It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Debates discussion thread

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

You are right about the focus of my debate.I thought I would lose points or something if I conceded very much. And as a writer, I really did believe in my pov. I cried when reading about the loss of languages and cultures, and of course, in tater fashion, my passion and emotions seeped through. Tho not as awfully as normal!!

So, this has shown me I have room to grow where my debate skills go. It was definitely a learning experience, and I have to say I appreciate the feedback and the experience.

And I did get a judge who said it was tie, lol! Whoever you are, LUV U!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Hopefully...he has read Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy...Because I intend on putting him in the hole during the opening arguments big time using only a single number - 37.

Ah, good number wrong movie ... you are of course thinking of 'Clerks.'

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Well...considering many of Proto's posts...it is possible I was thinking of The Never Ending Story...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Hopefully...he has read Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy...Because I intend on putting him in the hole during the opening arguments big time using only a single number - 37.

Ah, good number wrong movie ... you are of course thinking of 'Clerks.'

Poor MemoryShock holes in his presentation already!

He doesn't seem to have quite realized yet, I am leading off in the debate either, but then again since this is his First Ever ATS Debate, I am not surprised he's having a little trouble even before the starting gun is sounded.

Hey though guys, I really love playing the obnoxious ego maniac, but the breaking Foundation X story is huge and features heavily into my Rome Theories, so I do hope we won't be starting the debates this weekend and forgive me, if I don't find the time to keep up with the light hearted banter here either for a day or two.

I know you will all miss me, how the masses love their Caesar, fret not I shall return!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Oh yeah, and while Rome's attempt to financially take over the world is huge, it's also the first night I can buy and download the season premier of Burn Notice so as you can surmise, bigger names and events all around.

Ciao!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Oh yeah, plus I have steak queseodillas in the frying pan.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Oh and the cat needs fed too!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

No worries, Proto...I actually didn't expect to face you so early and with such an even ended topic...I look forward to what you may bring but rest assured, regardless of whether or not the debate opens tonight or Monday...I will have my opening written already...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Wow, where do you get the time, between answering all the U2U's from my adoring fans commenting on my brilliant and insightful posts, and the Moderators applauding me, I am hard pressed just to formulate the next brilliant post.

Of course the U2U's from the Harvard Debate coach advising me on strategy after critiquing my last debate is keeping me very occupied too. Wow you should hear what he said about you!

Oh well no time now, got to run, duties of state and all, best regards, well wishes, etc, etc, (Anthony what was his name again? Ah yes that's right) MemoryShock!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Ciao!

Etymology

The word derives from the Venetian phrase sciào vostro (in Italian schiavo vostro) or s-ciào su literally meaning "I am your slave".

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I miss you already, try not to stay out so late tonight please!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by orange-light

will bring some milk to serve with the chocolate

All right I will fix brownies too!

Nice to know you aren't allergic to nuts!

it helps being a little nuts now and then

so when do we meet?
in thunder or in rain?

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

he has his limits too …………

…………10,000 characters

and nobody is trading

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

Actually I just posted my opening statement to the debate with Memory Shock and it came in, under just 8,000 charachters.

I wonder, could that be because I don't feel the need to put quite so much effort into this opponent? mmmmmm

I am fixing some chocolate and carmel cake now!

I deserve a reward!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Do I have a debate post to work on...

When did this start?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

First off...ah hem...you told me that you had your opening post already written, Friday night. That's the only reason I said you could go to Tijuana for the weekend!

Second off, aren't you supposed to be keeping your eyes on the Forums?????

Now if you can't even keep track of your own debate thread!

Who is she, what's her name, does she know about our 'special' relationship.

I sat home all alone this weekend, and believed you when you said you were going snipe hunting!

Where were you, what were you doing?????

Oh yeah, you got a debate!

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

This would be her...

Right, I have started and am mildly bummed that I will have to stick with a framework but it'll be up tonight...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Right, I have started and am mildly bummed that I will have to stick with a framework but it'll be up tonight...

Okay ... but what about your debate post?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Hey if you need more time, take it. No need to hurry on account of me. I know you have a busy life, and lot's of responsibilities and I don't mean to be so demanding, it's just that, it's just that....I was knitting you this sweater all weekend...waaaaa waaaaaaa waaaaaaa.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
You guys are being a bit noisy...would you mind?

I am trying to watch 30 Rock...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join