It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry, secret or not?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by scooterstrats

You said it.

Back on topic.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

You said it.

Back on topic.

Man I am getting really confused. What is the topic?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

Freemasonry secret or not.
Second line.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

It has secret elements within it but Freemasonry is not a secret itself.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhadamanthus

What are you doing spying on me, tracking me down or something?

www.danasoft.com...
edit on 14-11-2010 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhadamanthus

What are you doing spying on me, tracking me down or something?

www.danasoft.com...
edit on 14-11-2010 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

No just proves that nobody is really anonymous on the internet.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Rhadamanthus

Ah, so that's what that image link is in your sig.

By the way Cosmo, it's a little program trick, nothing received on the back end from your computer. Shows me my IP and service provider here at work.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

So, spidy?

What was the intention though, to intimidate me, lol.

Whats the point of coming on this thread and posting that, then telling, no one is really anonymous on the internet, unless of cos, you want to intimidate someone.

I just ignore that member, and I pressed alert also.

Synical.

But like I said, lol, im transparent, I dont have nothing to hide, you can see that from my threads.....

edit on 15-11-2010 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I've seen them all over the place, you can have different messages, different settings.
For instance, my laptop's dual boot. I have Vista an Linux, I get different messages for both.

They're toys, but they're toys that should give you an idea of how security is handled online.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

Yes I know.. I have an 91 year old copy of Morals and Dogma.. I am familiar with the history of both Albert Pike, Aleister Crowley, and the O.T.O. I was just making quick statements in response to allegations on the first page about Satanic activities by these 2 men. These of course being false allegations. Satan comes from Shaitan, Adversary.. Lucifer, Lightbearer... Venus,Ra,Jesus, the sun.. Etc.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Alright, I joined this kind of late.. was reading through this with some interest until I realized that this is just another low level Blue Lodge Mason trying to talk it up.. Friend, if you are in the Blue Lodge, don't expect to actually learn what Masonry is ultimately about. Even at the degree of Master Mason you are still just part of the little game that they play. They baited you with a little bit of knowledge that seems deep, but is ultimately a misinterpretation..

You see the Blue Lodge is kind of like the underlings of Freemasonry. The true powers behind Freemasonry use the Blue Lodge to do mundane tasks such as organize little community/humanitarian efforts to make the whole of Freemasonry look good. Part of the control is to dangle this "secret" in front of people to attract the curious and the power hungry. Bind them with ritualistic rites and bam, you have a loyal following. Most people attain the 3rd degree and will remain there forever. Those who are well connected are either inducted into other lodges or other secret societies. Almost all the "secret societies" operate this way and that is because they are all basically the same. Freemasons, Rosicrucians, Jesuit Order, etc.. they all have basically the same teachings, most likely because they ARE the same at the very top. It's a pyramid scheme of knowledge. Those at the very top of these secret societies is what forms the group some call the Illuminati.

The truth is, Lucifer IS the light, representing the intellect and the powers of intellect. Those at the top do worship Lucifer but not in a biblical sense..

If you don't mind me asking, what degree are you?
edit on 18-11-2010 by italkyoulisten because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by italkyoulisten

I am a 32nd degree in the Scottish Rite, and a 3rd degree Master Mason. Are you impressed? Because the way you just described it, I must be at the upper level. Hell, I must be one step away from Lord Ruler Supream. I am not going to bust your gonads all that hard here, but look around, read some masonic threads, get an education on what masonry is.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I am a Master Mason, 3rd degree, the highest level achievable. Your other comments seem to concern ideas that arent pertinent to Freemasonry.I have no answers to those, so perhaps ask others more versed in the area you are pursuing.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Just being a Mason of high degree does not necessarily make you a "high level" Mason. Being a "high level" Mason depends more on who you know and family than the merit of your work alone. I was reading earlier in this thread where there was a debate over Albert Pike's Morals and Dogma in relation to Lucifer.. and it was played off as being a thing only of the Scottish Rite and not involving Blue Lodge Masonry. What do you have to say about this?

What I am saying is that the 3rd degree is NOT the highest level achievable. That is why there are various other lodges that one may join with recommendation once they have attained the degree of Master Mason i.e. Scottish Rite.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by italkyoulisten
Just being a Mason of high degree does not necessarily make you a "high level" Mason. Being a "high level" Mason depends more on who you know and family than the merit of your work alone.
Well, family generally has nothing to do with it. Who you know does, to an extent, because all the actual "high level" positions are either elected or appointed, so when you're campaigning for one of those openings, it pays to be well known and well liked. (We're talking Grand Lodge officers, and their equivalents in the appendent bodies...)

I was reading earlier in this thread where there was a debate over Albert Pike's Morals and Dogma in relation to Lucifer.. and it was played off as being a thing only of the Scottish Rite and not involving Blue Lodge Masonry. What do you have to say about this?
Morals & Dogma does only have to do with the Scottish Rite, and more specifically, the Scottish Rite Southern Jurisdiction.* It's meaningless to northern US Scottish Rite masons, and meaningless to Blue Lodge masons. They're essays on Pike's interpretations on the first 32 degrees of the Scottish Rite system as performed in ritual rewritten by Pike. Those rituals have been re-written a handful of times since then, and often Pike himself goes off on a variety of philosophical, religious and classical tangents, so it doesn't have nearly as much relevance on the modern practices of the Scottish Rite as it did when it was written. There's still some interesting stuff in it, though.
edit on 2010.11.19 by JoshNorton because: *The title page of my edition even reads "Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, Prepared for the Supreme Council of the Thirty-Third Degree (Mother Council of the World) for the Southern Jurisdiction of the United States and Published by its Authority.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Yes I am aware of the full title of the text in question..

I was asking him this because he claimed to be a 32nd degree Mason of the Scottish Rite, without specification of whether it was Northern or Southern Jurisdiction. Was just asking to see what he may have encountered during his journey to discover esoteric knowledge via the Scottish Rite and if the Pike passages exalting Lucifer had any relevance to his experiences.
edit on 19-11-2010 by italkyoulisten because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I am in the Southern Jurisdiction.Here is a wonderful explanation to that passage. I have stated elsewhere that I personally have read some of M&D, but not the whole book. There is a new book called A Bridge to Light that is written in much more modern English. When I did the research on the Pike quote you referred to, I found that Pike was talking about the mistranslation of Lucifer in the Bible. He was bringing it to light.(pardon the pun)

Let me give you a bit of the masonic structure for future knowledge. All masons who petition the lodge and are voted in receive the 1st degree. It's called Entered Apprentice. Then in most areas, they have to learn a catechism of what they did and return it in order to be advanced to the next degree. The 2nd is called Fellowcraft. The same process is repeated and then the initiate can be raised to the 3rd degree. Once that happens, (usually about 3-6 months) that man is a 3rd degree master mason. He is as much of a mason as any man who has been a part of UGLE approved masonry. If he wants to be an officer, he has to repeat the process of returning his 3rd. There are apendent bodies like the Scottish Rite, Shrine, York rite, and quite a few others, that an master mason can go into. None of those carry any additional weight in regular masonry. In the Scottish Rite, southern Jurisdiction, a mason pays around 300 dollars and spends a weekend at a reunion and receives his 4th through 32nd degree. I did mine about 4 months after I was raised. So I was a 32nd degree mason and was still learning what masonry was. Since then I have been involved in many things with blue lodge masonry and with the Scottish Rite. I learned that a member who has gone above and beyond in helping his community and helping masonry may be given the honor of being made a 33rd degree mason. It's an honorary degree. being that I am not one, I can't tell you what they do, but I know quite a few of them. None have sprouted horns yet.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

A question.

What is the position of the UGLE on the Grand Orient of France?

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

A question.

The UGLE does not recognize the Grand Orient of France. Neither do any US or Canadian Grand Lodges, nor the Grand Lodge of Scotland or Ireland.

The UGLE, as well as American, Canadian, Scottish, and Irish Grand Lodges, instead recognize the National Grand Lodge of France, which is not in amity with the Grand Orient.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

A question.

The UGLE does not recognize the Grand Orient of France. Neither do any US or Canadian Grand Lodges, nor the Grand Lodge of Scotland or Ireland.

The UGLE, as well as American, Canadian, Scottish, and Irish Grand Lodges, instead recognize the National Grand Lodge of France, which is not in amity with the Grand Orient.

Ok thanks for that.
Its just that I read that they accepted no belief in a diety.
Why do you think they suddenly changed those rules?
Strange.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join