It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the film "Skyline" Holywoods Veiled Attack on the Rapture?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
From the films.Wiki page

After a night of partying, a group of friends are distracted when beams of light awaken everyone in Los Angeles, that then attract every person like a moth to a flame. As the night progresses, they soon discover that once exposed to the light, they vanish into thin air, caused by extraterrestrial forces that ater threaten to swallow the entire human species

I have seen clips and the film looks awesome.

However I cant help but think that its loosley based on the "Rapture" that a lot of Christians (except myself) believe is coming as Gods angels "gathers the elect from the four winds" at the last trump.
Angels could be classed as extra terrestrial as they do not come from here, and there are enough technological statements in the bible to suggest they use technology to carry out their assignments..

Could this be a veiled attempt by Holywood to stop people looking "into the light"? Or just a bloody good sci-fi romp?
edit on 7-11-2010 by Yissachar1 because: typo

edit on 7-11-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

edit on 15/11/2010 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I think Hollywood is banking on 2 things here popular in the current pop culture in this movie:
The Rapture and Aliens

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I think Hollywood is banking on 2 things here popular in the current pop culture in this movie:
The Rapture and Aliens

Yeah

There litrally is nothing new under the sun!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I think it's just a good ol' si-fi romp and nothing more, they are just exploring different ideas on how an alien invasion would take place on earth, it looks interesting, can't wait to see it

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Traydor
I think it's just a good ol' si-fi romp and nothing more, they are just exploring different ideas on how an alien invasion would take place on earth, it looks interesting, can't wait to see it

Yeah, me too

But on watching the trailers, seeing all those people sucked up by a ray of light, I could not help but think "rapture".. And the fact they are evil aliens doing this for incideous reasons, could they be trying to send a message of sorts? Im not the only one who sees that surely?! Or maybe I have been on ATS too long

Either way im still going to see it. It looks awesone

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
there has been tons of movies, shows and music that seem to attack religions that include a god creator.

so yes, nothing new here.

and its just a movie

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I think its just a typical alien movie, like Independence Day. Thats how they make money...They make movies about situations and what not that fears us ect.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The Rapture is going to be cooler then any videogame. We failed on naming on when it happened numerous times. Yet we can name it more numerous times!
edit on 7-11-2010 by Romantic_Rebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

If you know about the idea of the rapture then yeah one would think of it perhaps right away.
We here at ATS often speak our minds at least to those who will hear. Many christian folk trust and obey
and avoid the fear which is what they were instructed to do..fear not.
It may be sort of like other disaster films, linked to popular ideas such as earth changes and global warming.
Bottom line, big bucks but otherwise a reflection of public mindset and/or the control grid.
Some worldly bandwagons are to be avoided like the plague. Maybe this movie suggests one of them:
the extraction of humans on a massive scale via advanced technology.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Maybe this movie suggests one of them: them: the extraction of humans on a massive scale via advanced technology
reply to post by njl51

Bloody plagiarists!

Is there even one doomsday theme they havent taped into?

Do you think there are undertones then? Taking certain globalist depopulation agendas or perhaps tapping into Judeo Christian prophecies of the rapture in a negative light to explain the sudden dissaperance of millions?

I dont know.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
You'd be amazed at all that is done to hide, twist and water down the Truth in an attempt to keep the masses in bondage to Satan and his Beast.

Bottom line, here's the Truth:

There are no aliens. There are no far off alien civilizations, grays, reptilians or little green men.

The UFO sightings have to do with the Spiritual War and signs in the heavens of End Times. The Lions of Zion are an elite order of holy angels that serve Yahweh and Christ Jesus and are for the most part the ones piloting the crafts. They will deliver Yahweh's wrath upon mankind at the battle of Armageddon.

The truth is that Yahweh is going to leave no doubt as to who these crafts belong to. The U.S. government that is so far advanced that they are privately engaged against the holy crafts in a game of cat and mouse, trying to either capture or shoot them down. But one thing they know for certain, they cannot out maneuver our side no matter how hard they try.

Matthew 10:34 "Don't assume that I came to bring peace on the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Exodus 15:3 "The LORD is a warrior; Yahweh is His name."

"There will be no peace on Earth until My Son's Kingdom. I will crush every kingdom now standing and rock the earth off its foundation. I Yahweh will destroy every enemy to My throne, and who can stop Me? Who can turn back My anger? No one." - Yahweh

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Actually it is more accurate that there are CreatorS in battle, not against humanity but with each other. The god in old testament makes numerous mentions of other gods many times, is a jealous god, and tempestuous, and throws tantrums, and wipes out entire cultures. The Divine creator in the old testament comes across as more of a child than a divine intelligence.
A introspective of Old testament and New testament writings reveal multiple references that cannot be taken as a single "god", but many multiple intelligences that may have visited earth, or had divine intercession on behalf of Humanity long ago. There may be a single master intelligence binding this all together...hopefully they show up before we destroy this speck of a blue planet.

The issue is who are the creators....would we consider intelligences far enough advanced to call them Gods..? would a primitive culture consider modern humans gods if we land in their region with jets/helicopters/ etc..?

Can an intelligence advanced enough to manipulate physics manifest itself and present itself in a manner we would understand?, and would we know how to interpret their presence?

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Ok just watched this trailer, there are others more telling though I might add, and I have one thing to say...

It creeped me out!!!

I have had ET visions and encounters over the span of my lifetime and I have to tell you a few of the things I just heard were right in line with what I know and have even casually stated here on ATS. For onething not to look up at them, just continue on as if they dont exist.

Did the writers of this movie hail from the depths of our own ATS forum to get some of the inside lines in this movie?

amazing and I am going on Friday night this is going to be scary cool.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

How is it anything to do with the Rapture? or a mock of it?

The rapture is another fear-mongering technique Christians use to keep their followers obedient. The rapture has been talked about for centuries and is still yet to happen.

Space aliens invading earth has absolutely NOTHING to do with the rapture, if anything, it's just another story that man has thought of that bears no truth, and is based on 0 evidence.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Actually it looks like a movie version of the old Atari video game "Defender" except not purely flying based.

Defender is an arcade video game developed released by Williams Electronics in 1980. A shooting game featuring two-dimensional (2D) graphics, the game is set on a fictional planet where the player must defeat waves of invading aliens while protecting astronauts. Development was led by Eugene Jarvis, a pinball programmer at Williams; Defender was Jarvis's first video game project, and drew inspiration from Space Invaders and Asteroids. Williams planned to display the game at the Amusement & Music Operators Association (AMOA) trade show, though development delays resulted in the team working on the game up until the show started.

Defender was commercially successful, selling over 55,000 units to become the company's best selling arcade game. Praise among critics focused on the game's audio-visuals and gameplay. It is frequently listed as one of Jarvis's best contributions to the video game industry, as well as one of the most difficult video games. Defender was ported to numerous platforms, inspired the development of other games, and was followed by sequels and many imitations.

SOURCE

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Christian scholars have debated for years on how tbtb will explain away the Christians being raptured
'aliens took them' could be as good an explanation as any

imho there are a lot of folks who would *love* to see a world without Christians
careful what you ask for...

new topics

top topics

join