It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Debates discussion thread

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

oh glad so glad chamber
thanks
you have found them

mem has the addy - so sent them to him

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
i am depressed
hand out all chocolate and cookies to me

my money goes to ………… ha this is a secret - but well known by whom i am supporting

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light
i am depressed
hand out all chocolate and cookies to me

my money goes to ………… ha this is a secret - but well known by whom i am supporting

Ah thanks that's so sweet, but just because someone failed to return your Red Shoes is no reason not to fairly consider them in the next debate!

Legend has it by the way the only thing that can defeat me is a wooden stake through the heart. Now if only I had one

You did an excellent job debating a very difficult subject, you will always be a winner in my book!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

Oh no Orange, you have to share that chocolate with me, pretty please?? I'm depressed too!!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Congratulations to my worthy opponent, MemoryShock for advancing to the next round. I enjoyed our debate, and am already anticipating the next chance I get to formally debate. Maybe this will inspire some of us....er, non winners, to match up in one on one debates from time to time.

In my own case, I would LOVE to formally debate abortion or men's reproductive rights, or any of the feminist issues, with one or more of my opponents.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

sure hotbakedtater
you can have as much chocolate as you need ;D
no problem as all

new group: chocolate united

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Ah thanks that's so sweet, but just because someone failed to return your Red Shoes is no reason not to fairly consider them in the next debate!

Legend has it by the way the only thing that can defeat me is a wooden stake through the heart. Now if only I had one

You did an excellent job debating a very difficult subject, you will always be a winner in my book!

sweetheart
it is always up to me to consider whom i blame for loosing my shoes my red shoes
all i wanna do is to clack them and go home

do you think a silver bullet might do the job as well?

i.ve tried my best as sure you did too
but the stars were against me - actually to confess i haven.t found anything real
and no i don.t believe in stars no way

so maybe a cookie party for everybody?
to comfort the second incomes
and to strengthen the guys for round 2?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

In my own case, I would LOVE to formally debate abortion or men's reproductive rights, or any of the feminist issues, with one or more of my opponents.

i am in with feminist issues
maybe also the right of men to work with contraceptions as well

recently a friend told me a story about her 13 years old daughter, who is first time in love, impressed by the jealousness of her boyfriend and claiming: "if he is going to beat me, that.s a sign of love right"

i am shocked by that
really shocked!

what did we fight for?

maybe an intersting topic too

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Proto happens to bake the best Chocolate Soufle with Best Sauce known to exist in the world!

Of course my home made Godiva Chocolate, Chocolate Chip ice cream is nothing to sneeze at.

Though many prefer my Chocolate Velvet Cake with Chocolate Butter Cream Icing.

I know the judges sure loved them

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

In my next debate I shall be arguing that their is bias against women in politics.

So since this is an important feminist issue I think this will be an important debate to follow.

Plus it should be interesting to see how MemoryShock performs in his first ever ATS Debate!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I am horrified to hear that!! How in the world does a child get that notion?? So sad to hear.

Yes, we would have a plethora of issues to debate, and there seem to be plenty of men who are interested in debating the topics, as the feminist/male reproductive rights threads seem to get a lot of traffic and hot opinions lately.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

that might be called bribery at some points
but i am accepting your kind invitation

will bring some milk to serve with the chocolate

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

pro or con?

and you might bite your teeth out on memoryshock
he is a hell of debater - although one day i want him (as an opponent
) i am somehow glad that this one day is not next week

will be an interesting topic

why are you insisting so much on: first debate of xy?

it is your first time to have the honor to debate HIM

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

me too

her mom actually throwed a guy out of apartment and life after he tried to do that for one time!

so it is not the bad example.

i also get the impression that the next generation of young women tend to live more the traditional way of our grandmothers and great-grandmothers

scaring just scaring

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I will be arguing that there is bias against women in politics, the pro position, MemoryShock will be arguing against it.

Of course it's his first official ATS Debate!

Personally I do not know why we have to go through all these silly and pointless formalities, but I suppose others would complain if they didn't put on some kind of show and just handed me my Debate Champion Crown.

Politics can be so tedious.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

will bring some milk to serve with the chocolate

All right I will fix brownies too!

Nice to know you aren't allergic to nuts!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

*goes out to place her bet on mr shock*

there are too much good guys in your way proto
toooooooo much

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Good guys always finish last!

They will all be assimilated.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Thanks to Skyfloating once again for a really fun debate. I'm gutted I lost my first ever match-up, but admittedly the best debater won still...

Good luck to all those in round 2..

edit on 12-11-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I want to congratulate hotbakedtater on her first ever debate...she brought up some interesting points and in retrospective analysis would like to say that if she had not demonized a common language and instead focused on how stability would have been more than possible (it is an inevitability, in my opinion) regardless she would have had possibly enjoyed more success.

A good example on how to carefully consider the framing of a debate topic...

Now...it seems I have to ponder what I can possibly do in preparation for my FIRST DEBATE EVER!!

I am pretty excited but kind of glad that I am easing into the process against another Debate Forum Noob...Hopefully...he has read Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy...Because I intend on putting him in the hole during the opening arguments big time using only a single number - 37.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join