It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what does happen when we die.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
blackness.
Not knowing it is black or caring it's black.
we are dead ...
Ever sleep with no dream's...Did you care you had 8 hours of darkness with no thoughts or memory's?
No cause you knew you would wake up..when you fell asleep.
But when death come's there wont be no waking up..darkness for eternity.

I would think that the universe in all of its efficiency would find something to do with the energy that we contain inside each one of us.

My mother in law was a pediatric nurse in critical care, and she explained first hand that our bodies lose 8 oz of weight at the moment of death. Now this isn't the bodily fluids as those were accounted for. What was this weight? Where did it go? And with the numerous near death and after death experiences I find it absolutely unlikely that we would simply spend our time in darkness for eternity. many people have reported hearing the conversations in the operating rooms, many people have described procedures they could not have known.

I am familiar with the concept of '___' release in the brain, and the theory that as our brain dies we hallucinate these events. The reality though is some of us have experienced coming close to that door. Some of us can remember what we have seen as for some, this was before we were old enough to have been tainted by education or other reading.

Still until we go, we get to banter about it.

..Ex

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Does'nt matter i was talking crap

I dont know and i wont untill i die. As long as theres something i'll be happy. If on the other hand theres nothing but black. You wont even know you've existed in the first place so it wont matter much.
edit on 29/10/10 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by v3_exceed
I would think that the universe in all of its efficiency would find something to do with the energy that we contain inside each one of us.

The energy is either used a fuel for the fire on which your cremated, or turns into heat and a nutritional supplement for plants and worms in the decomposition process

If you mean some kind of "spiritual energy" then we would have to find it first before we could speculate on were it goes
edit on 29-10-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

The energy is either used a fuel for the fire on which your cremated, or turns into heat and a nutritional supplement for plants and worms in the decomposition process

If you mean some kind of "spiritual energy" then we would have to find it first before we could speculate on were it goes
edit on 29-10-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

Im not saying your wrong, but does'nt it make you feel kind of worthless that this life is all you get. If thats the case then why even go through the motions. Why not just kill yourself and be done with it. Nothing you do means anything anyway. You, your wife, your kids are all meaningless.

There has to be something else does'nt there?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

I have read the Fredrick Myers theory and found it intriguing. Also, furthering my research into this - I found this website www.eternism.com... which seems to expound upon what FM had discussed in his.

I'd like to hear other members responses to the Eternon/Eternism theory.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
If you you truely understood life you would have the answer to your question,did you ask such questions about life before you came into being?what does it mean to be alive?to be me(you),why have we all been given the greatest gift of all~to be who we are.Those are the questions you should be asking.

Regards to all

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

I agree with the tainted (visions) version of the reports of NDE. However, I died in the 70s untainted at 15 years old. I knew nothing of such story's and floated into a massive tunnel. Yes, there was a light...

Ten or fifteen years later, when I found out about how common NDE story's are, I concurred.
My experience fit one or two of the fifty or so that I have read.

To the OP, I truly felt it was a beginning and and not an end.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

Worthless? Not really

I kind of enjoy life, although mine is by no means perfect, why can't the point of life be to be alive?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The corporeal human brain initiates, reacts, emotes, and reflects. As it does, information is released into the contextual environment. We know that information exists as a physical manifestation, since we can imbed information into physical materials (like silicon, carbon, minerals) where it can be physically stored and accessed. We have strands of DNA that contain physically stored information concerning our own corporeal blueprints. Yes, you can debate this issue, but the bottom line will still remain that you cannot store and reliably access what does not physically exist. That said, information physically exists.

The corporeal brain's form of information is not the relatively simple data information that we're used to exchanging with our computers. It is a very complex and context-rich form of information that (as all information does) fully and accurately represents the complete factual/contextual nature of the specific activity that brought it into existence. That representation, in the case of actively generated information, reflects the dynamic nature of that generation. When that generation is from the human brain, the sophistication of that information is relatively extreme and includes the brain's capacity for awareness and reasoned consciousness. Consciousness is a dynamic activity involving self-awareness, that is fully represented as fact by this information, and that means that the event of awareness survives the instant as dynamic, self-aware information.

As each burst of consciousness is replaced by the next burst, the corporeal brain's perception is that the bursts disappear into the past, but in truth, they can't cease to exist. After all, a fact of occurrence can never cease to be the fact of that occurrence. If an occurrence took place, then it can never have not taken place. The fact that it took place survives as fact forever. Such is the nature of information. It is eternal, once brought into physical existence by the represented event (occurrence).

These contextually associated bursts of conscious awareness do not scatter into the open spaces. The Survival imperative "Association" causes them to associate and build in relative mass over the course of the generating brain's corporeal existence. In the case of the ultra-sophisticated human brain, the information mass becomes directly involved in weighting (establishing relative significance) and otherwise managing the development of specific identity aspects of the emerging information mass. This is done through a feedback system (in active competition with the DNA information protocols that we refer to as natural instinct) that somewhat resembles the standing wave inherent in RF transmission systems.

In the case of this process, too low a "standing wave ratio" and the DNA (instinctive response) dominates the resulting burst contextual balance. Too high a "standing wave ratio" and anomalous conditions (psychic abilities, among others) can dramatically affect the developing contextual balances within the bursts. We refer to this process management, and its perceivable result, as The Personality. What we call the unique information result of this effort is human Intellect. In the case of the non-human brain, the DNA is not similarly challenged for control of the generation process and the information output of the effort is not Intellect. I refer to it as Response, since it is the simple instinctive response to external and internal-biological stimuli as fully represented by information.

This process begins to take hold of the human brain's information output after a few years of corporeal development, and once puberty hits the struggle to achieve inimitable identity becomes the primary focus of The Personality until the death of the generating brain. In essence, the Intellect itself hijacks the entire generation process (to varying degrees, of course) over the course of the life span and devotes itself to its own inimitable Identity expression. This causes the corporeal life of the human to become the means to an end, as opposed to an existential end in itself.

When corporeal death occurs, the gathered mass of Intellect bursts is loosed into the contextual environment and the human being is fully mature and viable. In the case of the non-human brain, the information mass is also loosed into the environment upon the death of the brain, with a variety of important existential implications that I won't go into here. That said, the Response mass is not an purposed existential end. It is simply the natural result of dynamic corporeal existence as reflected by appropriately dynamic information that also "masses" in-kind in response to the imperative Association. So no, dogs do not go to Heaven. Then again, they wouldn't know Heaven if it bit them.

Since the Intellect hijacks the corporeal process for its own end, human beings are not fully developed until we emerge from this 2nd gestational stage. Due to the "feedback" management effort of the Intellect's Personality, the human being is unique among auto-animate creatures - on this planet and on others. In fact, it's this feature that defines an auto-animate whole as human, regardless of what the base molecular (or non-molecular) structure of the being consists of. That capacity for "awareness of self" causes the informational representation to "care" about its own development, and this forces it to employ its dynamic nature (it is a full representation of a dynamic corporeal organization after all) to get involved in the crafting of that "self".

In the case of the human being, the death of the corporeal human generation system is the birth of the generated informational whole that is the fully manifest human being. Corporeal life as a gestational phase, is unique to the human being, and the result of the Intellect's "hijacking" of the natural corporeal "epitome expression" of the instinctive animal organism for its own unique Identity creation. The Intellect is aware, has a full sense of "being", and (as information) can never cease to exist. It is what it creates of itself while managing its generation via the corporeal human brain. When that effort is done, the human being is fully viable.

So, when you die, you're actually being born. From there, it's up to you what happens.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Current status body dies souls contained and reinserted and comes back new body memory wiped clean UNLESS ENERGY FLUX LOL ALLOWS MEMORY TO REMAIN
Future status souls all free WHO ARE WORTHY and original soul trappers are casted

Basically there is no real death just death of your soul transport vessel.
Interesting question S&F
edit on 10/29/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
when you die your spirit leaves your body as if you were dreaming, but more intense. then you have the choice to go into a portal and go into the afterlife or hang around with your consiousness as a "ghost" on the earthbound plane. either way- your alive after your die

This is what I believe also.

When we die we pass on to the astral plane, kind of like you keep on dreaming.

Im not sure if we can choose to remain in certain realms though.

But then again there are many views, I will continue life after life.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
just so everyone knows where i'm coming from in asking this question,
here is a thread that has been going.
this one blew my mind
not that i'm only doing the self-promotion thing, but as i increase in age, i'm 46 now.
i've been seeing more and more of my friends and family become ill and/or pass away.
i've always been a spiritual person in many ways, have always seen things with my own eyes and have heard testimony from others.
i'm really not sure what happens, lately i'm thinking towards a 'we create our own reality' type of thinking.
maybe it is up to the individual.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
The biggest mystery in life is death.

With all the advances in technology and science, we are no where closer to answers then the ancients. I have no set answer myself as many possiblities exist which seem plausable. You can't point to ghosts as proof of an afterlife as we have no hardcore evidence as to the origin of these already questionalbe entities.

Unlike aliens, Atlantis, and JFK - this is one mystery we will all get an answer to someday.

actually, the biggest mistery in life is life itself

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

blackness.
Not knowing it is black or caring it's black.
we are dead ...
Ever sleep with no dream's...Did you care you had 8 hours of darkness with no thoughts or memory's?
No cause you knew you would wake up..when you fell asleep.
But when death come's there wont be no waking up..darkness for eternity.

Still until we go, we get to banter about it.

..Ex

Does a tree come back to haunt the earth after we cut it down..then burn it?
No we burn it up and its gone forever or it rott's in the ground.
that's the big secret of life.
Same for animal's.
Look at a chicken.
They either turn to turn excrement or rott in the ground...there is no magical energy with in them.
Humans NEED a after life cause we are vain.
We have to be different than from every other living thing on this planet.
But we are nothing special beside we can think complex thought's.

Dakness nothingness a void..that what awaits us all .
But like i said if you or anyone wants to believe in a magical place filled with lollipops and corn nut's and naked women..go for it..if it makes you happier.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Does a tree come back to haunt the earth after we cut it down..then burn it? No we burn it up and its gone forever or it rott's in the ground. that's the big secret of life. Same for animal's.

how do you know?
just because your not tuned in doesn't mean it does not happen.
saying there is nothing is about the same as saying there is something after death.
there is no absolute proof that i know of concerning either outcome.
personally i think anyone who states things as fact is just talking out their ass.
no offense meant personally towards you.

edit on 29-10-2010 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
i tried searching this topic but didn't come up with much.
thought it would be interesting to give everyone a chance to just express beliefs on the subject.
do you believe in an actual heaven and hell?
do we just decompose and end up as dirt?
is there a certain energy level we obtain?
where do 'ghost' or 'spirits' enter the equation?
are we able to choose our destiny in any way?
anyone think we are reincarnated?

Reincarnations do not exist and up until the Rapture and Armageddon at which point this process will change and all who are left behind will be treated as vile criminals. But for now when someone dies and they are not tagged as a vile criminal, they leave their physical body behind and are instantly transformed into a spiritual body. They are greeted by loved ones that have previously crossed over in past times. From there, they will either enter the Light, or they will go to the Great Hall of Records first. It depends on the situation. But eventually, they enter the Baptismal Light and are admitted to the Heavenly Realm that all Holy Ghosts originate from. They are nurtured and cared for. Eventually, they might petition to be a guide. They can freely visit the lower plane once they have been tutored and given a home in the Majestic Heavenly realm.

However, in some special cases, they choose not to enter the Light which also requires accepting Truth and abiding by God's Sovereign Laws, and they are free to transverse the planes of existence but they are termed as a Convert. This could apply to anyone passing from murder - to a natural death. No one is a prisoner (i.e. ghosts) in the spiritual planes, except for those sentenced to the darkest realms. All other ghosts are free to move about as they please. The only exception, is, some are restrained from entering the Light for a time. Other than that, some just take longer at becoming heavenly members of the Divine Realm on the other side of the Baptismal Light. Upon passing through that light, they become Holy Ghosts.

If it is a vile criminal that passes over, they are apprehended by deputies of the Cherubic Order of Holy Angels. Regardless of whether the crime is murder, rape, molestation, or other vile act; and whether or not it has been, or ever was brought to the attention of Mankind, there are those on the other side that are well aware of what happened. There, the crime or crimes are visually shown in detail to the Creator; then, no less than two Holy Ghosts bear witness to the criminal’s vile action or actions. When the Creator pronounces sentencing, the Cherubs deliver the prisoner to the Powers Order of Holy Angels that police the upper planes. From there, he or she is delivered to the Seraphic Order that is in charge of the darkest realms (The Abyss AKA Hell). Once in their hands, the offender is placed in a dark realm. The crimes are played out visually for him or her to view on a repeated basis. How long they remain there, or if they will ever get out, is up to the Creator.

It should be noted, that a person can seek forgiveness after having committed a vile act while still in the Physical Realm. In some cases, if the Creator feels they are truly repentant, because only He can read their true feelings of the heart, then the “Spiritual Tag” is removed. When the pass over they are then allowed to move up to the second plane(s) and are greeted by a counselor. They cannot enter the Light until certain steps are taken and satisfied to the Creator’s atonement of sinful acts. This takes place at the Edge of Light Worship.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
What makes you think anybody or ATS for that matter has the answer to one of the most important questions of mankind? I have my own theories but nothing is concrete but I'm glad to see that people here are arrogant enough to think they know everything....

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

thanx for the reply, it's a bit too biblically christian for my taste, but this is why i posted this so people can express their beliefs. thanx.

It should be noted, that a person can seek forgiveness after having committed a vile act while still in the Physical Realm.

would this count for someone who, lets say, molested and murdered a child?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Does a tree come back to haunt the earth after we cut it down..then burn it?
No we burn it up and its gone forever or it rott's in the ground.
that's the big secret of life.
Same for animal's.
Look at a chicken.
They either turn to turn excrement or rott in the ground...there is no magical energy with in them.
Humans NEED a after life cause we are vain.
We have to be different than from every other living thing on this planet.
But we are nothing special beside we can think complex thought's.

Dakness nothingness a void..that what awaits us all .
But like i said if you or anyone wants to believe in a magical place filled with lollipops and corn nut's and naked women..go for it..if it makes you happier.

When we cut down a tree and burn it, we are converting the energy that the tree contains into light, sound and heat energy. The remains, the charcoal gets dispersed in the burning to a degree and helps enrich the ground around it. But that still doesn't explain where your energy goes. (Energy being defined as the ability to move matter.)

I'm not aware of and NDE, or ADE experiences that a chicken may or may not have had. There have been hundreds of thousands of people who have been close to death and experienced "something". There have been hundreds more who had been clinically dead for over an hour and expressed seeing and hearing things that they simply could not have. Is this definitive proof of life after death? Probably not, but when a blind from birth person has an after death experience where he can actually "see" things and is later able to describe what he "saw", I have to think that there is more than simply blackness.

There are also many reports of people coming back who can remember their past lives with extreme detail, even pet names and where they buried some valuables. Sure some of them might be faked, but not in every case. If even one instance proves to be genuine, then there is something after this life. Or if you like, there can be blackness, nothingness. I'm sure for some they will ignore everything around them to prove themselves right.

..Ex

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
What makes you think anybody or ATS for that matter has the answer to one of the most important questions of mankind? I have my own theories but nothing is concrete but I'm glad to see that people here are arrogant enough to think they know everything....

who's looking for answers?
i only tried to create a space for people to express thier opinion.

I have my own theories but nothing is concrete

your welcome to express your theories, or you can just leave it at expressing your opinion. it is up to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join