." Sounds like glossolalia, apparently, so the article links to a wikipedia article on "speaking in tongues" aka "glossolalia."

I added that link, too, in the additional news links.

Strange story, especially after the other story from France about the several people who claim to have seen a demon before they all threw themselves out a window.

Strange times.

www.datelinezero.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Probably had something funny in their lunch.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I've had the chance to be present during a few excorcisms, ... very scary stuff. Rolling on the floor, biting, fighting, talking in strange languages, vomiting.

Was it demons ?? Was it a manifistation of their psyche ??

Whatever it is ..... its a SOB.

..... Maybe it was a flash-mob gone wrong ??
edit on 12-11-2010 by IntastellaBurst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
i've lend credence to PCP or some other drug these girls took over a mass demonic possession. or, it could be salvia ... i'm sure we've all seen the youtube videos of smoking salvia, and then rolling around on the floor and acting psychotic.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and venture this won't be the last we hear of such phenomena. They'll have one heck of a time explaining this one away with condensation.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Whoa, nice find. At first I would say that these girls all got together and decided to create this as a joke but reading the article makes me wonder. I suppose unless you knew the girls it would be hard to say for sure, and would they al be able to act that convincingly? Who knows.

Why so many in such a concentrated space though? That is the thing, demonic possession isn't new, but correct me if i am wrong but mass possessions are pretty rare. Why would demons want to possess 17 girls? I hope an expert on the subject can shed some light on this.. this sort of thing is what ATS is about!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I know a couple of girls from those islands, and they talk of routine beatings from their fathers with closed fists! These are otherwise well-adjusted, educated, and dependable women, but they talk about having fist fights with their father's like it is a normal thing? They even love their father's and mother's very much, and they don't see any issue with the way they were treated?

I don't know if that type of abuse is a common thing on those islands, but if it is, then these "possessions" could be psychological damage from that environment.

I don't know how boys are treated, but from what I gather they are treated immensely better than daughters. Maybe the fact that all these victims are girls is part of a larger problem in that society?

Any one on here from those islands that can give us more insight?

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Nausea, headaches, convulsions, hallucinations, mania affecting a group of people at the same time... that sounds like fairly classic ergotism (Wikipedia Link)

Like an earlier poster said, it sounds like they had something funny in their lunch. A common example is food made using grain products that have been infected with a particular fungus. I don't know how long it takes for the effects to kick in but I note in the report that it happened at lunch time.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Sounds like a classic case of '___'...

Honestly.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Sounds like a classic case of '___'...

Honestly.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I was listening to a story on NPR yesterday concerning the Catholic Church and exorcism. American Bishops are holding a two day conference on how to perform the rite.
They say that not enough priests are trained on how to recognize possession and perform an exorcism.
While I'm sure it's true there aren't enough priests to handle the job today, is the problem really from the lack of qualified exorcists, or is it that possession is up drastically in this day and age?
I have my opinion, what is yours?
Source

BTW, isn't Trinidad recognized worldwide in relation to Voodoo??
edit on 12-11-2010 by Marrr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

So......we are just accepting that this is a possession, that possessions are on the rise, and that the Catholic church is undermanned in dealing with it?
Doesn't that seem odd?

Why aren't other religions affected? Has an Athiest ever been possessed? Does a powerful demon from another world get its rocks off by making a young girl throw up and talk gibberish? Seems a possession would be a little more effective and pointed if you asked me? Why not possess Obama, or the school bus driver, or the Captain of a ship? Why not make these girls attack someone, or better yet make them seem highly intelligent and use them to create change in the community that would allow more possessions? Invite all your buddies up from hell?

Nope, I don't think there is any such thing as possession, and if there is such a thing, I don't think exorcisms are necessary, why not leave a demon trapped helplessly in a weak young body where it can't do anything? Seems like a better solution that setting it free again.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
"In the Caribbean state of Trinidad and Tobago, 17 female students fell mysteriously ill and began rolling on the ground, hissing and blabbering in a strange tongue, after suffering bouts of nausea and headaches. Two of the students reportedly tried to throw themselves off a railing and had to be physically restrained, triggering fears of a possible demon attack"

Sounds more like chemical warfare to me. Maybe a test run?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Ergot poisoning sounds the most likely cause.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Actually, what happened is perfectly understandable. Justin Bieber was nearbye shooting a new music video with a Caribbean theme.
edit on 12-11-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I really do not know what to say...

The last two nights I have had dreams of angels, miracles and the catholic church...

The first one started out like the exorcism... a dead cult leader was possessing people with followers..

Long short after being attacked... being the last one standing.... being overwhelmed after a victory and seeing thousands more getting ready to attack..

I ran...

while on the run, an angel appeared... this was who he looked like

It was funny but the message was this...

the big man put you through all this garbage for a reason, Why are you not using all your skills...

You were taught magic for a reasons....

The next the I saw was the damned possessed... I was armed and I fired... So far the during the dream they where shot and would keep coming... Well the first shot came out the gun... I saw the bullet.. I had carved a pentagram with inscriptions into the bullets...

they dropped like flies....

I then performed am act of voodoo and brought the cult leader back to life...

It was not pretty...

I told him god had a message for him it was a freebe... When he dies I would be the one to kill him...

he said

"She warned me"

The one last night is to jacked up and personal to mention... it involved the priest of the church and a miracle or two...

I get on here and i see this... I think it would be intelligent to see if anyone else has had weird dreams lately involving religion,,,,,

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
magic mushrooms anyone ??

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

It does seem odd that only catholics seem to get possessed. But then they are told about possession, and in a country where voodoo and catholisism combine i imagine the young ones get mighty confused.

But if this wasn't possession what was it? Poison seems logical, or as you also mentioned maybe psychological trauma from rough childhoods - but 17 girls all at the same time would seem to cast doubt on that. I'd go with poison - or they passed around some dodgy drugs and had adverse reactions (highly possible I reckon).

<<   2  3  4 >>

join