It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an evil which is absolute?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
One of the things which make me think is the question of evil. Usually when people declare an act evil, it's always based on the morals of that persons way of thinking which is, obviously, based on the cultures standars which he or she was raised in. For example, cannibalism is considered as an evil thing by the majority of humankind (me included), but there were human societies where it wasn't. On the contrary. So what gives us the right to decide, we are right, they are wrong. Or the suicide bombings, or communism, etc. So my question is: is there an act of evil which doesn't depend on the conditions?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Na not really.

I seriously doubt you will find any evil that is absolute, as peopel rationalise.

Just look at the police, probably the biggest killers in society in civilian life. No qualms what so ever about destroying innocent people.

I never see any police prosecuted for locking up or targeting innocent people. Why is this?

Evil is not absolute in man, as evil runs society, like police and gov. Evil must go through police and gov, like no where else, and they rationalise it totally as being good while laughing there socks off at destroying some innocent persons life.

If your evil, just join the police or gov agencies, that is a fact.
edit on 11/6/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Good and evil are relative to the perspective.

I think I already posted on this. Somewhere in here.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yes.

The evil which is perfectly formulated to teach a civilization what not to do.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I thought you loved the police Andy? You're always stating how much you love and respect them, why the sudden change of heart?

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Perhaps Josef Fritzl ??

Have your own daughter locked up in the cellar for your own selfish sexual pleasure.. raping her for 24 years and making her a mother 5 times..

he is not on the list of top 10 most evil men.. ( listverse.com... ) but he should

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

I thought you loved the police Andy? You're always stating how much you love and respect them, why the sudden change of heart?

You must be being sarcastic, lol.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely, is so true.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Witness staring down a barrel of a gun that's about to go off. You will then know Absolute Evil. We give reasons to justify killing, but trust me...the ones who are being killed see things quite differently.

A moment of clarity...true witness of good and evil

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelior

The ONLY absolute evil that I can even think of is harming an innocent child. Abuse. sexual abuse, or murder. This Is the worst kind of evil that no one can argue against. A man murdered his wife and 2 young children in the next town over from me over a year ago, Tell me he is not pure evil.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xiphias

Sure. But which one? There were, are, and will be a few. I don't think that there is such a thing as a black or white civilization of humankind.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

I doubt even hurting children is absolute.

Remember that american geezer said america would crush a childs nuts in front of his parents to get them to talk.

The police would microwave children in your home, and laugh in your face.

Even harming children means nothing to alot of folks.

That is not an absolute for everyone.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

There is "evil"in every walk of life,and yes occasionally a bad apple or 2 gets into the police dept.,but not all are bad,and to make a blanket statement like that shows your ignorance at the VERY least.The overwheming majority of those who put on that uniform and protect and serve the citizens in their particular jurisdiction on a daily basis do so with honor and integrity and uphold the laws set forth by federal ,state and local branches of government.The very people you smear with impunity and anonymity may very well be the ones who someday may save your life or the life of someone you love or care about and will do so without hesitation even if you are a jackass.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I would describe it as an invisible darkness
casting a shadow, a blinding black guarded by hope.

Life is like a mystery with many clues, but with few answers
to tell us what it is that we can do to look for messages that keep us from the truth.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by monkey429

Most in police are bad apples, not your some bad apples.

The police have gone through my entire life and found nothing, and i can still not live my life. I have to live like a death sentence imposed by them, and they will never leave me alone to live my life, even though nothing and i mean nothing backed up there claims. The police in london,a nd what they did to me, would make the east german stazi proud. There is no such thing as a few bad apples, most police are bad apples.

That stuff about a few bad apples is not true, and the public are waking upto that reality with the net.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

If hurting children in the way I mentioned means nothing to a certain individual than that individual is pure evil. IMHO of course.
But....If there is no absolute evil, Absolute good doesn't exist either. Which puts us ALL in the gray area.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelior

Evil can only be defined by ones moral leanings or teachings.To a sociopath or moral relavist,evil does not exist and life is only about immediate gratification by whatver means necessary.To the rest of us those serial killers,pedophiles,rapists,sadists,etc are the personification of evil.I've dealt with a few in my daily dealings ,and they truly are unrepentant and unapologetic in their actions,and their only concern once confronted with the gravity of their actions is damage control,and how they once again may commit these atrocities undetected.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
anything that delibrately harms another person is evil. it's a simple as that.

if there were no people on earth, would evil still exist.

i think so, just like if their are no people on earth, would water still exist. it would still exist it would just not have any form or expression.

just because you don't feel it's evil doesn't mean it isn't. evil is a conscience and delibrate act of harming God.

since God cannot be harmed, we harm his creation, which includes ourselves.

but since their is no evil in heaven, then you can conclude that it is a tangible thing that can be eliminated.

so are we victims or willing co-conspirators being influenced by a powerful force that only God can elimintate or is it a fundamental corruption to our being that only God can fix.

that's why free will is considered one of God's greatest gifts, it is our last and one of our best weapons against evil.

that's why the Bible is so true, it all fits together and makes sense, evil is something that was taught to us and not wholely our fault. that is why God is merciful to mankind.
edit on 6-11-2010 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I cannot speak of London,Im here in the states.I am unfamiliar with the "rights"afforded to you or lack there of
You may be very well justified in your thinking process by your geography.I cannot walk in your shoes over there,but I wish you well for the future.

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Try explaining that to a sociopath ..and as far as the religious lean,most I have dealt with are athiests. Thats why people who demonstrate these types of actions against humanity must be imprisoned for life or executed, for the general welfare of the rest of society because 99.9 pct cannot be rehabilitated regardless what the liberal think tank may spew without the facts to back up their drivel.One cannot be rehabilitated or "corrected"when they chose not to be or see no wrong in their actions

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelior
One of the things which make me think is the question of evil. Usually when people declare an act evil, it's always based on the morals of that persons way of thinking which is, obviously, based on the cultures standars which he or she was raised in. For example, cannibalism is considered as an evil thing by the majority of humankind (me included), but there were human societies where it wasn't. On the contrary. So what gives us the right to decide, we are right, they are wrong. Or the suicide bombings, or communism, etc. So my question is: is there an act of evil which doesn't depend on the conditions?

Systematic, intentional genocide fits that term. Holocaust, Khmer Rouge in Cambodia, Stalin´s purges, ect.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join