It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What single event or reason first got you interested in the conspiracy field?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
It always fascinates me how closed minded most people are. Whenever I try and bring up the subject of conspiracy whether it be 9/11,Bilderberg or whichever,I always get the same replies.Either people dont believe a word your saying or tell me they dont care or even worse they would rather not know. Obviously most people on here are more open minded and willing to look into these subjects themselves but I'd love to know when that first thought formed that everything isnt as its portrayed.

Although I've always been inquisitive and interested in the more 'out there' subjects for years I think 9/11 finally confirmed it all for me.I think this will probably be most peoples answer but would love to see what other avenues have led you here.Thanks in advance

Dooleys

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
For me it was the JFK thing.
Something was certainly up when it came to that one.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I have an obsession with knowing as much truth as humanly possible, and digging into pieces of history and topics that are contested just comes with the territory. I believe that most of what we understand as fact is a skewed version of what actually took place, so I guess my inquisitive nature is what got me started.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
When world leaders started calling for a new world order. It started sending chills down my spine and I thought they're going for exactly what the conspiracy nuts were saying all along except with better rhetoric.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The first thing that really got me fired up was when a buddy of mine asked me about chemtrails. I told him he was full of crap and he said lets take a little field trip.

He loaded up some binoculars and we took a field trip to a remote field in the middle of nowhere. I saw several planes doing their normal thing and nothing more. he never gave up and we returned to that pasture several times. One day I finally saw something that made you think.

I saw two white planes that day with no windows leaving behind a trail of who knows what. The strange part was they only had two engines each but each plane was leaving a trail of four trails. The literally made a grid in the sky.

Went home and did some research and here I am today. Some people will never believe it until they see it but I for one am a complete believer.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Watching the feds kill Vicki Weaver when I was a kid followed almost immediately by the feds torching the Davidians followed almost immediately by the feds trying to pay for their crimes monetarily to Randy Weaver.

Later it was the scam of taxation and extortion.

As I grew I noticed the ridiculousness of various absurd laws and regulations and would butt heads with them frequently. Laws and regs that have nothing to do with anything of any consequence. One wall of "NO!" after another. For no reason. Just control and money.

Currently it's a "marriage license" that's pissing me off. I have to ask the government and pay the government a fee to participate in an personal relationship? Well f that. It's like they're going to rape my woman and sell my children to the plantation across town or something.

There's no reason for any of this garbage other than control and money. To call it a "conspiracy" would imply theory or unproven conjecture. Well, every damn day money is taken from me, limits are put on my liberty and I 'm told I can't do a thing (a wholly personal thing affecting no one other myself) without petitioning for government approval. There's no conspiracy. Just slavery. It's like somebody constantly shouting in my face "Your name is Toby, boy!"

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
for me it was cannabis prohibition. once i found out how it was made illegal, the gloves were off so to speak.

when i saw how corporate bodies cooperated with each other, through lies and deceit, to achieve a hidden agenda, and succeed, anything was possible. and on top of that, it happening so long ago furthered my suspicions as i thought it must still be going on.

then i saw the loose change video and it raised more questions, and to my dismay i discovered groups like CFR and trilateral commision, which are nothing more than vast sophisticated versions of the group that made cannabis illegal. 9/11 became the next awakining as i discovered the depths these groups were willing to go to achieve things.

dont get me wrong, i believed the OS and stayed within my comfort zone like everybody else, but once they started going full steam on trying to pass all this crazy legislation.... i knew it was the same coordinated effort used to take out cannabis nearly 80 years prior. and i began recognizing this coordination of efforts everytime it reared its ugly head.

once you see a conspiracy unravel itself, anythings possible.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The very first time I noticed something weird and didn't really do anything with it, except getting mad as hell, was on sept.11 or 12 in 2001. Prez. Bush said families did not have the right to investigate what had happened, and I went like, WTH, he did not lose anyone in that attack, where does he come off telling people not to find out what happened to their families.

I only started to find stuff out in 2004/2005 because I watched Fahrenheit 9/11, which led me to a whole lot of documentaries about TPTB.

I would have really liked to be already awake in 2001, so I could have started buying gold for next to nothing. :-)
edit on 27-10-2010 by TaLoN.NL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Nice thread!

As for myself, I saw a group of people on the side of the road holding signs that said, "9/11 was an inside job!" and had their website. I checked it out, and became COMPLETELY addicted. As many people know, it certainly opens up a world of intriguing questions. It seems one thing leads to another and their all intertwined somehow.

Again, great thread. I love seeing what brought people here. S&F!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It was actually ATS that got me into CT. I came here for the political discussion, couldn't have cared less for conspiracy. Reading things here though changed my thinking. Made me more paranoid too. Thanks a lot guys.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dooleysleftleg

When Flight 800 was shot down by a US Navy missile. The very evening of the day that it happened, my then-father-in-law told me that one of his co-workers got a phone call from her son that was in the Navy only an hour after the shoot-down occurred. He said that the ship that he was on was on maneuvers and fired the missile that shot down a passenger plane.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I got deeper into thee conspiracy theory thing when I was watching ufo hunters and they were discussing the dulce D U M B. I went to the net looked up dumbs and ATS was were I was directed. After viewing the dumbs video I joined not long after.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Let's see, it all started with Santa Clause, then the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy etc. As soon as I realized, and it actually came as a shock to me, that adults lie, I have never believed anything a person of authority has told me since. I have always looked beyond for the truth.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
That's easy, at 16 learning that the whole outward history of Christianity in the British Isles I was taught in Church and school was a complete pack of lies

edit on 27/10/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

The JFK Assassination . I was 7 years Old at the time and just knew from the News on TV that Oswald could Not be Guilty . My Father also had his doubts , but like most people back then he eventually excepted the Warren Comissions Report . Since that time , I have become a Skeptic of alot of things , especially Certain World Events that in my eyes All seem to be Orchestrated by TPTB for some Still Unknown Reason ......

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Hrm For me it had to be seeing an unidentified flying object circling around in a v or triangle path when I was in elementary school. It had an orange glow, and was completely silent. I knew it couldn't be a helicopter because the farthest point it went out to was not that far and if it was a helicopter I would have definitely heard it at its farthest point out. After that I saw a few more over the years

Since then I was really into the alien/ufo phenomenon but lately have given up as it all just seems to go in circles.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It all started with Bram Vermeulen, he made an show about the annunaki and Sumerian the stone tablets.
I was fascinated about the beauty and technology they had.
Then the first search terms on youtube began about Annunaki, that led me to Zacharia S and the 2012 story.
The 2012story led me to the Maya's and Don Alejandro/ Drunovaldo. Then a link of the prophecy's on goolgle got me to a treath of ATS. I learn about layers of goverment, and i abandond hope for a life of balance.
The search of new balance got me more spiritual. That led me to Bashar. Bashare helpt me allot, by the tools of thought he gave me. Now im Balanced more, and all the subject from above seems far away from my needs.
My need is taking me somewhere and it is further away from ATS.

ATS isthe medcine that awoke me, now I almost OD on ATS,
So thats the new need to know i have, how to bring ATS alive in my environment.

I WANT TO DO SOMETHING, I WANT TO START CHANGING, I JUST WANT TO DO SOMETHING,WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY, fellow humans

ps of course i seen ufo's in real and had strange experiences. I can see aura's(dont do anything with it) bla bal balalalala
edit on 27-10-2010 by MrOrange82 because: (no reason given)

Oke i miss read the headline. I fast backtracked my development, i leave it there anyway.

edit on 27-10-2010 by MrOrange82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Two words. Loose Change.

Kind Regards,
Tokyodynamite

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Reading my very first thread on ATS a few yrs ago. I didnt pay much attention to politics and global news, pretty oblivious and ignorant now that I think about it. I was a teenager tuning out the world with my headphones and cell phone and gadgets. I found out about ATS on another site about unknown mysteries (cant recall the name at the moment). The first thread I read on ATS was about tptb and nwo, totally floored me, i couldnt believe it was true! Since then Ive become an active reader at ATS and I credit this site for opening my eyes and mind.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
For me it was a few things...

First of all I was born pre-moon landing, and my father was an Air Force pilot, so my interest in all things space probably predates the memories that I can still recall. And where there are thoughts of space, thoughts of aliens and otherworldly visiters cannot be far behind.

Also, being born in the mid sixties I had another, quite powerful draw because of these guys and their crazy adventures...

Then, in my formative years, when one of those guys hosted a show called In Search Of, I was hooked!

Ever since then it's been all Space 1999, Logans Run, X-Files, Star Wars, The Night Stalker, Buffy, Firefly, and Supernatural for me.

Hooked... Yep... Definitely hooked.

~Heff

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join