It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

white house order of succession within the department of justice?? WTF!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
SIGNED BY OBAMA ON NOVEMBER 4TH...

obama has issued an order of succession within the dept of justice? why?

in light of his recent trip to india, with his obscenely huge entourage, and now this? is he expecting the current attorney general to kick the bucket anytime soon? why would he die? and why is this for IMMEDIATE RELEASE?
this is all getting wierder by the minute...what are your thoughts?

www.youtube.com...

and the document....

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I am not too good on some terms.
What is order of succession?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

Now why in the world did the President sign this EO?

This does not make any sence to me,is something going to happen?WTF!!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Not sure why this would seem to send up red flags and all that, he simply changed the list of those in the existing order of succession that this new E.O. has since revoked.

Previous E.O. list of successors from 2008:

(a) United States Attorney for the District of Maryland;
(b) United States Attorney for the Southern District of Alabama; and
(c) United States Attorney for the Northern District of Georgia

New E.O. list of successors:

(a) United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia;
(b) United States Attorney for the District of Minnesota; and
(c) United States Attorney for the District of Arizona.

[ETA]
United States Attorney
Eastern District of Virginia
Neil H. MacBride

United States Attorney for the District of Minnesota B. Todd Jones

UNITED STATES ATTORNEY
FOR THE DISTRICT OF ARIZONA
DENNIS K. BURKE

edit on 11/5/2010 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

order of succession..to put it in plain terms or easy terms...the royal family work by it...when the queen dies the next in line is the successor.

so if the current attorney general dies then someone will take his place.

the odd thing is that this is coming out now...as though obama expects him to die, or in the untimely event of the attorney generals death....all very strange and extremely odd timing to be issuing such a document

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Per your request
www.google.com...:Order+of+succession&sa=X&ei=3zDUTJDAJcLflged1_yABQ&ved=0CBMQkAE

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This whole November thing is starting to get a little too real. What exactly is going on. And something is going on. This latest bit of strangeness is just too over the top...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

sorry about that!! Here ya go
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is fairly common, especially after an election. It was brought up in another doomsday thread, and I researched it and found a lot of similar orders.

This particular one is just for the Attorney General's office.

On the other hand, the Attorney General is in Baltimore, and a lot of the doomsday threads are pointing to Baltimore as a potential target. I think if I worked in that office, I might take a few vacation days!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I did not know that this was a common thing to do,thanks for sharing.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Nothing to worry about. They simply changed the names since it seems that the last 3 of them resigned i think.

NDGA

Designation of Judge Hogan in U.S. v. Camp Senior Judge Thomas F. Hogan of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia has been designated to preside over the case of United States v. Jack T. Camp Jr., 1:10-MJ-1415. The Chief Justice of the United States made the designation on the recommendation of the Judicial Conference Committee on Intercircuit Assignments after Chief Judge Joel F. Dubina of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit requested the assignment of a judge from outside the circuit. The assignment was made in accordance with standard intercircuit assignment procedures and pursuant to Title 28, United States Code, Section 294(d). Pending resolution of the case, all of Judge Camp's civil and criminal cases will be reassigned to other judges.

The US-Attorneys from revoked Order 13481

Alabama

Georgia

Maryland

As i said nothing to worry about i think.

edit on 5-11-2010 by Seed76 because: Minor Changes

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
i think its more the timing rather than the content that i find unsettling, wasnt sur about it, but if its normal then thats cool...then again...why now??

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Every dept. Has an order of succession to allow continuity in case of any event. In fact, every unit in the military has this as well. This is normal operating procedure and nothing to be concerned about.

Feltrick

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Here is a GREAT list of all the Executive Orders for many years. The ones numbered EO13239 through 13251 were all done in December 2001.

I don't think this site is all inclusive, because I also found many other succession orders by Bush and Obama that were not included on this particular link.

Executive Orders

HERE is a giant list of just Bush's Executive Orders pertaining to everything imaginable.

HERE is one from 2005 for the DOD for Secretary of Defense.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

The party is just sorting itself out after the election. They must come to their own internal power sharing arrangement and establish a new pecking order.

Postings to public office are still controlled by the Democrats because they have the upper house, and handing out or promising to hand out the posting and the perks associated with it is a way to control the party faithful.

ie "MacBride you do you even know what the fallout would be if you prosecuted this case? No, we have to bury this. And don't give me any of that "it's the law" crap. Think about your career MacBride, you're next in line"

edit on 5-11-2010 by belial259 because: Mistake

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

This is nothing new. It replaced an older EO established by Bush before he left office. All this did was remove the succession Bush put in place, which were the US Attorney for the District of Maryland, Southern District of Alabama, and the Northern district of Georgia.

Obama has designated:

(a) United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia;

(b) United States Attorney for the District of Minnesota; and

(c) United States Attorney for the District of Arizona

Just an update, nothing sinister to it.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
My bad.. I hit reply when I read the first post and did not realize someone else had given the same answer I did.. My bad.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
i love how americans claim to be free living in a democracy yet they have ZERO control and knowledge of whats happening in their own country. if this was in the EU you would see people rising, in fact never mind people. politicians themselves would stand up and question each other until they get answers...

what are they feeding you, americans?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
i love how americans claim to be free living in a democracy yet they have ZERO control and knowledge of whats happening in their own country. if this was in the EU you would see people rising, in fact never mind people. politicians themselves would stand up and question each other until they get answers...

what are they feeding you, americans?

The succession plan in place for the department of justice does not affect the American People. It is a purely political action taken when there is a change in party leadership.

The continuity of Government plan is the big one, and Americans are taught about that in grade School. PRes, V Pres, Speaker of the House etc etc etc. This is an executive order change, so its executive only.

But thanks for the history lesson on American Politics..

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

Thank you and thank you, too NWOnoworldorder. Long time ago I knew what that was, but brain farted when I saw the word.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join