It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go the Aussies

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Go the Aussies

www.dailytelegraph.com. au

AUSTRALIAN and Afghan security forces have killed a Taliban leader behind operations against coalition forces in Oruzgan province.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 8-11-2010 by punterdeb because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2010 by punterdeb because: spelling mistake

edit on 8-11-2010 by punterdeb because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2010 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps from title

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Breaking news today...australian soldiers have got another one of the taliban leaders.

I dont know if people around the world know of just how brave our aussie soldiers are and what a great asset they are to the coalition forces all over the world. since ww1, aussie soldiers have been backing up the u.s and europe throughout ww1, ww2, korea, vietnam and the middle east.

for a nation that is probably considered small in population, our diggers have a heart the size of texas. no matter where they have been asked to go, for over 100 years the aussies have gone and showed courage that has become the stuff of legends, just ask any yanky, pommie or french frog...

my only ask would be that if ever we need YOU, you come running just as fast as you can!

www.dailytelegraph.com. au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Our brothers in Oz have always had our backs- yes we do know that and yes we do appreciate it!!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

lol, your not in OZ and your name is skippy?
But yes, Australia has done it's share and then some.
Many consider Australia a safe place in the event of many doomsday events.
So yes, please come and help if we need it but don't bring 100 relatives with you as we aint got enough water..

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
In other news, Afghan resistance fighters have killed an invading Australian soldier.

Go Afghans !

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

I wish to seriously add something and to remind people and especially my fellow Australian members of ATS that the term Digger also includes the animals that help them do their job! At least 2 Aussie Digger Dogs have died in the course of the war and the bloddy scumbag MSM etc. don't include them in the body count tally!

DISGUSTING!

In fact there is no :pukingmyfreakinggutsoutemoticon: big enuff to fully express just how disgusted I am at that fact!

Personal Disclosure: Any Australian who doesn't think Simpsons Donkey was also a Digger seriously needs to go to the War Memorial and get freaking educated!

P.S.
To Australia's wonderfull Brave and Courageous yet compassionate Diggers! I'm so proud of you it freaking hurts! WOOT! Shoot straight you bastards, don't make a mess of it! It's wonderfull when Rule 303 is applied Correctly eh!

I'm also completely gutted that our Dept of Defence is NOT taking full and proper care of you when you return from the battlefront, let alone whilst you are there!
You are the 1st people I think of thank when I wake up and you are the last people I pray for before I go to sleep!

P.P.S.
Just to keep promoting that everything in Oz can and will probably Kill you! Take note of our Diggers OK as they be a part of Australia's wild wildlife too!

\

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
In other news, Afghan resistance fighters have killed an invading Australian soldier.

Go Afghans !

well i suppose every circus has to have a clown and your it. congratulations i hope it has brightened your day by posting this....your parents must be so proud.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

As a fellow Aussie and former serviceman i have to agree with regard to our diggers valour! As far as us
needing military assistance, i dont think the US or England would sit back and let us be over run by
little Indonesians when or if they decided to.
Also dont forget that if it wasnt for the US and a certain legend admiral William "bull" Halsey we would
probably be speaking Japanese today.
Military successes aside its time to bring them home from the Middle East for good.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

Go Afghans !

well i suppose every circus has to have a clown and your it. congratulations i hope it has brightened your day by posting this....your parents must be so proud.

I agree with what you say as I would not wish death on anybody..
But I tend to agree that Afghanistan has been invaded and we should leave.
IMO every brave aussie soldier that dies there is a sin that should never have been comitted.
And BTW, I have relatives quite high in the Aussie military and they are now thinking the same.

edit on 8-11-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by punterdeb
well i suppose every circus has to have a clown and your it.

Why, thank you !

Any chance of a justification for this action, considering that Australia has no business to be involved in any combative role in Afghanistan ?

I would like to hear your own words, to justify Australian miltary and special forces' involvement in Afghanistan...

Go Afghans !

congratulations i hope it has brightened your day by posting this....your parents must be so proud.

It doesn't ''brighten up my day'' to post my comments, but if I see poor threads ( and, if we're brutally honest, this is one of them ), then I will have to correct them.

ps. Yes, my parent is proud of me... What does this have to do with selective Australian military involvement in the USA's wars and territorial conflicts ?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

i couldnt agree more. your correct.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

to put it in simple terms...this is not a thread about the validity of the war. thats for another thread. this was simply a thread about the diggers who have no control over where they are sent.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Go Afghans !

wtf. you just trying to start an argument ??????

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

to put it in simple terms...this is not a thread about the validity of the war. thats for another thread. this was simply a thread about the diggers who have no control over where they are sent.

The two concepts are irreconcilable.

There is no way that you can separate the two.

Australia doesn't have conscription, so the ''diggers'' have a choice in joining the army, and enrolling for conflicts that their country should stick their noses out of.

The diggers should consider who they're fighting for, in their minds, before they decide to join up, unless they want to be actively involved in mindlessly killing and protecting a society that their government tells them is acceptable to invade.

GO AFGHANS !

edit on 8-11-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

go away you little flea, you are just making a fool of yourself now

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by scott,aussie

Or maybe I'm trying to start an ''argument'' that's based on perspective in the real world.

Please give me one reason, and justification, as to why Australian troops are active in Afghanistan ?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

go away you little flea, you are just making a fool of yourself now

Is that an admittance that you can't justify the Australian military's actions, or their ''special service's'' role, in the invasion of Afghanistan ?

Please tell me why you think that Australian ''diggers'' should be in Afghanistan.

Can you answer this ?

GO AFGHANS !

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by scott,aussie

Or maybe I'm trying to start an ''argument'' that's based on perspective in the real world.

Please give me one reason, and justification, as to why Australian troops are active in Afghanistan ?

wy becouse we dont want use doinig what yous do to yourselves over her is that a good reason for you

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Yeah i will tell you, because our government is ruled by the cooparate world as is the US
and are simply doing as their told, what do you think really happened to K.Rudd?
Thats what happens when you try to take on the big boys!

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Explanation: Struth!
Completely agree with you that morally the war in afghanistan is wrong and should never of started at all and yes the Aussies [under Howard] were willingly duped into this conflict! [St*r btw but begrudged!
]

And there are a couple of recent threads on ATS about Noam Chomskies POV that covers the why of that...

Noam Chomsky is BACK IN PLAY (by erumisato)[ATS]

Noam Chomsky: No Evidence that Al-Qaeda Carried Out the 9/11 Attacks (by airspoon) [ATS]

But now "we" [Australians] are in there for better or worse, then we had better live up to the following standard...

Being True Blue!!! Fair Go and all that wootness and vegemite!

Because we were fighting WITH... hmmm who was it now???
Oh thats right it was the VALID Afghan security forces!

AUSTRALIAN and Afghan security forces have killed a Taliban leader behind operations against coalition forces in Oruzgan province.

I believe Australia should leave when the Afghans Government requests that we do so and not before or after!

Because Afghanistan is in a fight for its life and Australia had better freaking make sure she'll be right mate as they ARE Australia's freinds!

Yes! Go the VALID Afghans

This is how I validate them as awesome... They are Human Beings and have inalienable rights!

Universal Declaration of Human Rights!

So could you please show me evidence of where YOUR [and only yours] inalienable Human Rights were violated by the Australian Military, for you to have such a chip on yours and yours alone shoulders, which therefor validly caused you to hate them [me???] and drove you to post such a unspirited [in sense of brotherhood] comments to this thread. If you cannot do this then your comments were clearly out of spite and are therefore off topic and invalidly held! I anxiously await your reply containing such evidence otherwise just
OK!

Personal Disclosure: Didn't you hear Springer on ATS live a couple of days back [ATS Live #31 rewind at www.illustrial.net... saying if you can't say something nice then its probably better not to post?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join