It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my plan for 2014, whats yours?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
2014. That's when the Obamacare individual mandate kicks in. Now assuming the American people, or congress, or supreme court doesn't have the foresight to veto, revoke, or overturn this piece of garbage - what are your plans?

My response, in a form of a letter that I will write and mail to the DHHS follows...........

Dear Mr. Obama,

Ha, Ha. Guess the last laugh is on me right? I have to buy a product simply because I'm alive. Awesome. Guess you got the best of us didn't you? I mean, who could disagree that owning health insurance is better than not owning health insurance? I guess something that logical and simple should be followed up by a mandate to buy such a thing.....

Then again, who would deny that owning a car, television, radio, refrigerator, air conditioner, computer, internet connection, or amazon.com account is better than....not...... owning any of those individual things?

I guess owning just about anything is better than not owning it. Very few things fit the description of the proverbial 'white elephant.' That's the beauty of living in a free-market economy. At the very least you can always DECLINE to buy anything that you want don't wish to buy.

hmmm..... well, i guess its time to come clean isn't it? I'm not going to buy insurance. Yes... I know that I have the means to, but i choose not too. It's not because I am young and careless, it's because I am young and feel this is the best time for me to rebel against your tyrannical policy.

I do not wish to participate or buy from your insurance "pools." I refuse to sign any paperwork enrolling me in medicare. I refuse to buy private insurance as long as your mandate exists. I choose to live my life, risking my health, for no other reason then to thwart your mandate.

Oh, I see....so I'm doing this out of spite? Hatred for you? I see... My dislike of you is so strong and evil and irrational that i'm willing to sacrifice my own body and health to strike a faint blow against you?

Actually....NO. First, get the hell over yourself. Second, here's why you sound like every other fascist/totalitarian in the history of the world.....

Your plan if supposed to be "for my own good" its a "comprehensive scheme" you say. But at its heart its making me buy a private product, simply by virtue of being alive, or else face legal penalties (something that is unprecedented in American history). You are saying the same thing that every other statist/fascist/marxist/two-bit king has said throughout time...

"THE FRUITS OF YOUR LABOR ARE MINE AND I WILL USE THEM TO YOUR BENEFIT...TRUST ME....OR BE PUNISHED."

You assume just like the kings of the middle ages that you have some divine right to be trusted and followed. As if your good intentions for me, or your rationality/superiority trump my sovereignty as an individual.

You make appeals to my health and safety to make me seem insane. but how is that any different then the propaganda used against any revolution ever? Is going without health insurance to protest an oppressive and unprecedented federal law any more dangerous then fighting in the streets against british soldiers, or against the normans? or against the romans?

Revolution for principle implies risk to self. You cannot discredit my revolution of principle by virtue of the personal risk that I have chosen to take.

I am a big boy, mr. little boy. You are not king of your own world. I look forward to the consequence of my actions.... of course these will not be the natural consequences...something you forgot how to do along time ago. I hope this is a learning experience for you. I hope that the punishment of those who decide to do NOTHING besides live their normal life absent your "holy mandate" will wake enough people up to the asinine nature of your leadership.

F### you Mr. Obama,
Snusfanatic
edit on 28-10-2010 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)

new topics

join