It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cosmic event in north america

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
hisz.rsoe.hu...

What is this? A fireball. Something to do with the november 6th predictions? Anybody know what this is?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
RSOE reports it as

Fireball crossed the airspace of the countries
. I imagine that raised some eyebrows. I've only seen two of them.

and......

Great balls of fire have been reported swooping over Eastern Canada and several U.S. states. Even NASA's on the case. There are different theories about what was behind the sighting of those fireballs. A NASA spacecraft got a closer look at one of the possible sources today. The spacecraft flew past Hartley 2 -- taking closeup pictures after the comet made one of its closest passes by Earth this week. But one expert is skeptical of reports that any fireballs came from Hartley -- which is roughly 1.2 kilometres wide and spews deadly cyanide gas. Scientist Peter Brown says his meteor group at the University of Western Ontario tracked one of two fireballs while the other was tracked by NASA's Meteoroid Environment Office.
(from OP link)
edit on 5/11/10 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Is that for real?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

So in your opinion, big deal or not?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Hi, all. This might not be related but when I was driving home from work I saw some "rainbow-like" things in the sky; two of them and I took photos with my phone. I'll try to upload them later tonight; about to take off for a few hours. Oh and it was just around 4:15 p.m.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lel1111

Where?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by lel1111

What time zone are you in? Please post the pics as soon as you can.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It was the real to life Transformers to dominate the world
Not a happy ending this time

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The Taurid meteor shower is currently entering its most active days.
Here is a link from earthsky.org

earthsky

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by C-DNA

So in your opinion, big deal or not?

Not really enough information to formulate an opinion... Many "fireballs" are just meteorites that break up upon entry into Earth's atmosphere. As you can see by the American Meteorology Society's log of 2010 fireballs reported, they're not exactly infrequent.

As I said, I've seen two that weren't near known meteor showers. Spacejunk reentry? Common speck of interstellar dust? Don't know.
edit on 5/11/10 by argentus because: add quote

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Oh from the direction of the pleiades
!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Could it be connected to this? www.abovetopsecret.com... As in something launched from the ground rather than a fireball from space? Could they be reporting it as a fireball as misinformation?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It's the Transformers.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by C-DNA

I would guess not, if reported as a fireball, given that most of them seem to have a general inclination angle from "up there" to "down here", rather than something being launched. hard to say though..... I've never seen a launched known craft close up, so who knows how it would look or how it would be reported.

I'm not an expert on such things -- military/NASA launches nor meteorites -- just a skywatcher.

Interesting thread though, and hopefully more information will roll in to clarify exactly what people saw and reported.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The Coordinates listed depict that the event happened in Mongolia?
48° 41.458, 95° 37.500 I might upload a pic except ATS has blocked
me from doing so. The sighting is a couple of hundred miles from
the Taryatu-Chulutu Volcanic fields I might add.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

Chulutu? Cthulhu? Resemblance? lol

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I'm sorry, wrong place.
edit on 6-11-2010 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Confirmed rocket launch
spaceweather.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Sorry wrong thread
edit on 6-11-2010 by observe50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I find it hard to understand sending the pres and his 3000 minions along with 34 ships of the line to india for a nuclear accident cleanup.......dragging wife and kids along....(may be a cover)
However, if there was a landing of the ETs of one race or another, it may be possible that India has contacted the president on their request?
Perhaps the ETs are helping with the decontamination?
They have always seemed to be interested in our nukes....maybe they have information about such things we dont?
They may also have the tech to deal with the fallout etc....
Certainly the replacement for the shuttle would be an improvement on it as well...perhaps a space plane of smaller capacity but simpler launch requirements may be being tested?
just askin....

<<   2 >>

join