It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man VS coporation - the war we have almost lost

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Coporation: A corporation is an institution that is granted a charter recognizing it as a separate legal entity having its own privileges, and liabilities distinct from those of its members. There are many different forms of corporations, most of which are used to conduct business. ...
The central feature of the corporation is limited liability

Limited liability:
The corporation is liable up to the value of its assets, but creditors or plaintiffs cannot extract wealth from the investors beyond the value of the assets in the separate legal entity. You can lose your investment; you can't lose what you did not put into the company.
Limited liability is a means of risk-sharing. By placing "Inc." or "Ltd." – which stands for limited liability

So basically, this is a legal entity - just like you and me BUT it has limited liability?

How does that work? Why have we allowed them to setup a system where the only people that can actually lose are we the individual people (and our small businesses/partnerships)?
The only ones that can lose are the ones doing the work for these fat cat companies, the ones who's forefathers have worked to create these countries of ours!

How can anyone or anything in this world be allowed to make a profit without having to risk it all? For those of you saying it is not fair someone loses it all if their company/investment goes under - just remember that by saying they dont have to lose/go bankrupt you are saying they dont have to pay their debt they dont owe other honest people who have won the game for once.

Remember beyond 2000?
People driving solar cars, houses that clean themself - all supplied through cheap, new innovative technology..

Remember how everyone used to think that we would all have to work less because robots and computers were going to make our lives and jobs easier?

In reality robots and computers have made the general populations lives harder:
Corporations laid people off instead of reducing hours as these machines were brought in - some people even trained and programmed the robots/computers to do their jobs only to soon be replaced by them.

This is not corporations' fault - it is their job by design to turn a profit and ensure their survival in this world
IT IS THE GOVERNEMENTS FAULT for allowing those corporations unfair advantages that threaten the very survival of individual people and not regulating the machines replacing us.

Ive said it before, and I will say it again:

LIFE IS A GAME OF MONOPOLY - And I for one am not going to play this BS game when people can invest without the risk of losing it all, the banks can take away the value of your money when they see fit through inflation, and the rule set is constantly being added to.
And to top it off the rule makers, bankers and investers without risk are all having a big orgy

some people look down on me because I am unemployed, but in reality the fact is in order for me to get ahead and stop drowning in this world I need to hold someone else down either directly or indirectly - people are just too stupid to understand that this is a pyramid and someone always has to be at the bottom. I do not want to be part of a system where we are all drowning each other to stay afloat instead of working together to swim to the shore.

The end of the day the only way you can now beat the corporation and the corrupt bankers is to change the rules so they no longer have an advantage - but you can not do that while the rule maker (government) is corrupt. So you need to give the governement a altermatum - Make this game fair or we are not playing this game anymore, and when they refuse, which they will... You need to smash their hotels off the board and start again

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

So angry, Corporations are people to you know. they put all their money on the line to make a small percent each year. if they fail they lose it all. "unless your friends with Obama"

Bankers are people to. what did a banker ever do to you? what did a corporation ever do to you, except bring a good or service to you at your local store so you don’t have to travel half way across the state to get.

You have a few corporations that messed up but you put them all in a pot and say they are bad.

My family owns a corporation and work on construction sites. are we bad people?

Who cares if a computer took over someones job. thats one less person they have to pay in overhead. with that savings we are able to lower our margins and bring in a product cheaper then our competition, thats savings for you when you buy this good or service.

edit on 26-10-2010 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

so angry Corporations are people to you know. they put all their money on the line to make a small percent each year. if they fail they lose it all. "unless your friends with Obama"

bankers are people to. what did a banker ever do to you? what did a corporation ever do to you, except bring a good or service to you at your local store so you don’t have to travel half way across the state to get.

you have a few corporations that messed up but you put them all in a pot and say they are bad.

my family owns a corporation and work on construction sites. are we bad people?

Corporations are recognised as an entity by law - I am not recognising them as people. I am saying corporations with limited liability are bad by design - nothing to do with their intentions - as I state in my post, it is not their fault it is a flaw in the system design.

Edit to add: You are reading between the lines, I have not mentioned the bailout anywhere - that would require a seperate page of ranting. All I am saying is that it is the job of the corporation to squash as many others as it can to stay afloat and ensure it's own survival and that it is the governments fault for letting fight be unfair. Nothing to do with bagging on corporations - because once again they are doing what they are suppose to do.
edit on 26-10-2010 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I agree with you. It also goes a few steps further. Our government, at least in this phase in history, is controlled by the same power that controls the corporations. The same power that developed and owns the financial institutions and systems that print money and collect taxes from almost every nation state on Earth, the central banking system. The same power that developed and controls the education system that teaches us only so much, the media that only tells us only so much, the unelected think tanks and foundations that actually form our policies, the intelligence agencies that serve their host countries secondarily and their real owners primarily, the same power that installs or works with the large drug cartels to fund off the book projects, as they have throughout history. The same power that has held back technology that could actually reduce our need for fossil fuels--it's all one big system that's been around for a very long time, and has decided to make changes, changes they planned for very carefully, as they always do, from what we were used to since the end of WWII thru 2001. 9/11 was the historical dividing line from one era to another.

I recently posted links to Webster Tarpley's postings on Zero Hedge. In his writings, and in a film I also linked to, it goes into the history of just who this power is, and how it came to be. I hope you read and watch, and I hope you find it as illuminating as I did.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26-10-2010 by erumisato because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by erumisato

Great post - I totally agree, you are definetly going on my friends list ;-)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz

so angry Corporations are people to you know. they put all their money on the line to make a small percent each year. if they fail they lose it all. "unless your friends with Obama"

bankers are people to. what did a banker ever do to you? what did a corporation ever do to you, except bring a good or service to you at your local store so you don’t have to travel half way across the state to get.

you have a few corporations that messed up but you put them all in a pot and say they are bad.

my family owns a corporation and work on construction sites. are we bad people?

Corporations are recognised as an entity by law - I am not recognising them as people. I am saying corporations with limited liability are bad by design - nothing to do with their intentions - as I state in my post, it is not their fault it is a flaw in the system design.

how is a corporation bad by design? Our company has one of the best safety records with round the clock safty inspectors. but if something bad happend the corporation makes it so the person can only sue the corporation and not my family who owns it. We may lose the company over it but we will still be able to keep our house and car. how is that bad? you want us to lose everything if something like this happens?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

How refreshing this is; a joy to behold. It is one of us on these boards. Pleasant to make your acquaintance, camaro68ss for sure.

Commoners you shall gripe; but tame and obedient, you shall remain.

Your Master shall never fall, gripe all that you wish.

Gutless gripes, while we laugh.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

how is a corporation bad by design? Our company has one of the best safety records with round the clock safty inspectors. but if something bad happend the corporation makes it so the person can only sue the corporation and not my family who owns it. We may lose the company over it but we will still be able to keep our house and car. how is that bad? you want us to lose everything if something like this happens?

So you think the people you owe money to should go out of pocket because your company goes bankrupt? Even when the people running it are able to take big slices of the pie from that company and put them in to personal assets?

Edit to add: My point of view is that if your are able to take a slice of that pie you should then people should then be able to take that slice back if the company you are running fails - it is no one elses fault it failed, why should they pay?

Also - Please understand I am not saying A corporation is bad by design I am saying the corporations collectively are bad by design

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkRedSoda

so my family start out with nothing, asked for the loan and put the house up as equity. Started a business and took the risk to loss everything. We made money and was able to pay back the loan and because we made it and started a company we are the @@S holes for it.

My family rolled the dice and won. Now we are greedy corporate fat cats, lovely

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

so my family start out with nothing, asked for the loan and put the house up as equity. Started a business and took the risk to loss everything. We made money and was able to pay back the loan and because we made it and started a company we are the @@S holes for it.

Taking things a bit personally here arnt we? You say you started with nothing, you chose to risk your house - if you fail that is what you should lose. Where did I say companies are A-holes? I said the system is flawed... jees it's like talking to a wall.

I am not saying people should not be able to roll the dice and win, I am saying they should also have the same risk of losing.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

So you think the people you owe money to should go out of pocket because your company goes bankrupt? Even when the people running it are able to take big slices of the pie from that company and put them in to personal assets?

Edit to add: My point of view is that if your are able to take a slice of that pie you should then people should then be able to take that slice back if the company you are running fails - it is no one elses fault it failed, why should they pay?

Also - Please understand I am not saying A corporation is bad by design I am saying the corporations collectively are bad by design

Im trying to work out what you wrote here. kind of hard to read. so are you saying this thearetical person sueing shoud be able to take EVERYTHING, my company, house, car, and leave me on the street with out a job because of a complete freak accedent. how is that fair?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I can use all the friends I can get!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Very good post. You are awake and aware. No corporate koolaid for you.

"How does that work? Why have we allowed them to setup a system where the only people that can actually lose are we the individual people (and our small businesses/partnerships)?
The only ones that can lose are the ones doing the work for these fat cat companies, the ones who's forefathers have worked to create these countries of ours!

How can anyone or anything in this world be allowed to make a profit without having to risk it all? For those of you saying it is not fair someone loses it all if their company/investment goes under - just remember that by saying they dont have to lose/go bankrupt you are saying they dont have to pay their debt they dont owe other honest people who have won the game for once"

Most people believe that they are part of the "corporation" that is the illusion they have been fed and why they keep promoting and protecting it.

No, the big major corporations are owned and operated by a select few elite and have sold their souls in the name of profit $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

To hell with the common man, the 9-5 person that really does the work.

But most people will stay compliant sheep and just keep hoping to continue on the road of regularity.

Our governments (plural for now it is world wide) are owned and operated by the large corporations.

You either produce and conform or you are displaced.

Humanity has truely become a dog eat dog society.

Only the strong and ruthless will prefail unless the majority band togeather and demand equal justice for all.

edit on 26-10-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Ask your people how they feel.

You probably wouldn't like the answer,if they weren't worried about getting fired......

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Im trying to work out what you wrote here. kind of hard to read. so are you saying this thearetical person sueing shoud be able to take EVERYTHING, my company, house, car, and leave me on the street with out a job because of a complete freak accedent. how is that fair?

Yeah why not, those who profit the most from the company should stand to lose the most. What is not fair is that in the current system you can walk away with you house, car and whatever else you got when the company made profit and then when the company goes under you can go and sell that stuff or use it as collateral to start a new company - even tho your other company still owes people money. You can withdraw from a company whenever you like - if you stay onboard as it fails you should pay the price.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Taking things a bit personally here arnt we? You say you started with nothing, you chose to risk your house - if you fail that is what you should lose. Where did I say companies are A-holes? I said the system is flawed... jees it's like talking to a wall.

I find it hard for people to understand the risks Involved with starting companies. I don’t really feel people understand what it’s like to fork over a decade worth of savings and your house so you can start a company and make a better life for yourself. Because my family can’t do it all by itself we hire people to help. We don’t take these big bonuses, we pay ourselves salary and recycle all extra profits to grow the company, higher more people, and make more money.

If you would only understand the risks I would think you would be on my side of the fence. Then to advocate my familys house and all net worth to be taken away if something bad happened. that’s so messed up. I understand if i lose the company and the value it hold and all it bank accounts but to go after me personally. there two different things.

glad you guys are not elected house members. we would have no more new groth

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

You are all nearly arguing about something you do not understand.

The thing that made your "fictional entity-ship" happened before you were even born.

I say " Thank God For The Ignorant Masses",that you will never know the truth.

It is a choice you know?,.

Or is it an ultimatum?,one of a choice to be made between two choices?.

Research who benefits from your ignorance.

I'm not a genius,and I ain't gonna coach ya,.

I know what I know.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

I completely understand…. I see the balance sheet every month. you are the one that is in the unknowing my friend

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I find it hard for people to understand the risks Involved with starting companies. I don’t really feel people understand what it’s like to fork over a decade worth of savings and your house so you can start a company and make a better life for yourself. Because my family can’t do it all by itself we hire people to help. We don’t take these big bonuses, we pay ourselves salary and recycle all extra profits to grow the company, higher more people, and make more money.

My point of view is, you have the option of working for someone else, but you tried to win like the high rollers so you should stand the risk of losing like one - even if it is a freak accident, it is no one elses fault. You say you dont take big bonuses and salaries etc, so therefore you have lessened chances of the company failing, it is you playing your cards right, but to say you should still personally win no matter what cards are dealt is where I get lost.

If you would only understand the risks I would think you would be on my side of the fence. Then to advocate my familys house and all net worth to be taken away if something bad happened. that’s so messed up. I understand if i lose the company and the value it hold and all it bank accounts but to go after me personally. there two different things.

When the company gets makes huge profit you have the option of making huge profit or keeping it in the company for further safety- that is your choice. When the company loses huge profit you should lose what the company can not cover. Because you have the option of drawing equity from the company you and the company should be treated as one.

glad you guys are not elected house members. we would have no more new groth

We would have growth, but it would not be massive growth based on money that does not exist, creating bubble after bubble. Appreciate your time in sharing you view from your side of the fence camaro68ss.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
It should be noted that there is an extreme difference from a small privately operated single business to one that the Massive Corporate entity owns and operates 200 other corporations below it. A single corporation is not really a menace to the population. It is when the corporation owns other corporations and through a proxy decides the other corporations plight, without any harm to the parent corporation or other entities attached to the parent corporation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join