It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If TSHTF will we be sitting here on ATS creating new threads on the world dissaster?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I get paid to report the news.. so that day..I will quit and hide

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

If TSHTF enough for any of us to use any of the preparations we're trying to make...then it's doubtful there will BE an Internet for us to post on....

Ham radio will become the NEW (old) Internet, hehe...
edit on 19-11-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Oh man you bet I will be checking in with ATS first, my family and pets at my side! When the www goes down Ill be using my cell phone to connect with and supply info from my area to whomever I can from here, we have invested so much time together exposing and probably thwarting events over the years to just sit back silently, veee have vaays, no shut down is going to stop me.

Hint, get to know your local HAM radio operator or better yet get your own license.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

LOL!!! Like Owl posts from Harry Potter, those smart birds! Seriously We should have a handy WSHTF handbook of ATS's best and worst threads of all time so that we can access all the stuff our minds go blank on in the event.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The answer of course is "IT DEPENDS"

If it's a global economic event, it will unfold over a period of time. They may be a specific crash but life as we know it won't end right after the crash. In such an event, I'll be off to various stores to "Top Off" my supplies. How much and what I would purchase would depend on the type of "event".

If it's a worldwide catastrophic event without any warning then the last thing that I'd be doing is keeping online. I might check online, if the Internets working, to see what's happening but then I'd go into survival mode.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Well if the shtf and we have service we will definitely need the latest information,and if not the internet maybe we can do ham radios and if not that we'll get walkie talkies!

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think I will be busy throwing S to the fan.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I will be on my Ham Radio relaying emergency traffic.

I am a member of the Salvation Army Team Emergency Radio Network and I would encourage
everyone on ATS to look into getting your Ham Radio Licence and learning emergency
comunications procedures.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join