It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I stumbled across a conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout
Is there any precursor to Lauren's book, other accounts of 'Satanic Abuse', that predate hers? Even I'm wondering, was she the bandwagon or was she just jumping on?

The book Michelle Remembers written by the Canadian psychiatrist Lawrence Pazder and his then patient (and now wife) Michelle Smith was the start of the Satanic Ritual Abuse scare. It was first published in 1980. After being publicized in the National Enquirer and People Weekly, it became a nationwide sensation. This book predates Lauren's book by eight years. Lauren's book Satan's Underground was first published in 1988 at the height of the Satanic Ritual Abuse craze. The Geraldo Rivera show did a episode right before Halloween in 1988 called "Devil worship: Exploring Satan's Underground" which had Lauren on the show promoting her book which catapulted it to success.

After Cornerstone's expose showing her claims to be fraudulent, her publisher stopped publication of the book. The book was reissued in July 1991 by a small mom-and-pop publisher.

It might be important to note that the book Michelle Remembers that started this whole bandwagon going was debunked. It was originally exposed in 1990 by a conservative British Magazine and further debunked by another researcher who wrote a book exposing it as fraudulent in 1995, followed by another by yet another author in 2002. This is important to note because Cornerstone's first expose of Lauren's book as fraudulent was in 1990, following the 1990 expose of Michelle Remembers by the British Magazine and the followup expose was in 1999...years after the precursor to Lauren's book had already been exposed as fraudulent, already casting grave doubts upon other books of the same genre.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Again, I am not saying that it is true, but this is ATS, we have heard of Projects Bluebird and Artichoke, MK Ultra and, less plausibly, possibly, but maybe not, Monarch. We know also that the US Military, in conjunction with Standard Oil, at least one, recreation, in perfect detail, of an area of Berlin. Is it really so outlandish that they may have been employing mind control techniques on internees? Now again, I am not saying that the neice is the neice, or that what she is recounting of her 'aunt' is true, but I'm also not so keen to throw the baby out with the bath water either.

To be honest, I'm surprised that the MK Ultra and Project Monarch folks hadn't shown up en masse in this thread already.

The activities related to both of these projects distinctly mimic those commonly equated with the "Satanic Underground" of the Satanic Ritual Abuse scare. Looking at it from that angle it would take on a completely different tenor.

However, my point was more the way in which Cornerstone handled it. It was very, very little more than a character assassination. And the point that the neice made remains, they went straight to the family, which makes me wonder, who initiated the contact. I am not saying that the Evangelical movement is rife with satantic abuse, but I am also not particularly willing to rule out that one of those case may have some basis in truth. The articles do not really say anything other than that she was troubled and desperately needed to feel secure, she doesn't seem to have left them that bitter by the experience, that doesn't come across. I would guess that the reporter turned up to the door, and surprised them with the allegations and then went with the response, some will have slammed the door, some will have loved the chance for a gossip. The rest meated out with 'un-named' sources. Very convenient.

Any reporter is only going to have access to Public Documents and testimonials from primary "witnesses", such as family members. Assuming that her niece was of consenting age in 1989 it may be that she not approached to be interviewed because she was considered distant from the event, or other such factors.

If for instance, the author that claims to be Lauren's niece is indeed telling the truth about the Restraining Order, then that would be part of the Public Record. A simple search would have brought that up and an investigative reporter would indeed follow that lead. Although you could say that since this wasn't revealed by the Cornerstone investigative reporters that they were helping in covering it up, but it is equally possible that there was no such Restraining Order ever filed in the first place, which would also result in the same thing with the Cornerstone investigative reporters not contacting the niece for an interview.

(Now I'm a little curious myself. I wonder if I could dig up that supposed Restraining Order myself. It should be in a database online by now.)

Besides, it wasn't just immediate Family Members that were interviewed that gave the contrary allegations, but also friends that Lauren has supposedly "rescued" from Satanic Ritual Abuse and "counseled". I think this later category were the most destructive to Lauren's credibility.

What I did wonder about...conspiracy wise...with the itinerant workers and the time frame...is whether she could have been a victim of Kinsey's research. It was pretty much proven that much of his data, especially on paedophilia, was gained via going into prisons, and that his 'researchers' were paid for any report of an 'act' that they filed. Kind of ends up being, for the ex-con, scraping-by a little like selling blood. Which it really isn't the same at all, heinous, but there you go, it happened.

Well, considering Kinsey's popularity/notoriety in the 1950s, appearing on the cover of every mainstream magazine of the time period, it is certain that his name would have been a household name in that time. The only thing that would make one rule out that she may have been an inadvertent subject of one of Kinsey's experiments is that the results of his interviews with nine pedophiles turned out to be one singular source that was presented as being from multiple sources to legitimize the research as being valid and scientific (although this fact wasn't discovered until 40 years afterward).

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

What about what the guy said here?

www.gregoryreid.com...

Lauren's niece Tristie spoke about her Aunt, the only person in her family, she said, who had love. This was the niece that had not met her Aunt Lauren until AFTER the Cornerstone article; a niece who had been abused by Lauren's abusers; a niece who had a court order to keep Lauren's family away from her son. The same relatives Cornerstone painted as innocent victims of Lauren's "fabricated story." I am thankful Lauren had one relative to come forward and say, "I believe you because they did it to me too."

Do you think that she presented evidence of the court order? I am still trying to contact the person behind this site to see if he can give me any more information.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The delusional state of mind of this woman is very similar to people who have been subjected to the infamous "Project Monarch" programming. It creates dissociation in the "patient" so that the alters formed become controllable with cues. There are any number of possibilities as to why this programming may have "failed" or indeed been intentionally "deactivated" causing her to revert, but it's a possibility.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join